Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 01:32 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks guys. I ordered a couple of pieces to make my mount that was fixed and not suction or magnetic, but I will keep this as an option if it doesn't work.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

At CAMS events, any camera, phone or lap timer now needs to be approved by scrutineers. Suction caps are apparently (after the the sprint event event I attended two weeks ago) now no longer good enough on their own. You'll need a second tether; zip tie around an air vent should do. The regs pertain to the car. I'm not sure how they apply to helmets. I sometimes put a camera on the side of my helmet as I quite the "action" view.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
At CAMS events, any camera, phone or lap timer now needs to be approved by scrutineers. Suction caps are apparently (after the the sprint event event I attended two weeks ago) now no longer good enough on their own. You'll need a second tether; zip tie around an air vent should do. The regs pertain to the car. I'm not sure how they apply to helmets. I sometimes put a camera on the side of my helmet as I quite the "action" view.
This is exactly what I heard. I am thinking it is about the object become a projectile in case of a failure, which would be the same concept as the phone cup holder above. Like you said nothing zip ties can't fix though but I am trying to make a fixed mount to overcome these issues. Will post come pics if it works and once it is done.

Here is a fire extinguisher I mounted yesterday. CAMS approved bracket and CAMS approved fire extinguisher. $100 all up for both pieces, 5 minutes to install, and just as easy to remove, so doesn't need to be permanently in the car. Seat has full travel if you want to leave it in there and no holes in the car. The bracket gets screwed in with the front seat track bolts, just unbolt them, put the bracket in and rebolt.

If anyone wants or needs an extinguisher I recommend this.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:50 AM
roders
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

KAP Industries make great brackets and it is great to support a local Australian made product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTLBExvlsqC/"]https://www.instagram.com/p/BTLBExvlsqC/

Thanks to Russell, we developed the Porsche brackets with our GT4
Old 07-26-2017, 01:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Charlie and Rogers. Ive just dropped them a line to see if they will ship to your neighbors to the south...
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by roders
KAP Industries make great brackets and it is great to support a local Australian made product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTLBExvlsqC/"]https://www.instagram.com/p/BTLBExvlsqC/

Thanks to Russell, we developed the Porsche brackets with our GT4
Awesome mate, I wish I saw this sooner. Went looking for an option and Porsche quoted over $2k for the OEM bracket and extinguisher, this was $100 all up including the extinguisher.

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks Charlie and Rogers. Ive just dropped them a line to see if they will ship to your neighbors to the south...
Awesome mate. Richard was great to deal with and the fitment was spot on. Can't see shipping being an issue.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:36 AM
roders
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Yeh Russell ships Australia Wide, $62.50 covers the bracket and shipping
I'm sure he should not have any issues posting to NZ.

Regards
Rod
Old 07-26-2017, 04:40 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks all. I just bought one. I have the OEM Clubsport option and the extinguisher with that prevents the passenger seat being moved forward so the KAP doda is a better solution. Having said all that I am pretty sure that CAMS no longer requires extinguishers for track events; still needed for road rallies though and always a good idea for a road car anyway.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Thanks all. I just bought one. I have the OEM Clubsport option and the extinguisher with that prevents the passenger seat being moved forward so the KAP doda is a better solution. Having said all that I am pretty sure that CAMS no longer requires extinguishers for track events; still needed for road rallies though and always a good idea for a road car anyway.
I read the regulations for Bathurst and PCNSW Sprint events (doing August 19th one at Wakefield) and both require extinguishers + battery sticker. Only thing I need on otherwise standard car.

Also ordered a couple of pieces to make a secured phone holder which screws in behind the PCM. Will post some pictures up today or tomorrow if it works .
Old 07-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Dicknose
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
I hope your the driver and not the navigator...
Last I looked NZ was to the east!
Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok South east then? :-). Yip I don't navigate lol.

Ordered from Russell at KAP. He was super helpful...thanks for the tip off...
Old 07-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Charliekay
Racer

So wasn't happy with the phone holders on the market for the car, so got a couple of pieces and put them together to make a secure, no holes bracket for the car in a good position. I combined the following 2 parts together. Used the Rennline Dashmount Bracket and Arkon Holder. The ball mount and thread on the Rennline mount is the perfect fit for the Arkon holder.

Obviously you can use the Rennline with the magnetic mount but found it to move around too much on hard cornering and would definitely come off on the track.

http://www.arkon.com.au/arkon/rv001w...ring-only.html

http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.04/

The result.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:35 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Wheels arrived today so got the tyres fitted.

Koya SF10s. 19x11 & 19x8.5 with Trofeo R 295/30/19 & 235/35/19. Looking forward to testing them on the track.

Hopefully test fit them this weekend.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:26 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you heading out to test them? I have set also, fresh Trofeos but have gone 245 on front and 305 on rears in 19's

I'm at the SMP on the 24th

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Wheels arrived today so got the tyres fitted.

Koya SF10s. 19x11 & 19x8.5 with Trofeo R 295/30/19 & 235/35/19. Looking forward to testing them on the track.

Hopefully test fit them this weekend.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:32 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by mungee
When you heading out to test them? I have set also, fresh Trofeos but have gone 245 on front and 305 on rears in 19's

I'm at the SMP on the 24th
Any reason you went 305s rear? What size wheel you running at the front?

I am booked in to do Wakefield on August 19.

What event is on 24th?

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s