Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Lost my 3rd gear this morning. Will drop it at PC Willoughby tomorrow morning. I hope there are no issues and that there is one in stock in Sydney. I have booked at the Burrows day on Wednesday and wanted to use the car.
How do you get an invite to the Burrows Days?
Old 07-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
I'm not sure these days. I have been doing them on and off since 2000. I'd start with the web site Longroup.com.au.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:27 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Now I understand why you have been through so many. 18 track days? I wish I knew of that many that came up. Any idea where and who host all these?
Burrows runs about 1 a month, PCSS has 4 or so per year, Wakefield runs once a month I think through trackdayschool (look them up on Insta) rest are private days, either at SMP or the farm.

Also you have the Porsche club Au days, although these are often on weekends, and I don't do them often
Old 07-16-2017, 05:27 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Thanks mate, sounds like it is something I will definitely register for.

Sorry to hear about your car today. How many kms you got on it? I am not waiting for mine to go. Can you let me know how your go with PCW on the fix? I want to know how **** Porsche is with mods and this issue. You have the headers, as do I and if they are going to be ****** then it will definitely make me reconsider doing anymore mods.
No headers on mine. Just RSS toe links.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 AM
.dee
Instructor

Email Luke O'Neil, google him, he has a website, and get on the list
Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 AM
Charliekay
Racer

I'm not sure these days. I have been doing them on and off since 2000. I'd start with the web site Longroup.com.au.
Originally Posted by .dee
Email Luke O'Neil, google him, he has a website, and get on the list
Burrows runs about 1 a month, PCSS has 4 or so per year, Wakefield runs once a month I think through trackdayschool (look them up on Insta) rest are private days, either at SMP or the farm.

Also you have the Porsche club Au days, although these are often on weekends, and I don't do them often
Thanks guys. Just emailed Luke to get on the list.

I have done the farm and some private track days at SMSP but they are generally only 2-3 times a year. I have just registered with PCNSW so I can do their track as well. Trying to get more track time without being on a track with young kids who don't really appreciate how expensive it can get if you get it wrong.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Charliekay
Racer

No headers on mine. Just RSS toe links.
Thanks mate, I thought you had headers. Would love to hear how smooth the repairs are. I have the RSS toe links as well from Hamilton's. At my service 2 weeks ago the techs said if I ever need warranty work the headers will need to come off because Porsche are getting strict with mods and the headers will be in the pictures they need to send off.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:49 AM
.dee
Instructor

Thanks mate, I thought you had headers. Would love to hear how smooth the repairs are. I have the RSS toe links as well from Hamilton's. At my service 2 weeks ago the techs said if I ever need warranty work the headers will need to come off because Porsche are getting strict with mods and the headers will be in the pictures they need to send off.
To be honest, IMO, don't waste your money on performance mods on a gt4, I have had head to head runs down the straight at SMP, against a friends gt4 with headers, ipd, and something else done to it, mine was completely stock and going by Harry's timer we both were evenly matched, whoever gets a better run out at the top gets a higher speed and even then, only by about 1-2km per hour.

Get proper alignment, brake fluid and better pads, and you are set.

Focus on driver improvement, for better times, and if you are there, drop to 19" wheels and get more aggressive tires, like Warwick

Also forgot to add that the swift/tarot spring set makes a worthwhile improvement (higher rates) I ran them on mine for a couple of day, but ha to take them out as they drop the car about 20mm and I couldn't get up the driveway.

Still have them if you want
Old 07-16-2017, 07:39 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmagog
NA or Turbo?
NA
Old 07-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
NA
Very cool - its going to be stupendous and really wonder whether I would bother with the .2 3RS when it comes out?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Charliekay
Racer

To be honest, IMO, don't waste your money on performance mods on a gt4, I have had head to head runs down the straight at SMP, against a friends gt4 with headers, ipd, and something else done to it, mine was completely stock and going by Harry's timer we both were evenly matched, whoever gets a better run out at the top gets a higher speed and even then, only by about 1-2km per hour.

Get proper alignment, brake fluid and better pads, and you are set.

Focus on driver improvement, for better times, and if you are there, drop to 19" wheels and get more aggressive tires, like Warwick

Also forgot to add that the swift/tarot spring set makes a worthwhile improvement (higher rates) I ran them on mine for a couple of day, but ha to take them out as they drop the car about 20mm and I couldn't get up the driveway.

Still have them if you want
Thanks mate. Exactly what I am planning. Already looked into 19in options, just trying to find someone local without paying an arm and leg from the US. Was looking at some 19s + Trofeo rubber. Already have the track alignment with rear toe links done. Next is pads when they are due.

I heard the IPD, TBs and tune give another 40whp which should be good for more than 1-2kmh I thought?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Thanks guys. Just emailed Luke to get on the list.

I have done the farm and some private track days at SMSP but they are generally only 2-3 times a year. I have just registered with PCNSW so I can do their track as well. Trying to get more track time without being on a track with young kids who don't really appreciate how expensive it can get if you get it wrong.
I've been doing PCNSW sprint events for around 12 years now and it's a really nice competition with a great bunch of people and no bullsh*t. The days can be a bit slow at times but then plenty of time to talk to folk. Also some seriously good drivers who are only too willing to offer advice. Since your using Autohaus, Grant also does track support and will keep your spare track wheels and tyres etc if you have them. IMHO it's always worth paying for trackside support in the event something goes wrong.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 AM
.dee
Instructor

I heard the IPD, TBs and tune give another 40whp which should be good for more than 1-2kmh I thought?
I heard the same, and read the marketing spiel and saw the dyno graphs, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is actual real on track experience, and there was nothing in it between us.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Charliekay
Racer

I've been doing PCNSW sprint events for around 12 years now and it's a really nice competition with a great bunch of people and no bullsh*t. The days can be a bit slow at times but then plenty of time to talk to folk. Also some seriously good drivers who are only too willing to offer advice. Since your using Autohaus, Grant also does track support and will keep your spare track wheels and tyres etc if you have them. IMHO it's always worth paying for trackside support in the event something goes wrong.
Thanks mate. I might have a chat to him about this and see the costs involved.

Dee said you are running some 19s. Did you source these locally or from overseas? What tyres you running?

I heard the same, and read the marketing spiel and saw the dyno graphs, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is actual real on track experience, and there was nothing in it between us.
Good to know, thanks mate. Those $ sound like they are better spend going towards wheels.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NBTBRV8
90 Cayman GTS' were sold here, and I think it was around ~140 mark or so GT4, it could be more. The stats were earlier in this thread.
Thanks. 140 was the number that was going around early, but the latest 'confirmed' number I saw was 200 for the GT4.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s