Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:53 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Yes it was me (I actually won Class A outright too) and absolutely I'll be back at Bathurst again. Mark and Tim are both coming too so that's 3x GT4's that will be there.

I just also ordered a Guards LSD so now I have to aim for a sub 2:25 this year (presuming I get it in time). I'm also going to go and see my cage fabrication guy about getting some some custom uprights done. They may be of interest to people if I can get them done how I want so I will post up the details afterwards.
what part of the cage are the custom uprights for, the front? my front section was awfully tricky

Edit: no worries I just worked out what custom uprights are
Old 08-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
what part of the cage are the custom uprights for, the front? my front section was awfully tricky

Edit: no worries I just worked out what custom uprights are
Haha - yeah for the rear wing. Andrew previously built some uprights for me for my old R35 race car (see below).

Basically I want to get him to make me a base where you can easily change the center upright section in minutes rather than the uprights being part of the base. It also used a threaded rod with variable angle options - but I'm not sure I want to go to that level. But it would be great to be able to swap wing heights at the track in just 5 mins without having to pull the boot apart.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:46 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Yes it was me (I actually won Class A outright too) and absolutely I'll be back at Bathurst again. Mark and Tim are both coming too so that's 3x GT4's that will be there.

I just also ordered a Guards LSD so now I have to aim for a sub 2:25 this year (presuming I get it in time). I'm also going to go and see my cage fabrication guy about getting some some custom uprights done. They may be of interest to people if I can get them done how I want so I will post up the details afterwards.
Looking forward to seeing you there. I am doing the Regularity and not Supersprint, but coming up the Friday around lunch so will hopefully get a chance to meet and even have a beer if you will be there Friday night.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:49 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by mungee
Its like SP Motorsports Cayman GT4 - I prefer your red wheels though
Yeh exactly mate, without the numbers and rest of the little stickers. Also moved a couple of stickers around.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
So anyone keen to do this session?

SMSP, GP Circuit. 1-4pm. October 11.

https://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/...experienced-3/
I'm pretty sure I can do that day. I'll confirm and book tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Looking forward to seeing you there. I am doing the Regularity and not Supersprint, but coming up the Friday around lunch so will hopefully get a chance to meet and even have a beer if you will be there Friday night.
I'll be doing the Sprint but in my black beast if it's running OK (which it should be) otherwise the GT4.
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Let us know if you book it mate. That makes 3 of us. Alan, Warwick and myself.

I'll be doing the Sprint but in my black beast if it's running OK (which it should be) otherwise the GT4.
Awesome car mate. Should be a great weekend.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:42 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need a co-driver can I get in line please?

The V10 sounds phenomenal...

Old 08-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Originally Posted by mungee
If you need a co-driver can I get in line please?

The V10 sounds phenomenal...
Sadly just one seat. I was referring to the Bathurst Sprint which will be with the Lambo. On Saturday I'll run the GT4 which I intend to do at all PCNSW events. I'm really looking forward to some great competition from you guys.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Sadly just one seat. I was referring to the Bathurst Sprint which will be with the Lambo. On Saturday I'll run the GT4 which I intend to do at all PCNSW events. I'm really looking forward to some great competition from you guys.
Who else from here is going to be there other than you and I?

I don't think I will be much competition for you, you seem to have alot more track experience than me and I haven't done Wakefield in 4 or 5 years. We will see how I go.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:50 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

I've booked and paid for Oct 11. Hopefully a few GT4s will rock up.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:00 AM
Charliekay
Racer

I've booked and paid for Oct 11. Hopefully a few GT4s will rock up.
That makes 2 of us booked and confirmed.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:38 AM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No...3 now!!!!

That makes 2 of us booked and confirmed.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents. As you may recall I have my GT4 for sale and a few weeks back offered my DSC unit on this board for anyone wishing to purchase and same some money.

Chris on these boards purchased the unit and has now installed it. Has done some driving with it on the road and found like I did that the ride has improved without question. he has yet to sample its pleasures on track...

A GT4 friend of mine down here has just this week learned his 991.2 GT3 allocation has been accepted and the car will be delivered before year end. He has done a deal to trade his GT4 in early (end of August). He bought the DSC at the same time as I did. Its effectively an as new unit and he would like to sell it so contacted me to see if there was any interest on this board.

Please PM me if you would like to purchase a DSC unit for your GT4. I will ship it to you directly so you wont incur GST etc. You will enjoy considerable savings over buying the unit new.

Cheers
Old 08-20-2017, 10:37 PM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Gents. As you may recall I have my GT4 for sale and a few weeks back offered my DSC unit on this board for anyone wishing to purchase and same some money.

Chris on these boards purchased the unit and has now installed it. Has done some driving with it on the road and found like I did that the ride has improved without question. he has yet to sample its pleasures on track...

A GT4 friend of mine down here has just this week learned his 991.2 GT3 allocation has been accepted and the car will be delivered before year end. He has done a deal to trade his GT4 in early (end of August). He bought the DSC at the same time as I did. Its effectively an as new unit and he would like to sell it so contacted me to see if there was any interest on this board.

Please PM me if you would like to purchase a DSC unit for your GT4. I will ship it to you directly so you wont incur GST etc. You will enjoy considerable savings over buying the unit new.

Cheers
Why not just keep them for the GT3 as its the same unit and you can get a program for the GT3 from DSC.

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s