Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a big fan of the bronze, but a bit darker and in matt, bit like the bronze on ducati frames
Old 07-20-2017, 12:32 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

The red was my choice.

Warrick - I'm catching up with Mark this weekend (he's racing an Excel. lol) I think he was keen on some 19's to run at Bathurst. Not sure if he's done anything about it yet but I might have a chat to him about those Koyo's. I have a set of 19" Advans but they fit just a bit to close ti the calipers. If the Koyos have more clearance for $2K they look a good deal.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:57 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.
The red was my choice.

Warrick - I'm catching up with Mark this weekend (he's racing an Excel. lol) I think he was keen on some 19's to run at Bathurst. Not sure if he's done anything about it yet but I might have a chat to him about those Koyo's. I have a set of 19" Advans but they fit just a bit to close ti the calipers. If the Koyos have more clearance for $2K they look a good deal.
Just placed an order and it totaled $2240 delivered, but I am getting it done in a colour which costs a $60 a corner, so $2000 delivered in standard colours.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:08 AM
Dicknose
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry if you mentioned earlier, but what style sizes did you order?
Old 07-20-2017, 03:33 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Just placed an order and it totaled $2240 delivered, but I am getting it done in a colour which costs a $60 a corner, so $2000 delivered in standard colours.
They are exceptional buying at that price. As you said earlier you can buy a set of Koya SF10 for less than the price of one HRE. Recognise they're not fully forged, but if they're lightweight and strong enough to take track abuse, where's the value proposition to justify the huge delta in price?

Great choice on colour - look forward to seeing them on the car.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 971 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Thanks. They are great looking and an amazingly low weight. How much is a set for the GT4 in 9"F and 11"R?
Will DM you with pricing now.
Last I checked the R101s were about USD$11k, before shipping and taxes etc.. Would love to know if that has changed.
Originally Posted by James88
Ouch !!
That converts to $13800AUD and that's not including freight or taxes.
Originally Posted by Bardman
With AUD at almost USD 0.80 now might be the time to buy though for those interested!
I like the way you think

Anything over $5-6k delivered isn't worth it for me. Buy Koya wheels for $2k delivered. They weigh right on 10kgs for the rears and less for the front. So about 1kg per wheel more than the R101s.

For that cost difference i can break 6 sets of Koya wheels before it has cost me as much as the HREs. The amount of track time I do, I can't see myself going through that many before I change cars. Plus I have heard great things about Koya wheels and know a few people who run them on different cars, some street, some track and noone has bend or cracked one yet.

Plus the Koya SF10 is the same design as the R101.
Originally Posted by nzskater
They are exceptional buying at that price. As you said earlier you can buy a set of Koya SF10 for less than the price of one HRE. Recognise they're not fully forged, but if they're lightweight and strong enough to take track abuse, where's the value proposition to justify the huge delta in price?

While that may be the case cost wise I would definitely not want to go through the headache (or safety concerns) of having a wheel break on me. I have not had personal experience with Koya wheels here in the United States but the fact is that "semi forged" construction is not the industry standard for manufacturing the most durable wheel possible. A fully forged wheel (which it seems like Koya also does offer) is what I'd turned to.

Are there any high resolution closeup photos to the SF10? I'd love to see the details in the wheel side-by-side with the R101 LW

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Dicknose
Sorry if you mentioned earlier, but what style sizes did you order?
19x8.5 front and 19x11 rear.

Originally Posted by nzskater

Thanks mate. Like I said earlier, there are a few guys I know who run them on the track and I have never heard of anyone who had an issue with a crack or break, I asked them on their thoughts on Koya before I placed the order and noone had a bad work or negative thing to say.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Update on my gearbox. I have just been advised that the box is on back order and ETA is 4 August. Given I had a trip planned in the car for 3 days from 31 July I am seriously pissed off. I asked for a loaner and they are giving one today so PCW are doing the right thing but Porsche AG seem to have lost the plot...... given the number boxes that have broken I would have thought that they would have built up adequate supply of replacement boxes on the shelf.

I am seriously now considering cancelling my GT3 order. I'll see when I settle down a bit. I could now get a used low km Huracan for the about the same cost and drop the supercharger kit off my Gallardo onto it and have an +800bhp beast which is sort appealing.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 PM
O5C4R
Racer

that sux Warwick, I gotta say the prices they want for GT3's and RS's have made me think seriously about other brands like Lambo or McLaren for a track car. Also we should be able to bring new cars in from Japan and UK pretty soon
Old 07-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Charliekay
Racer

That sucks mate. Hopefully it doesn't take any longer than that.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
that sux Warwick, I gotta say the prices they want for GT3's and RS's have made me think seriously about other brands like Lambo or McLaren for a track car. Also we should be able to bring new cars in from Japan and UK pretty soon
If you are happy with a dual clutch (which I am not), then it would be hard to look past the performante. Looks, performance, and sound. Hard combo to beat.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:46 AM
O5C4R
Racer

I'd kill for one (if you want someone knocked off lol), but a local priced performante is out of my league, i wanna see what we can bring them in for when the laws change
Old 07-21-2017, 12:56 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
If you are happy with a dual clutch (which I am not), then it would be hard to look past the performante. Looks, performance, and sound. Hard combo to beat.

the perfromante is a $650k car on the road.

i would say bargain wise you are best to shop @ a Mclaren dealer, new off the floor 570s for a bit over $350k.

or the 720s @ $550k driveaway (discounted from $590k with options)

I am paying nearly $400k for a PTS GT3, but i want a NA, and the Porsche warranty. Otherwise would have been all over a 570s
Old 07-21-2017, 01:07 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Originally Posted by .dee

i would say bargain wise you are best to shop @ a Mclaren dealer, new off the floor 570s for a bit over $350k.

I am paying nearly $400k for a PTS GT3, but i want a NA, and the Porsche warranty. Otherwise would have been all over a 570s

my last track day when the box went pop there was a 12C there driven by a guy who didn't have a clue what an apex was and he was running rings around me - i don't know a lot about their durability but holy **** they are fast and tempting
Old 07-21-2017, 01:30 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
my last track day when the box went pop there was a 12C there driven by a guy who didn't have a clue what an apex was and he was running rings around me - i don't know a lot about their durability but holy **** they are fast and tempting
Originally Posted by .dee

The issue with the 720s is of the performance, looks, and sound trifecta, you only get performance...

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s