Sponsored by: APR

Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:29 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks amazing.

Quick question, did you get the side scoops wrapped as well? I don't see how they can be done neatly with recessed GT4 lettering. Then again given the design of the scoop, I only expect the leading edge and the inner part of it to bear the brunt of any rocks thrown back.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:37 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Looks amazing.

Quick question, did you get the side scoops wrapped as well? I don't see how they can be done neatly with recessed GT4 lettering. Then again given the design of the scoop, I only expect the leading edge and the inner part of it to bear the brunt of any rocks thrown back.

XPEL has templates for this car now. If you order the sideskirts it includes the cutout for the side scoops. That piece covers the entire outer surface of the intake, wraps around the edge and goes inside for around 1cm. There is a cutout in the template for the GT4 inset text. once installed you can't see the edge but you can feel it. I expected it to be more visible but looks great.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by NOPDK
XPEL has templates for this car now. If you order the sideskirts it includes the cutout for the side scoops. That piece covers the entire outer surface of the intake, wraps around the edge and goes inside for around 1cm. There is a cutout in the template for the GT4 inset text. once installed you can't see the edge but you can feel it. I expected it to be more visible but looks great.
Are all the templates, wrap around templates, or just the side scoops ?
I don't want any edges to show TIA
Regards
Ed
Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Are all the templates, wrap around templates, or just the side scoops ?
I don't want any edges to show TIA
Regards
Ed

all panels have wrapped edges and I can't tell there is clearbra on the car.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

all panels have wrapped edges and I can't tell there is clearbra on the car.
Wow thanks
Old 08-05-2015, 06:24 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finding the right installer is key. Seek referrals near you and plan to travel as far as it takes. Don't decide based on price alone! A bad wrap will haunt you forever and a good one you'll forget it's even on the car. Like NOPDK says, xpel has the template out for the gt4 so there's nothing to worry about. My Xpel is 3 yrs old now and a no-brainer that I'm doing this for my gt4 as soon as it arrives.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:49 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Took car to track tonight. As car is still in break in I kept RPM's below 5k and drove 7/10's so my impressions need to be tempered by this. Relative to 991S. Car has tons of mechanical grip. Sport cup 2's make comparison unfair but the grip is great. The PCCB's have great feel. Strong initial bite, good feel, easy to modulate. Felt good. Definitely better than my 991s with stock brakes/rotors and Pagid RS29 pads. The car does NOT feel anywhere near as explosive and powerful as the 991 GT3. That car rips through gears and feels like a rocket when it accelerates. The GT4 feels quick but not close to GT3. I am hopeful that once I can go to redline in the car the gear spacing will let me keep to strong part of engine band. Engine pulls reasonably to 5K but that's it. It feels like it is just starting to get to sweet spot at 5 K so I am hopeful that the part of the rev band I'm not exploring is where it really starts to pull. With the long gearing when you upshift at 5k the RPM's drop around 2k so suddenly you are at 3K rpm and not pulling that hard. Hopefully, when you shift at 7800 you will drop to 5800 and still be in sweet part of power band and pulling hard. Time will tell but from my initial track trial this chassis and brake set up feels like it could easily handle much more engine and be perfectly happy. I hope somebody comes up with some simple air intake solution that adds some power.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you tracking your car mid-week? (I'm assuming PBIR?)
Old 08-06-2015, 08:47 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bonzai30
Where are you tracking your car mid-week? (I'm assuming PBIR?)
Yep. Do you go there?
Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Took car to track tonight. As car is still in break in I kept RPM's below 5k and drove 7/10's so my impressions need to be tempered by this. Relative to 991S. Car has tons of mechanical grip. Sport cup 2's make comparison unfair but the grip is great. The PCCB's have great feel. Strong initial bite, good feel, easy to modulate. Felt good. Definitely better than my 991s with stock brakes/rotors and Pagid RS29 pads. The car does NOT feel anywhere near as explosive and powerful as the 991 GT3. That car rips through gears and feels like a rocket when it accelerates. The GT4 feels quick but not close to GT3. I am hopeful that once I can go to redline in the car the gear spacing will let me keep to strong part of engine band. Engine pulls reasonably to 5K but that's it. It feels like it is just starting to get to sweet spot at 5 K so I am hopeful that the part of the rev band I'm not exploring is where it really starts to pull. With the long gearing when you upshift at 5k the RPM's drop around 2k so suddenly you are at 3K rpm and not pulling that hard. Hopefully, when you shift at 7800 you will drop to 5800 and still be in sweet part of power band and pulling hard. Time will tell but from my initial track trial this chassis and brake set up feels like it could easily handle much more engine and be perfectly happy. I hope somebody comes up with some simple air intake solution that adds some power.
I don't know how fair your analysis would be on this call driving at 7/10's, when all the reviews that I've read, state that the car comes alive from 7 to 10. i'm not doubting your analysis, you have the car I don't, just want to mention that 😉
Best regards
Ed
Old 08-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Do you go there?
Not yet, but I hear good things about Performance Driving Group and know they go to PBIR fairly regularly so I'm sure I'll check it out sometime soon. My Sapphire Blue GT4 arrives in November, so, if you see a Sapphire Blue GT4 at PBIR, there's a good chance it's me.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:01 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Default GT3 Vs 4

Some side by sides with my friends car for comparison.

Porsche did such a great job with the styling on the GT4. Personally I prefer the lines of the GT4 over the GT3. They really got it right. The owner of a well known Porsche race shop runs cup cars at the Wednesday night track sessions I go to. He has 1st 991 RS sitting in his shop for customer. Mine was first GT4 he has seen and he spent some time going over it. He seemed really impressed with how it looks. He is debating 4 of the GT4 cup cars they are releasing and he seemed to like what he saw. I'm looking forward to running next to the GT4 cup cars once they come out. Perhaps there will be some trick parts that are interchangeable.

Ignore my plate, it's from my old car. Waiting for replacement "PDKNO"
Attached Images     
Old 08-07-2015, 04:06 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

GT4 looks so much more smaller and fun to throw around
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I must say your friend has great taste in colors.
Would this happen to be your friend?
Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick1
I must say your friend has great taste in colors.
Would this happen to be your friend?
GT3 Detailing Process Video 1 of 6 - YouTube

Different car

Quick Reply: Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.