Sponsored by: APR

Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:33 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car hit dealer. carmine red

delivery on Monday after my work. can't wait. The carmine almost looks like guards in some lights and is much darker in other shots. The yellow stitching is insane.

Will be doing clearbra and the motorsport side and hood/roof/wing stripes next weekend

This is first GT4 delivery to champion. Two white cars and my carmine. one of the white are has LWB seats.
Attached Images        
Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats! U gunna do tint? Post some more of delivery...
Old 07-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Very nice! Is the front spoiler lip painted body color? Most all are black aren't they?
Old 07-26-2015, 10:03 AM
Mc21
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
Very nice! Is the front spoiler lip painted body color? Most all are black aren't they?
The front lip has yet to be put on...
Beautiful car! Congrats.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations. At least one of us was able to get a car from Champion! I placed an early February deposit at Champion and came to realize I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting an allocation. I was eventually able to place an order through another dealer, and my sapphire blue GT4 is scheduled to arrive in November. I live down in Weston so I may see you around.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Originally Posted by Mc21
The front lip has yet to be put on...
Beautiful car! Congrats.
Well duh! Looks like I have more to learn about modern Porsches.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:49 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just at Champion to see these cars in the metal and all I can say is that Carmine is simply stunning. Yellow stitches and PCCBs makes this one truly special! The steering column in leather is BOSS!

They all had shipping wrap on everything so I couldn't see the LWBs on one of the white ones. The wing is bigger than I thought it would be! The uprights bother me, the plasticky mounts and too light silvery color make them look flimsy IMO. Black is better but the mounts look very 'first gen' if that makes any sense. Overall, amazing tho. Can't wait till October for mine
Old 07-26-2015, 05:45 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by number 9
I was just at Champion to see these cars in the metal and all I can say is that Carmine is simply stunning. Yellow stitches and PCCBs makes this one truly special! The steering column in leather is BOSS!

They all had shipping wrap on everything so I couldn't see the LWBs on one of the white ones. The wing is bigger than I thought it would be! The uprights bother me, the plasticky mounts and too light silvery color make them look flimsy IMO. Black is better but the mounts look very 'first gen' if that makes any sense. Overall, amazing tho. Can't wait till October for mine

thanks. can't wait to see it myself tomorrow
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NOPDK
delivery on Monday after my work. can't wait. The carmine almost looks like guards in some lights and is much darker in other shots. The yellow stitching is insane...
Wow, that yellow does pop nicely.

I had yellow belts and gauges on my CS to match my PCCB. I would have loved to get yellow stitching on the gt4, but didn't want the clash with the 'regular' big reds.

Congrats on delivery!

Originally Posted by number 9
...The uprights bother me, the plasticky mounts and too light silvery color make them look flimsy IMO. Black is better but the mounts look very 'first gen' if that makes any sense...
Damn, theres another one not satisfied with the uprights. I really need to see these in person.

number 9, keep tabs with my thread here: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8845...-interest.html as I will be working on a solution.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a beautiful deep red, and the yellow stitching really stands out and rocks.
I'm not familiar with Carmine red, is it solid or metallic?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Your license plate should be "DRACULA"
Old 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I stopped by Champion this morning to check out the GT4s, and saw your car getting prepped. It looks amazing. I took a picture on my phone but the lighting was wrong and doesn't do it justice.

I also took a quick look at the two white GT4s as well, and, although it's a matter of personal preference, I liked the Carmine Red a lot better. I think the Motorsports cars deserve cool colors. I'm very jealous...Enjoy picking it up later today!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:31 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Carmine is non-metallic. pictures don't do the color justice. also saw the color on a Cayenne or Panamera and it was just ok. Saw on cayman and boxter and was stunning. there is not one paint to sample color I'd prefer over carmine.

pick up car in 5 hours. just trying to get through my day...
Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by user1029
Your license plate should be "DRACULA"
Plate will be "PDKNO". I already have "NOPDK" on my 73 911 hotrod.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bonzai30
I stopped by Champion this morning to check out the GT4s, and saw your car getting prepped. It looks amazing. I took a picture on my phone but the lighting was wrong and doesn't do it justice.

I also took a quick look at the two white GT4s as well, and, although it's a matter of personal preference, I liked the Carmine Red a lot better. I think the Motorsports cars deserve cool colors. I'm very jealous...Enjoy picking it up later today!

Thanks. There seems to be a growing list of people seeing my car before me.

Quick Reply: Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.