Sponsored by: APR

Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 04:45 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.

Hoping for fast delivery to dealer. Carmine red, black rims, yellow stitch full leather, PCCB, no LWB courtesy of porsche misplanning. Will be doing the Motorsport side and hood/roof stripes.

Any thoughts on timing from port to florida dealer? I have heard rumblings of a campaign involving the exhaust system. Anybody know something firm?
Old 07-16-2015, 08:12 AM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, my car is due to 'enter' port of Brunswick on 10/16 and 'exit' on 10/23 at which time I'd expect it to be headed south. If on a car carrier then it shouldn't take longer than a day or two depending how many stops on the way but I'll be curious to know how long your cars journey took as compared to the planned/ expected dates originally forecasted for your build. Did your SA give you dates when your order locked?

How far south are you? I would be over the moon to visit your dealership to see your car in person when it arrives!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

My Cayman GTS took 10 days from ship arrival to truck arrival at the dealer last year. It arrived to the dealer in a specialty covered car hauler. From all I've read, the Brunswick facility is an amazing place - like a well oiled German car delivering machine!

Good luck for no external delays! Pics please!!!

Originally Posted by NOPDK
Hoping for fast delivery to dealer. Carmine red, black rims, yellow stitch full leather, PCCB, no LWB courtesy of porsche misplanning. Will be doing the Motorsport side and hood/roof stripes.

Any thoughts on timing from port to florida dealer? I have heard rumblings of a campaign involving the exhaust system. Anybody know something firm?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Jonas007
Instructor

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
My Cayman GTS took 10 days from ship arrival to truck arrival at the dealer last year. It arrived to the dealer in a specialty covered car hauler. From all I've read, the Brunswick facility is an amazing place - like a well oiled German car delivering machine!

Good luck for no external delays! Pics please!!!
If you've been following the other thread about late deliveries, it's far from a well oiled machine right now. The Halifax port is back logged with hundreds of cars.

Mine, and a few other members GT4's arrived at port on July 4th and still haven't left. I would say sitting on the ground for 12 days (and counting) is not good.

They will eventually clear the backlog that started at the end of March due to ice conditions in the waters approaching there, but things aren't looking good right now.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:20 PM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by number 9
FWIW, my car is due to 'enter' port of Brunswick on 10/16 and 'exit' on 10/23 at which time I'd expect it to be headed south. If on a car carrier then it shouldn't take longer than a day or two depending how many stops on the way but I'll be curious to know how long your cars journey took as compared to the planned/ expected dates originally forecasted for your build. Did your SA give you dates when your order locked?

How far south are you? I would be over the moon to visit your dealership to see your car in person when it arrives!

Car is a few weeks ahead of schedule thus far. Hoping to take delivery next Friday. I would think it will make it to dealer by then, I hope. I'm in PB gardens/jupiter area.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:11 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carmine red, black wheels, and yellow bits! Can't wait to see that!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas007
The Halifax port is back logged with hundreds of cars.

Mine, and a few other members GT4's arrived at port on July 4th and still haven't left. .
The boat arrived in Halifax on June 29th...

As of this morning mine hasn't moved
Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 72 Posts

Post lot of pics. Not many pics of carmine red GT4 out there. I love the color, and I am getting it, even over possible PTS.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:38 PM
number 9
Racer

Originally Posted by Tass
The boat arrived in Halifax on June 29th...

As of this morning mine hasn't moved

OP is asking about Port of Brunswick, not Halifax. Is Brunswick also having issues?
Old 07-16-2015, 06:40 PM
number 9
Racer

Car is a few weeks ahead of schedule thus far. Hoping to take delivery next Friday. I would think it will make it to dealer by then, I hope. I'm in PB gardens/jupiter area.
PM sent!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by number 9
OP is asking about Port of Brunswick, not Halifax. Is Brunswick also having issues?
I was responding to Jonas007, not the OP
Old 07-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Jonas007
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tass
I was responding to Jonas007, not the OP
Sorry I thought it was the same thing since the Halifax port is in New Brunswick. If there's another Brunswick port then it's news to me.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas007
Sorry I thought it was the same thing since the Halifax port is in New Brunswick. If there's another Brunswick port then it's news to me.
Brunswick, GA, USA - Pretty popular inbound vehicle port on the east coast.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is the dealer putting the Motorsport stripes on for you?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:53 AM
NOPDK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ajjra
Is the dealer putting the Motorsport stripes on for you?
Will have clear bra installer do to over the clear bra

Quick Reply: Gt4 arrived to Brunswick today.