Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by mgerber
Did you keep toe settings close to stock?

Looking forward to reading about how it feels and performs.

Thanks again for sharing!
Back from nur, great week. My gt4 is close to stock in toe, slightly More toe in rear. Front same toe as Factory.

Here is my sheet of setup. Car is still stock as I did not go to extrem in camber. Did an easy 7.30 bridge to gantry lap when on my new mpsc2, not intill then the car started to work pretty well in front grip. So I now got Max it can do in terms of stock and thats -2,16 front and -1.6 rear. New cup tire on that and then its pretty decent. Still if do 2 laps in a row, well its geting worse then heating up tire, at this speed anyway. To pull of several laps in a row in 7.30 btg tempo I need -3 front and -2.5 rear. But hey, I cool with the car now, god compromise and still stock, hence all warenty For sure valid.

To bad I got only 2 laps in on the new tire, then major crash, a 991 gt3 go of in kesselchen and the trackday was closed and not open again. This happen ap. Before 16:00 houers, so last houer was cut from tracday. At that time I just Done 2 laps in 30 and 32 tempo. Would been sub 7.30 btg if put in More laps, as I was in speedlimits on 3 part on track to not get in an issue where they ban me of track if over speedlimits. Still I would have a go full speed one lap If track did not close. Bummer, still all god a top week

Last edited by Nur93; 09-29-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update. Do you notice an improvement in the understeer with the new alignment? How much understeer is left with the max stock alignment?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:28 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 236 Posts

Nur93, you are so humble about that incredibly fast lap time at Nurburgring. So let me say it loud for you! 7:30 Bridge to Gantry is so incredibly fast in a stock GT4! Man, that is truly awesome!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 05:43 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Nur93, you are so humble about that incredibly fast lap time at Nurburgring. So let me say it loud for you! 7:30 Bridge to Gantry is so incredibly fast in a stock GT4! Man, that is truly awesome!!!
Agreed, that's crazy fast! Any video?

Forgive me for this question but is there any difference in lap times manufactures put out there VS "bridge to gantry" time you're talking about? Seems 7:30 is much faster than guess of 7:40 by Porsche. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgive me for this question but is there any difference in lap times manufactures put out there VS "bridge to gantry" time you're talking about? Seems 7:30 is much faster than guess of 7:40 by Porsche. Thanks."

Bridge to Gantry times are around 20 seconds faster than the full lap times you're comparing, in this case the 7:40. That having been said, Nur93's times are with traffic, which can slow down a car a lot, while the test times are without traffic. With traffic a 7:30 BTG time is wicked fast...it's even wicked fast without traffic.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Back from nur, great week. My gt4 is close to stock in toe, slightly More toe in rear. Front same toe as Factory.

Here is my sheet of setup. Car is still stock as I did not go to extrem in camber. Did an easy 7.30 bridge to gantry lap when on my new mpsc2, not intill then the car started to work pretty well in front grip. So I now got Max it can do in terms of stock and thats -2,16 front and -1.6 rear. New cup tire on that and then its pretty decent. Still if do 2 laps in a row, well its geting worse then healing up tire, at this speed anyway. To pull of several laps in a row in 7.30 btg tempo I need -3 front and -2.5 rear. But hey, I cool with the car now, god compromise and still stock, hence all warenty For sure valid.

To bad I got only 2 laps in on the new tire, then major crash, a 991 gt3 go of in kesselchen and the trackday was closed and not open again. This happen ap. Before 16:00 houers, so last houer was cut from tracday. At that time I just Done 2 laps in 30 and 32 tempo. Would been sub 7.30 btg if put in More laps, as I was in speedlimits on 3 part on track to not get in an issue where they ban me of track if over speedlimits. Still I would have a go full speed one lap If track did not close. Bummer, still all god a top week
Thanks! Appreciate you sharing the setup info.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonzai30
Bridge to Gantry times are around 20 seconds faster than the full lap times you're comparing, in this case the 7:40. That having been said, Nur93's times are with traffic, which can slow down a car a lot, while the test times are without traffic. With traffic a 7:30 BTG time is wicked fast...it's even wicked fast without traffic.
Is the Porsche 7:40 time speed limited/restricted in certain areas of the Ring like Nur93 mentions he is?
Old 09-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you saw the black GT4 prototype... what did they replace to get all the negative camber?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Thanks, I try to explain. A Porsche factory lap is 7.40 in the gt4, Timo kluck development driver. They drive full lap except ap170m at t13 section. Same as sport auto lap. To Convert that to a bridge to gantry lap its easy.

Take out 25 second wich is the time it take a gt4 to drive gantry to bridge, as we dont drive this then ad ap. 5 seconds For t13 section that we drive but not Porsche and sport auto. Result= a 7.40 Porsche lap is ap. 7.20 btg lap. Sport auto did ap 7.43 in gt4, wich make in to a 7.23 bridge to gantry lap.

Mind you sport autos car was ap. 50kg lighter than My car, same on Porsches car I guess as they would be stupid to set the lap time in a porker gt4 like mine as its 50kg more heavy then at least sport autos! Got a raclogics vbox video With 2 camera. Had no traffic in that lap!

Originally Posted by mm1
Agreed, that's crazy fast! Any video?

Forgive me for this question but is there any difference in lap times manufactures put out there VS "bridge to gantry" time you're talking about? Seems 7:30 is much faster than guess of 7:40 by Porsche. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Thanks matt, thing is there was a Big crash at trackday, track was closed to early due to that. Had only 2 laps on My new tire, then track closed. If not I accually pretty easy been sub 30 lap. So still happy, but also Rather crap as it was so easy to do the 30lap. Had not accually started pushing due to spedlimits.

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Old 09-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

No, Porsche and sport auto had not speed limit at the time they lap gt4.

991gt3 Rs had speedlimit on sport auto test. Delta is ap. 4 seconds slower on that car due to limit.
Originally Posted by Jenner
Is the Porsche 7:40 time speed limited/restricted in certain areas of the Ring like Nur93 mentions he is?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That makes your time even more impressive!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Could some One please bed in the film, I can never manage to do it, sorry.

http://youtu.be/dvV6sz8s3ao

Here are 2 laps in a row. See second lap on döttinger long straight I am off the gas pedal due to flagg guard is flaggning yellow flag at me. He is to the left of me flaggning hard as I am going upphill close to pit exit. A car is entering track, hence flagg man warn, as Well he remind me of speedlimit, damn. No speed limit and no cars here I am at 260+ gps km/ h in gt4 down under bridge. That way you cut ap. 1.5 seconds from the btg lap flying down here, but thats a no show this day! As Well first lap when I accelerating from pit I lose 1.5 sec vs full flyer top speed under bridge on btg start! These 2 laps was all I got from when I did put on brand new tires:-(.

Track close after this! I am low in speeds in flugplatz and swedenX vs what I did last time. Anyway, car is way better on camber now at -2.16 front and -1.6 on new mpsc2.

Last run in maj granturismo event when I was on crap factorysetting camber -1.5 all wheels, it did sound horrible of understċr then. This run not so much. Much better and car is still stock.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:23 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Just take everything after the last slash ie. dvV6sz8s3ao and put it between YT tags using the YouTube icon in the edit window.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:58 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Could some One please bed in the film, I can never manage to do it, sorry. http://youtu.be/dvV6sz8s3ao Here are 2 laps in a row. See second lap on döttinger long straight I am off the gas pedal due to flagg guard is flaggning yellow flag at me. He is to the left of me flaggning hard as I am going upphill close to pit exit. A car is entering track, hence flagg man warn, as Well he remind me of speedlimit, damn. No speed limit and no cars here I am at 260+ gps km/ h in gt4 down under bridge. That way you cut ap. 1.5 seconds from the btg lap flying down here, but thats a no show this day! As Well first lap when I accelerating from pit I lose 1.5 sec vs full flyer top speed under bridge on btg start! These 2 laps was all I got from when I did put on brand new tires:-(. Track close after this! I am low in speeds in flugplatz and swedenX vs what I did last time. Anyway, car is way better on camber now at -2.16 front and -1.6 on new mpsc2. Last run in maj granturismo event when I was on crap factorysetting camber -1.5 all wheels, it did sound horrible of understċr then. This run not so much. Much better and car is still stock.
Wow! That's some serious driving and huge cojones! Well done!
I have made a promise in the past : since I don't care much about the Ring time when purchasing a car(because it has become such a marketing tool),but a lot of other people do,I have said that if a regular driver and buyer of this car does 7 50 at the Ring I will buy them dinner. I know you're not a regular driver,but if you're ever across the Ocean on the East Coast,dinner and drinks are on me.

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.