Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 02:33 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

They claim no room for a lift kit - fingers crossed some third party would engineer one ...
Old 07-29-2015, 10:37 AM
taylord
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
They claim no room for a lift kit - fingers crossed some third party would engineer one ...
I sure hope so cause I use the lift often with the GT3 for the driveway and around town!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

delete..

Last edited by Nur93; 07-30-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Often when on track its not always easy to know wich gear really is the fastest. Often one feel it, but as well its just a feeling. Logg will tell, and Porsche track app do tell instant in a easy way. I might show a few pics of it.

Track is 3.2km short and I compare 2 laps that are more or less the same in time. 1.30,98 vs 1.31.10. When i run these laps vs each other in the app it give you speed with timedifference and when I play one or the other lap in the app the 2 cartoon pridictive cars move back and forth showing where i lose/gain time / meters. As well timing while runing swich from green to red to show where I lose vs gain time. Green is -meters and and red is +meter.

I might add that I did try different gears in these 2 laps just to see the result but Drove same line. But you can easy adjust your raceline from one lap to next to see if or where you gain/lose time as well. The slower lap is all ESC OFF, wich was interesting, data will show it 100 % off. The faster lap is ESC ON, so even I trigger it ap 6 times I am still faster with It on. Very god system and It will be cool to check Nurburgring next time driving all ESC OFF to see if last impression from nur is valid. At the time I feelt It did slow me down, but then again that first time I never drove all ESC OFF to compare. Car is still stock factory setting in camber/toe etc, hence its understeering to much and Its not to my liking. But wanted to try fast nur and slow gotland before I do a real setup. Then I know the difference For sure!

First pic is the data trace (speed with timedifference) and see the 2 play icons, there I press one or the other lap to easy see where I gain/lose time, it will also show what gears I am using, and we could easy see wich gear works best. Marker Is at 0 wich Is start/finish line in the begining of longest straight on the track.

Last edited by Nur93; 08-01-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

this is lap layout( might mention I am on pirellis even in app I say cup2 tires, did not change as I forgot It)

As Well here you see where I put My start/finish line as this track was not default in the app. All others having Porsche track app that want to use My start/finish line at Gotland ring I can easy email it from app to those, then you dont need to set it your selfe as it take a few laps to set it up. As Well then we can compare 100% as we use same start/finish line

Last edited by Nur93; 07-30-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Now I reach vmax In long straight and what happens from here in to the first righthander Is nice info. Keep track of wich lap pic is from wich lap, see in pic etap1/1 or etap 1 wich is the fastest lap. Etap 3/5 or etap 3 is slowest lap.

Etapp 3/5 slowest lap
Old 07-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

383m from start/finish point I am now entering first righthander after long straight. Timedifferens is now 0.00 seconds between the 2 laps. I put in pics from track from exact same place so you see gear and speeds. Futher on in this bend see time difference.

Etapp 1/1 the overall faster lap, but 2gear is not best choose here downwards righthander wich next pic from the overall slower lap Will show. Please note My gear and gps speed here and compare vs nex pic wich is from exakt the same spot as this pic. As Well same spot as data trace above

Etapp 3/5 this is data from overall slover lap, but what I learn from this session is to drive this section in to bend downwards in 3 gear insteed of 2 gear as i do above pic in the overal faster lap. See My gps speeds and gear in this overal slower lap. Hence we have a winner here. Meanwhile the other guys stay in pit guessing wich gear to drive the app tell me the facts👍

What I also learn instant is to keep car in 3 uphill in to next section Will lose time at that section but win Time futher on to next straight. Its a give and take. I might put that pic up as Well. Sure we can put in braking, thats what really separate drivers from drivers. Futher on you Will see the timediffer change around the track. In the end its only 0.12second differens but under way it way Moore at Times hence I very quickly learn wich gear not to drive, I learn this at track instant just open app. Raclogics SD CARD Will never do that.

Last edited by Nur93; 07-31-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:16 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

You also see in above pic I stil is under braking, wich mean braking way in to apex, Rolling With as much speed I can. Next pic Will also show how My brake pressure is harder in here in the overal slower lap when i drive the more optimum 3gear.

Still data from exakt same place 383m in to track. I keep 18 bar brake pressure here long in to righthander apex in the slower lap in 3 gear. I would say I do this section better in the slover lap then i do the faster lap.

Same place showing My slower lap was 100% ESC OFF and faster ON. Av is off in swe, På is on. During the lap the dark green line wich is ESC ON Will trigger on and off, the light green line wich show OFF Will stay straight and show no peek as its OFF

Complete lap showing how i trigger ESC on the faster lap and fully 100% ESC off in slower lap. Still car suffer from understeer. All downwards yellow peak is undrtsteer. And its not abuse understeer, that much car i know how to drive. Car Will be great when set up For real

Last edited by Nur93; 08-01-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

This might work, and give some other video from driver involvment aswell. Will try...

Might move it more to the left?
Old 07-31-2015, 05:44 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

how do you start recording when your phone is back there? chinese fire drill?
Old 07-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bigkraig
how do you start recording when your phone is back there? chinese fire drill?
That might do it, :-). Thing is on Porsche app you need to press start on iPhone display and then you got 2min to reach starting point. If you make it With in the 2min app Will roll the film and record automatically when car cross start line. If you fail it Will not record, hence you need to press start again. Agree its more easy when phone is in front of you to keep track of these thing as you then also see phone display. But in order to make a more nice film With driver involvment I need to work it fast:-). Anyway I just press app start from rear boot, close it jump in and buckle up. I might just skip the 6 point, or do it fast👍 Biggest problem is to get the sucktion holder to stay put to rear glas. Front is no problems, its stuck hard there. But due to rear glas is more flat it dont stick so solid. But if you get an other iPhone holder that can attach to rear roll cage its very god! Give it a try to morgen👍
Old 07-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Now we see the second gear is better fitt uphill from this tracks first righthander, I am just going out of this first corner now and as you see 2 is now better wich i drive in etapp 1 the fastest lap. But in to this corner 2 was not so god. See data graf how the bright yellow datatrace line is way above the beige line wich is from etapp 3/5 slower lap. See speeds.

2 gear push car to higher speeds up here.

Etap 3/5 slower lap. 3 seems wrong up here, reach higher speeds in 2 gear up this smal hill. So to get the best lap overal I need to mix it up and take bits and bobs from these to laps to get the fastest lap then. More or less what the logg does For you when it estimate your best time based on driven laps.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

And now its changing again, the slower lap etapp 3/5 now show the beige line is way higher than the faster laps bright yellow line. Mening 3 is catching up on to this straight. Remember I been in 3 gear from turning in to first righthander and still in 3 in this slower lap etapp 3/5. In etapp 1/1 the faster lap i am also turning in to first righthander but in 2 gear going up and coming out on this straight you see now i need to change to 3 gear.

719m is here, very short straight.

Last edited by Nur93; 07-31-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Speed, rpm, gears. Fastest lap etap 1 running out of second gear here at 603m coming on to the short straight and need to change to 3. See darkgreen gear line in datatrace. Slower lap etap 3 i am still in third gear no need to change, see light green gear line its With no interuption.

Last edited by Nur93; 08-01-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,661 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
This might work, and give some other video from driver involvment aswell. Will try...

Might move it more to the left?
Try to get it a bit more forward to you see a little more out the window.
I've been playing with Harry's lap timer for my European Delivery testing in my 964 car, but I was too high to look under the mirror and see more of arms and legs. I will buy a clamp to attach it to the passenger seat belt holes.
Or to the rear window (Further away in 991, so with an extender to get it between the seats) and zip tie the holder to the seat so it doesn't move as much
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.