Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Nur93 - not sure if you saw it, but I shot you a PM.

I know neanicu offered dinner for being wrong, but I have a different offer:

I'm doing European Delivery in 2 weeks, so if you're going to be around the Nordschliefe on October 18th, I will gladly pay for your laps if you'd let me sit shotgun! Don't worry about the weight penalty, I only weigh about 155.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:40 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Nur93 - not sure if you saw it, but I shot you a PM. I know neanicu offered dinner for being wrong, but I have a different offer: I'm doing European Delivery in 2 weeks, so if you're going to be around the Nordschliefe on October 18th, I will gladly pay for your laps if you'd let me sit shotgun! Don't worry about the weight penalty, I only weigh about 155.

I hope he agrees. That would be awesome!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm doing European Delivery in 2 weeks, so if you're going to be around the Nordschliefe on October 18th, I will gladly pay for your laps if you'd let me sit shotgun! Don't worry about the weight penalty, I only weigh about 155.
Originally Posted by neanicu

I hope he agrees. That would be awesome!
I would go with double protection
Barf bag and depends......
Old 10-03-2015, 04:45 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
Thanks so much. People like you make this place a great wealth of important info!!
Thanks,
Old 10-03-2015, 04:57 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bonzai30
Beyond the new camber settings for your car, do you know the other alignment settings, In particular, you mentioned your car was scary at high speed and neutral sway bar settings seemed to help. I'm curious about the toe setting since that can have an impact. Would you happen to know your toe settings?

Also, thanks again for taking the time to post all of this very valuable information. My car is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment, so it's finally almost here as long as the ship avoids the hurricane. Based on your feedback, I think I'll take it in for an aggressive street alignment to start and drive it for a while to see how it goes. A bit of understeer for a relative novice driver like me is healthy, but I don't want it to push like crazy, and I don't want to be killing my front tires.
Hi! My toe is stock front, manthey are all god on that and me to. Rear is slightly More toe in. Just tiny. About the nervous issue in front, well I am not 100% but it did feel from the first time I put swaybar to softest front as the steering input got slightly different? Kind Of like the steering wheel did kick back More, like moving More over areas that are very fast and bumpy at nur. And this feeling did show slightly More after setup when car was slightly lowerd and setup god. Hence I did put swaybar back to neutral as I am on slightly More camber front now. I then feel More safe in that loose, kind of kicking/wandering steering wheel. Others might know better if this acually effekt steering input/feeling but I was what I feelt. Was More relaxed when pulling big speeds over bumpy sections on Nur when back to neutral swaybar after setup.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Hello, sorry did miss that. I am not at nur then, sorry. If i was I would be glad to Drive safe, stay of the brakes then you get up to speed Quick.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:46 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Hello, sorry did miss that. I am not at nur then, sorry. If i was I would be glad to Drive safe, stay of the brakes then you get up to speed Quick.
Ah damn.

My concern now is that it seems like a cold front is moving in as the weather report is showing a 15-20 degree temp drop from this week compared to next when I survive. This means I may have to go with the winter tires over the Cup2s.

I wasn't planning on pushing at all on the Ring with the Cup2s, but I'll have to be even more careful if on winter tires. Spa, on the other hand, I was planning on pushing...dangerous proposition on winter tires or?
Old 10-04-2015, 03:59 PM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Ah damn.

My concern now is that it seems like a cold front is moving in as the weather report is showing a 15-20 degree temp drop from this week compared to next when I survive. This means I may have to go with the winter tires over the Cup2s.

I wasn't planning on pushing at all on the Ring with the Cup2s, but I'll have to be even more careful if on winter tires. Spa, on the other hand, I was planning on pushing...dangerous proposition on winter tires or?
You should be extra careful if the track is wet. Due to the tyre residue, you even can spin at 60km/h if you are on the wrong section of the track. And there are micro climates there, hence might be wet in a particular section. Try to wtch RSR Nürburgring videos showing the common errors or how to track there safely.

To be honest i would actually rent a car instead if raining.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...tem=node__4099

Should you guys Trade your gt4 For this one?
Old 10-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ Did I see the word Turbo? The rear wing is not near big enough for me now after owning a GT4. I Am out!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...tem=node__4099

Should you guys Trade your gt4 For this one?
I prefer the old M3 GTS - although I dont know where they get their pricing strategies from for these GTS cars.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Now testing is Done on the manthey gt4 as I got this update and as it seems it now all god to reach -2.4 rear camber on oem suspension.
We figured out that we can go for more angle with Pirelli Trofeo R tires instead of Dunlop Sport Maxx Race as the width of them is not that big.

Camber / Toe Upgrade kit: 1660€
Max. 3°30’ front + 2° 40’ rear with OEM Suspension
Max 4° 10’ front + 2° 40’ rear with Manthey suspension
Installation: 218€

Manthey 3-way Competition suspension kit by KW: 5400€
Adjustable Competition top mount front / set: 460€
Adjustable Competition top mount rear / set: 460€
Installation: 654€

Wheel Alignment / Corner weight balance: 599€

Brake pads by Endless front + rear axle: 918€
steel flex braided brake hose set: 175€
Castrol SRF brake fluid: 115€
Installation: 190€

All prices net excl. VAT.

In addition to that we offer Manthey Lightweight wheels by BBS (- 10,3kg) and Pirelli Trofeo R tires which also increase the level of performance.
Further on, we are working on front splitter and rear wing as well as on lightweight seats at the moment.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Unzki
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now testing is Done on the manthey gt4 as I got this update and as it seems it now all god to reach -2.4 rear camber on oem suspension.
We figured out that we can go for more angle with Pirelli Trofeo R tires instead of Dunlop Sport Maxx Race as the width of them is not that big.

Camber / Toe Upgrade kit: 1660€
Max. 3°30’ front + 2° 40’ rear with OEM Suspension
Max 4° 10’ front + 2° 40’ rear with Manthey suspension
Installation: 218€

Manthey 3-way Competition suspension kit by KW: 5400€
Adjustable Competition top mount front / set: 460€
Adjustable Competition top mount rear / set: 460€
Installation: 654€

Wheel Alignment / Corner weight balance: 599€

Brake pads by Endless front + rear axle: 918€
steel flex braided brake hose set: 175€
Castrol SRF brake fluid: 115€
Installation: 190€

All prices net excl. VAT.

In addition to that we offer Manthey Lightweight wheels by BBS (- 10,3kg) and Pirelli Trofeo R tires which also increase the level of performance.
Further on, we are working on front splitter and rear wing as well as on lightweight seats at the moment.
Hello Nur93!

We met on the Ring last time, I'm the owner of the red GT4

Thank you for your very useful info on the GT4 chassis setup It was a nice chat as well and I'm looking forward to see you next time!

I managed to do 7:46 with a lot of traffic but I compared one overall slower lap (7:50) where I did not had traffic in the beginning of the track. Afted flugplatz and before schwedenkreuz I was within a second of your pace in the 7:30 lap. My car was 100% stock with worn out Dunlop Sport Maxx race tires.

Here I'm fast in the beginning (pretty much same pace like you) but the lap gets ruined because of the traffic.

http://unzki.1g.fi/kuvat/Cars/Porsch...4_7_50_BTG.MP4

Here is the 7:46 lap (had some GPS problems, timer did not stopped this time around..) Driving really slowly at the beginning and a bit faster in the end. Really looking forward to new set of tires (Trofeo R's) and some camber adjustment and most of all to be able to drive without traffic. This car is really awesome to drive, only couple of laps and you can drive these times with confidence and without pushing too hard

http://unzki.1g.fi/kuvat/Cars/Porsch...4_7_46_BTG.MP4

Cheers to all,

Unzki. aka. Mikko
Old 10-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Hi mikko
Nice to meet you guys as well and Kai. You seems to have god speed overall and traffic is always an issu in low power cars as gt4, etc. My first touristfharen laps i did 7.35,88 as best and could Not get lower due to cars as well and understeer issu. If I may say it seems your car is better set from Factory, I can't even here any issu of understeer? I am sure these cars could come better or worse from Factory.

Do you have any data? Like racelogics trace? If so you can Send it to me and I could look at it and see how much traffic is slowing you down.

I just look in to My trace and i could easy find 5 sek in My 7.30 lap if not on speedlimits and if I Made a fullspeed flyerlap to start time on btg. Delta is ap. 2 sek slower from btg start vs full flyerlap, so there you and me can cut 2 sek if on full flyerlap in 265 gps speed under bridge vs accelerating btg start at ap167 gps speed under start/bridge.

See this film
from My first outing in gt4, its real speeds and **** quality, but if you bother to look its intressting as its real gps speeds and its also a bit of traffic but not that bad. Its 7.38 btg. Here I am on factorysetting in camber ap. (-1.5 front/rear , you here it and its not pretty). Now. I got -2 front and -1.6 rear and much better.

I might buy bmw m4 gts, so might not drive gt4 any more, not sure yet...All the best, see you 👍
Old 10-18-2015, 07:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,661 Likes on 772 Posts

M4GTS?! What nonsense you speak of?
Stick GT4 on a boat to Florida.. much cheaper and more fun.

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.