Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Could some One please bed in the film, I can never manage to do it, sorry.

http://youtu.be/dvV6sz8s3ao

Here are 2 laps in a row. See second lap on döttinger long straight I am off the gas pedal due to flagg guard is flaggning yellow flag at me. He is to the left of me flaggning hard as I am going upphill close to pit exit. A car is entering track, hence flagg man warn, as Well he remind me of speedlimit, damn. No speed limit and no cars here I am at 260+ gps km/ h in gt4 down under bridge. That way you cut ap. 1.5 seconds from the btg lap flying down here, but thats a no show this day! As Well first lap when I accelerating from pit I lose 1.5 sec vs full flyer top speed under bridge on btg start! These 2 laps was all I got from when I did put on brand new tires:-(.

Track close after this! I am low in speeds in flugplatz and swedenX vs what I did last time. Anyway, car is way better on camber now at -2.16 front and -1.6 on new mpsc2.

Last run in maj granturismo event when I was on crap factorysetting camber -1.5 all wheels, it did sound horrible of understċr then. This run not so much. Much better and car is still stock.
You're a BOSS!
Great driving, Nur93
Old 09-29-2015, 07:11 PM
9001rpm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could some One please bed in the film, I can never manage to do it, sorry.

http://youtu.be/dvV6sz8s3ao

Here are 2 laps in a row. See second lap on döttinger long straight I am off the gas pedal due to flagg guard is flaggning yellow flag at me. He is to the left of me flaggning hard as I am going upphill close to pit exit. A car is entering track, hence flagg man warn, as Well he remind me of speedlimit, damn. No speed limit and no cars here I am at 260+ gps km/ h in gt4 down under bridge. That way you cut ap. 1.5 seconds from the btg lap flying down here, but thats a no show this day! As Well first lap when I accelerating from pit I lose 1.5 sec vs full flyer top speed under bridge on btg start! These 2 laps was all I got from when I did put on brand new tires:-(.

Track close after this! I am low in speeds in flugplatz and swedenX vs what I did last time. Anyway, car is way better on camber now at -2.16 front and -1.6 on new mpsc2.

Last run in maj granturismo event when I was on crap factorysetting camber -1.5 all wheels, it did sound horrible of understċr then. This run not so much. Much better and car is still stock.
Nice driving!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was there a noticeable improvement in the understeering with the new alignment that maxes out the negative camber with the stock parts?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

They use front arms of 991 gt3 Rs and a part from cup car. Rear they use toe Rod from a hybrid mix 996/997 cup car. As Well change suspension to kW 3 way race suspension and top mounts front and rear.

Originally Posted by Ochocoronas
When you saw the black GT4 prototype... what did they replace to get all the negative camber?

Rear, toe Rod hybrid 996/997 cup car. Please note Manthey Will not only mount this rear to get camber past -1.75 rear as it is potentally danger as an other part touch cars chassie. This they Will as of now only combine with a suspension swap to have also top mounts front/rear. Then its 100% safe! To only have toe Rod rear and run -2.5 rear Will not be safe!

991 gt3 Rs part fit right on. Its the part With 3 black plastic lines. As Well see part to the right of the chims, that part is from cup car. Its longer than stock cars. Front its no risk to get propper camber. This car is -3,2 front and -2.5 rear but thats With suspension swap to kW 3 ways race suspension. In spring time next year they Will have a package For less dollars.

It this bar the top One that get in to cars chassi if past -1.75 rear. As Manthey Will not do this as they see it a risk. At nur speeds and force/wear is high on car, at that track One Must not take risk. If this cracks wheel come of. I am sure soon they have an solution when suspension swap is not in need. But as of now One must swap suspension and ad top mounts to make it work With -2.5 rear. I let My car be stock.

Here is the risk, this bar touch cars chassi if more than -1.75 in rear. Its close as it is stock, this is My car.

This long bar go in to car and it is a risk at anything more than -1.75 rear.

Last edited by Nur93; 09-30-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Haha, great, thanks, might catch up on that one😄
Originally Posted by neanicu
Wow! That's some serious driving and huge cojones! Well done!
I have made a promise in the past : since I don't care much about the Ring time when purchasing a car(because it has become such a marketing tool),but a lot of other people do,I have said that if a regular driver and buyer of this car does 7 50 at the Ring I will buy them dinner. I know you're not a regular driver,but if you're ever across the Ocean on the East Coast,dinner and drinks are on me.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Thanks, it was a few great days. LOT of fun👍
Originally Posted by RealityGT
You're a BOSS!
Great driving, Nur93
Old 09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Yes, very much so, much better when on the new tire and the new setup. Last run I was on factorysetting ap. -1.5 front and rear. It was crap. Now car is weight in on half gastank and My 80kg. And now -2.16 front and rear -1.6. Car is so grippy in rear and front bite is way better as of now as I now use more of the tire when cornering.

Car was also slightly lowerd, only small amount. Car was accually a bit scary on the fast sections, not due to camber, it was only on very fast sections hence I got a bit scared.

Then I set sway bar back to neutral in front as I now got little more camber( was softest), then car was not nervous. So then after this I was confident and could push hard. Still if lappning 2 laps in a row at nur front tire Will get to hot due to pace/style of driving. So if I want to go several laps in this pace I need more camber front/rear. For 1 lap all god on nur. If I drive 8-8.30 btg lap I think now is ok. For short track I need also more camber.

thing
Originally Posted by Bonzai30
Was there a noticeable improvement in the understeering with the new alignment that maxes out the negative camber with the stock parts?

Right side outer edge ap 70 celsius

Inside same tire 47 celsius. At nur you get most pressure to cars right side. This was not instant after lap so temp was higher. Optimal is not more than ap. 10 celsius difference outer/inner.

Last edited by Nur93; 09-30-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Ochocoronas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They use front arms of 991 gt3 Rs and a part from cup car. Rear they use toe Rod from a hybrid mix 996/997 cup car. As Well change suspension to kW 3 way race suspension top mounts front and rear.

Rear, toe Rod hybrid 996/997 cup car. Please note Manthey Will not only mount this rear to get camber past -1.75 rear it is porentally danger as an other part touch cars chassie. This they Will only combine on as Well a suspension swap to have also top mounts front/rear. Then its 100% safe! To only have toe Rod rear and run -2.5 rear Will not be safe!

991 gt3 Rs part fit right on. Its the part With 3 black plastic lines. As Well see part to the left of the chims, that part is from cup car. Its longer than stock cars. Hence front its no risk to get propper camber. This car is -3,2 front and -2.5 rear but thats With suspension swap to kW 3 ways race suspension. In spring time next year they Will have a package For less dollars.
Thanks so much. People like you make this place a great wealth of important info!!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:32 AM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm sure Manthay has considered this but wouldn't those two parts in the rear be closer when the car is up on a lift and there is no load on the suspension? Said another way, when the car is on the ground on it's tires, I would think there would be more clearance between those two parts as the suspension loads up.

They use front arms of 991 gt3 Rs and a part from cup car. Rear they use toe Rod from a hybrid mix 996/997 cup car. As Well change suspension to kW 3 way race suspension and top mounts front and rear.

Rear, toe Rod hybrid 996/997 cup car. Please note Manthey Will not only mount this rear to get camber past -1.75 rear as it is potentally danger as an other part touch cars chassie. This they Will as of now only combine with a suspension swap to have also top mounts front/rear. Then its 100% safe! To only have toe Rod rear and run -2.5 rear Will not be safe!

991 gt3 Rs part fit right on. Its the part With 3 black plastic lines. As Well see part to the right of the chims, that part is from cup car. Its longer than stock cars. Front its no risk to get propper camber. This car is -3,2 front and -2.5 rear but thats With suspension swap to kW 3 ways race suspension. In spring time next year they Will have a package For less dollars.

It this bar the top One that get in to cars chassi if past -1.75 rear. As Manthey Will not do this as they see it a risk. At nur speeds and force/wear is high on car, at that track One Must not take risk. If this cracks wheel come of. I am sure soon they have an solution when suspension swap is not in need. But as of now One must swap suspension and ad top mounts to make it work With -2.5 rear. I let My car be stock.

Here is the risk, this bar touch cars chassi if more than -1.75 in rear. Its close as it is stock, this is My car.

This long bar go in to car and it is a risk at anything more than -1.75 rear.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

As you said, its Manthey Racing, and yes, they should know if any. Porsche owns 51% of Manthey, they have good support.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:14 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

All you guys running Porsche app in success, do not uppgrade to latest program 9.0 on your iPhone. I got problems on that. App was fine all along and I know you should never be among first to make those damn upgrades. Anyway I was In a dilemma as batteri capacity suck and that get way better if get latest programe. Now my batteri was great but gps signal did not hook up, hence it Will not work. At track I had not time to look in to it, and dont bother now as summer end here. This was my first experience of app make a no show! All god untill that iPhone programe 9.0 uppgrade.

New holder was fine. And I think this angle Will be great in Porsche app film

I got invited to VIP DTM by a friend, its Always a blast, god Food and sittning in BMW pit box during race is sweet.

This is by the way swedish stig Blomqvist (rally) son

After German DTM carrera cup was on, but that feels a bit lame to watch after you seen DTM, and very much hear DTM cars

By by dear old Nurburgring, see you soon again
Old 10-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Those damn speed limits on trackdays, nur is not what it was. Well next year they are gone.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Bonzai30
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beyond the new camber settings for your car, do you know the other alignment settings, In particular, you mentioned your car was scary at high speed and neutral sway bar settings seemed to help. I'm curious about the toe setting since that can have an impact. Would you happen to know your toe settings?

Also, thanks again for taking the time to post all of this very valuable information. My car is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment, so it's finally almost here as long as the ship avoids the hurricane. Based on your feedback, I think I'll take it in for an aggressive street alignment to start and drive it for a while to see how it goes. A bit of understeer for a relative novice driver like me is healthy, but I don't want it to push like crazy, and I don't want to be killing my front tires.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 145 Posts

^IIRC, he posted up a few pages back
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks, I try to explain. A Porsche factory lap is 7.40 in the gt4, Timo kluck development driver. They drive full lap except ap170m at t13 section. Same as sport auto lap. To Convert that to a bridge to gantry lap its easy.

Take out 25 second wich is the time it take a gt4 to drive gantry to bridge, as we dont drive this then ad ap. 5 seconds For t13 section that we drive but not Porsche and sport auto. Result= a 7.40 Porsche lap is ap. 7.20 btg lap. Sport auto did ap 7.43 in gt4, wich make in to a 7.23 bridge to gantry lap.

Mind you sport autos car was ap. 50kg lighter than My car, same on Porsches car I guess as they would be stupid to set the lap time in a porker gt4 like mine as its 50kg more heavy then at least sport autos! Got a raclogics vbox video With 2 camera. Had no traffic in that lap!

Nice driving! Almost pro status.

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.