Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, this is the factory schims on my car. I am not sure at what exact level of camber the stock toe bar is to short. But to go a bit more aggressive you need cup cars toe bar. Anyway thats was what Manthey racing told me when they had my car on lift to go thru the detail of what they accually do for my setup. If stock toe bar can handle -2.5 front camber I leve it stock. I need minimum -2.5 if I guess.

@ Manthey racing

Last edited by Nur93; 06-14-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:29 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by acey81

To embed the video put the Video code, in this case pZO75dFDrZM within [ YT ] remove the spaces [ /YT ] and it will work.

I might be tempted to add the sport chrono after this, but I don't know if its worth the extra cash compared to my Vbox Sport-setup that I run today. What do you think?
good lord
Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Yes, this is the factory schims on my car. I am not sure at what exact level of camber the stock toe bar is to short. But to go a bit more aggressive you need cup cars toe bar. Anyway thats was what Manthey racing told me when they had my car on lift to go thru the detail of what they accually do for my setup. If stock toe bar can handle -2.5 front camber I leve it stock. I need minimum -2.5 if I guess.

@ Manthey racing
Thanks Nur93 - very interesting. I have searched and not been able to find the stock GT4 alignment specs (anyone out there found them somewhere?). -2.5 for the fronts seems very aggressive, but given your use of the car it makes sense. Did Manthey let you know what the stock setting measured at? Are they dialing in less toe for you also? Are you also looking to make camber changes at the rear? If you can post some before and after details of the camber and toe (both individual and cross/total) before and after that would be interesting and helpful.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:57 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by mgerber
Thanks Nur93 - very interesting. I have searched and not been able to find the stock GT4 alignment specs (anyone out there found them somewhere?).
I believe that the Auto Sport supertest article posted on here showed the OEM values.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Will let you know when I get the time to set it up. As of stock camber I did post it on here, but I might got it wrong as of Factory setting. Yes I will do rear as well and toe.

But sport auto did what they could setting the car up, and them nr. are here. Please note weight of sport auto car, its only 1379kg. My porker is 1430kg.

Sport auto did only make as much as they could. They did For sure not schims and those things
Old 06-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Got loads of datatrace and film from vbox-HD, but dont bother to even watch it as Porsche app Is showing all things important In an easy way. Still I very much know how to read datatrace/logg.

First outing in My new GT, did do a fastest of 7.35 bridge to gantry. But I would say the Porsche app lap of 7.38 btg is overall faster, due to more cars to pass in that lap.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:25 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Will let you know when I get the time to set it up. As of stock camber I did post it on here, but I might got it wrong as of Factory setting. Yes I will do rear as well and toe.

But sport auto did what they could setting the car up, and them nr. are here. Please note weight of sport auto car, its only 1379kg. My porker is 1430kg.

Sport auto did only make as much as they could. They did For sure not schims and those things
Originally Posted by ExMB
I believe that the Auto Sport supertest article posted on here showed the OEM values.
Thanks guys! I did not see the article. Nur93: keep us posted as this is great info (and again thanks for taking the time to post it). It will be really interesting to see how you like the car both on and off track with the more aggressive settings. I am guessing Manthey will dial in as much camber in the back as they are doing for you in the front (2.5) given the factory settings front/rear is about the same, and probably dial out some of the front toe. I am jealous guessing you are having great fun experimenting with the car. Enjoy!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

As I am keen on driving cars more than anything I thougt I would use the Porsche track app to compare my speeds vs sport auto gt4( even that car is 50kg lighter than my car and was on free track, no cars). This is my first outing in my new GT4 wich is 100% stock on MPSC tire this day and factory setting on camber/toe etc. All aero max and rollbar hardest rear/medium front. Did try rollbar softest front next day as well other tire. No difference in speeds/laptime.

Hope to return later this year to better my speeds all round the track.

First out is hatzenbachbogen, a quite scary downhill fast off camber right. Armcro steel as always a few meters away and very present the ful lap. But at nurburgrings fast off camber bends armcro steel feels even closer and indeed scary:-)

Please note my Vmin is 153 GPS km/h here. Not 154, it hard to capture a screenprint of the exakt Vmin or Vmax in the film while its playing. So this I will not mention at every section I look at but I wright the correct vmin/vmax km/h at every section.

Sport auto GT4, Vmin in this scary ofcamber fast downhill right=157km/h gps

Next sport auto referens is scary fast flugplatz. To reach high Vmax next at swedex one must dare to keep a high vminimum thru flugplatz scary fast first righthander here in this righthander I keep a pretty high Vmin, its acually quite a challenge here, Flugplatz is a real challange for most I would guess. In front is the second righthander at flugplatz, this one is not as scary.

My vmin flugplatz 168km/h gps, sport auto gt4 173km/h gps.

Next SA reference point is SwendenX. I could with ease go faster here but due to cars close in front one need to back off as well scared here as long time since driven fast car at nur.

My speed vmax 252km/h gps, Sport auto GT4 252km/h gps vmax.

Next SA reference is Aremberg, due to coming in to Aremberg in very high speeds from swedenX lefthander and steep downhill its quite easy to brake to much in to this slow righthander. Also common peopel outbrake them selfe here and end up in the sandtrapp

My vmin 103km/h gps, Sport auto 102km/h gps.

Next SA ref, foxhole. Due to cars in front i could not go faster as well I am a bit scared here. In these speeds wich is not so fast I go straight on far down in the compression. But If free and want faster speeds I need to keep my car not so straight on in to compression, more make it a gentle radius turn in. Then one can reach ap. same vmax here as in swedenX (250-260km/h gps. In my CSL I datalogg 259km/h gps here. Hence GT4 will for sure do same + if one dare to do it.

My vmin 234km/h gps, SA GT4 238km/h gps.

Next SA ref is metzgesfeldt, a fast righthander and usually Its pretty easy to brake to much in here henc lose speed in lower vmin.

As passing cars here I cant use the track, I should of course have my car where the Porsche is, but no can do. Hence losing much time here on this fast section. My vmin thru the lefthander in front is usually on par with sport auto GT4, 164km/h gps but now this lap due passing cars its ap 145km/h gps, and vmax up at this section is also far from what you reach if no cars here

Last edited by Nur93; 06-17-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

We take a brake and check som data from this superior app from Porsche.
We make it easy, vmin in swedenX. Thats right wher this pic show. Now lets check loads of data at this exact place down to the meter.

At this point we are 4628m in to the track, thats exakt wher pic is taken. What can we see? Well my vmin is only 183 as cars in front I dare not to go full speed. In GT4 I am sure you can make as high as 195km/h vmin here.

Ok, what can this crap app say:-). (Just joking, this app is superior Harrys for sure, as Well racelogics in many ways. Its so instant and intuitiv, show all car data, instant. So vmin swedenX 183, cars in front thats why not higher vmin. Still 4628m in to track lenght at nur.

I am at 6143 rpm in 4 gear and you in your gt4/3 is 5000rpm in 3 gear, you better gear up and use that throtle:-)

48% throtle, how much are you? Ok only 25% in 3 gear, thats why i accually go faster than you:-) Steering angle, brakepressure? Well I am not using My brake here, you might?!

Still 4628m in to track, how about G, lat or long G?

Wheelslip, accually I usually had it here in My m3CSL, now easy to show it. Here 0 slip,

No trigger of ESC at this 4628m in to lap, no over/understeer. But I can show the compleat lap, and it Will show alot of understeer as you also see and hear in app film. Only one Big oversteer in whole lap.

Ok, what about My tire pressure 4628m in to lap, looks fine to me. End of lap front get a bit hot due to My drivingstyle but mostly due to factory set camber. When set up properly my tire pressure Will not rise that much end of lap i think. Gismo Will help me evaluate this.

Car data. May I ask who in their right mind Call this app crap? Its very much not crap, it way better than Harrys and even racelogics in many ways.

Last edited by Nur93; 06-18-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Upward peak is oversteer, I hardly have except once in adenauer forst, see peak upwards. Understeer, see downwards peak:-). My car and are in need of a real Manthey setup:-) would you not say?

That peak upward is at adenauer forst, its oversteer. Crusor is not at that place hence it show 0% but if I put it there it give me what % oversteer/understeer/slip. Datatrace tell us, video app tell us, all downwards peak is understeer.....This is the compleatly lap-Told you so even before I see this data. We need a setup i guess :-)
Old 06-18-2015, 10:41 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's appears to be a pretty strong tendency to understeer. Neat information.

Upward peak is oversteer, I hardly have except once in adenauer forst, see peak upwards. Understeer, see downwards peak:-). My car and are in need of a real Manthey setup:-) would you not say?

That peak upward is at adenauer forst, its oversteer. Crusor is not at that place hence it show 0% but if I put it there it give me what % oversteer/understeer/slip. Datatrace tell us, video app tell us, all downwards peak is understeer.....This is the compleatly lap-Told you so even before I see this data. We need a setup i guess :-)
Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
good lord
Good lord is right!

I think I lost my lunch!

Great driving.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:50 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for this thread! I just read through all 14 pages... Awesome!
One comment on autoblip. It is so intuitive, consistent and easy to use on track... No reason not to use it. I have it on my cayman gts... I only use it on track... Weird on the street
Old 06-20-2015, 02:08 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

wow great info thanks - re your vid: that white gt3 & the dark M3 cost you 2-3 secs in fox r tho
Old 06-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doborder
Thank you so much for this thread! I just read through all 14 pages... Awesome!
One comment on autoblip. It is so intuitive, consistent and easy to use on track... No reason not to use it. I have it on my cayman gts... I only use it on track... Weird on the street
Glad to hear that, thanks! I totaly agree on your thoughts on auto blip!

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.