Sponsored by: APR

Here is pic of my GT4, great car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
wow great info thanks - re your vid: that white gt3 & the dark M3 cost you 2-3 secs in fox r tho
Thanks:-). Yes they do, as Well fast section after foxhole in to metzgesfeldt when i pass i lose plenty in vmax and vmin as i am stuggeling to pass in My low power car and that get me on the wrong side of track in to lefthander wich is slow then.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

I think app is great when looking at what gears one drive. Especally when you enhance/ enlarge the datatrace shown on your iPhone to see how you go thru gears on different sections of track. Here is one ex. 3 to 4 gear at kesselchen.

Close to reving out just before i gear up to 4. It would be very easy to see and compare diffrent drivers using this great app. Some drivers Will never reach maximum vmax upp kesselchen even if track is free from other cars. We could have real fun comparing datatrace and it Will show clearly who can use the cars performance and who cant, in a easy and fun way. Its also fun looking at how one is going down the gears at different sections at track.

These 3 pictures show My car at the exakt same place on track. Thanks to play button in above picture those who dont find their way around any given tracks datatrace as pic above can Always use the play button to see where you accually are at track as this pic show.

Same place, 94% gaspedal 0 brake pressure and 20 degrees steering angle. We could see all data on the next Porsche app guy right here and in the same time we see it we could evaluate how different we use ouer cars at track. Not only what diffrent speeds we carry/ diffrent lap Times we get, but alot more.... This you do a whole LOT more easy in Porsche app than any other logging gear out on the market.

Forget racelogics vbox-HD, or Harry. This superior Porsche app you compare instant after driven the lap in pit if you got the Porsche app.... like No way you do that on a racelogics vbox-HD or harry. To me it seems we have a winner here in terms of datalogging in the year 2015, Porsche Done this app a winner in My book. And tust me, i drove racelogics all products since 2004

Last edited by Nur93; 06-20-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:52 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

A friend i know must have the coolest wrap on their Gt4...

My son did know the theme:-)
Old 06-24-2015, 04:04 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Took my 5 year old to the dealer. He saw the car and I asked him if he liked Lightning McQueen?

Response: That's not lightning McQueen, he is number 95....

No way to fool a 5 year old Lol
Old 06-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Film on my 7.37 btg lap, had a passenger in this lap. The BMW 1M passning me end of lap is not stock(i know I get that question anyway:-), that car is lappning 7.15 btg when a fast driver lap it, hence far from stock. Ap 400hp 600nm and less weight than My gt4, as well its Shirmer motorsport build wich is propper race. GT4 can't even compare, its a street car, still stock camber/toe etc. The Guy passing is the owner and he is a Guy I know, he is comming in this lap at ap 7,34 alone in car [ YT ]
[ /YT ]

Last edited by Nur93; 06-27-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:04 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,076 Posts

NICE lap!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:13 PM
Skeptikal12
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice driving!

So do you think the car can beat the 7:40 ring time proposed by Porsche?

I see your laps and besides a few seconds here or there, not sure how the extra time would be made up.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Skeptikal12
Nice driving!

So do you think the car can beat the 7:40 ring time proposed by Porsche?

I see your laps and besides a few seconds here or there, not sure how the extra time would be made up.
Thanks:-) I dont know if I dare to answer to that, regarding your forum name:-).

How are your knowhow in regards to read out a datatrace, or say a bunch of them? To be fair this video Will not show you or anybody else then me, how much I accually take it very, very carfull and really driving slow at All five 200+km/h sections I am not close to cars potential due to I am afraid. Due to long time drive track at these speeds.

If I compare My datatrace from m3 CSL its faster on these five 200+km/h section as at that time I had more comfort driving more laps, not scary. GT4 is stronger and faster at every section, I just dont dare to use it this first time in new car. Looking at all My datatrace from now and then, I should very easy get under 7:30 btg.

Then I should have a free lap, build confidence next trip, set up car(now factory camber/toe), if I take a guess, on a free track/new rubber then I should hit 7,23-25.btg. 7.23 btg is same as sport auto lap.(that car was 50kg lighter than my car).
All other cars I had over the years I more or less was on par With sport auto.

To reach Porsche factory time of 7.20btg( full Porsche sport auto lap was 7.40 wich translate to 7.20 btg, well lets see. All I see and know from years looking at datatrace is you lose Big time if you dont Max out on those five 200+km/h sections, those are very importen if One like to pull a fast lap, I am slow at those sections as first time in car, it Will go much faster ther next time.

Datatrace also show when I accelerat from a stand still bridge to gantry lap Wich I do this lap, I lose ap. 1,5 second on the lap, vs fly down long straight in 260+km/h under starting point at bridge! Many things that should be right but as of now, Its me a bit scared accually. As Well this lap I have a passager, ap. 85+kg, that slows the car down for sure.
As one cant make to much of this video as its first day of 2 trackdays. Second day i did always lap from 7.35-38 Times' but then passing as much as 12-15 cars. Hence second day, faster overal....than first day. Hence second vist I Will be more relaxed and used to speeds, thats a major thing accually. Last time I drove fast car here was ap 7 years ago, and sure last visit was 1.5 years ago, in My Porsche cayenne diesel(on Harrys;-),

Last edited by Nur93; 06-28-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:41 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Its me a bit scared accually.
Fear on, and of, the Nürburgring is healthy. Helps you keep the sticky side down.

The owner of RSR (Ron himself) with several thousand laps of the 'ring told me that the track is different every time and if you don't have a bit of fear and respect it, it will kill you. If you think you have 'learned' the track and go all out, you will end up off track without some luck.

I did my first day of laps in the rain. Then, on another day, in the dry. Then a lap with Ron in the GT-R. After that, it is difficult for me to imagine trying to push for an extra second or three unless I was getting paid or was immortal.

That last lap of yours was one of the cleanest I've seen on Youtube. Keep the shiny side up!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by worf928
Fear on, and of, the Nürburgring is healthy. Helps you keep the sticky side down.

The owner of RSR (Ron himself) with several thousand laps of the 'ring told me that the track is different every time and if you don't have a bit of fear and respect it, it will kill you. If you think you have 'learned' the track and go all out, you will end up off track without some luck.

I did my first day of laps in the rain. Then, on another day, in the dry. Then a lap with Ron in the GT-R. After that, it is difficult for me to imagine trying to push for an extra second or three unless I was getting paid or was immortal.

That last lap of yours was one of the cleanest I've seen on Youtube. Keep the shiny side up!
Thanks, as well agree, must respect this dangerus and in the same time lovely track. Shiny side up. Then again we who often go here Knows that when you least expect it One might sitt in a three top not having a car anylonger( as Well Life)
Old 07-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Its low, I dont mind to much as its not a daily driver and its only plastic. Still I put an plank underneeth wheels to get it out:-) As I mentioned before One need to check brakeducts and aero from time to time. Its easy to scrape it where I live anyway, speedbumps, garage etc. Mine is scraped quite some Times on street, anyway its scraped on track aswell riding them curbs. Love it still and dont mind👍

As long as I keep it in One pice on track I am happy, this I dont mind. As I daily driver I would never use this car in city, to much hazzle. But as a track and fun car its great.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:27 PM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Its low, I dont mind to much as its not a daily driver and its only plastic. Still I put an plank underneeth wheels to get it out:-) As I mentioned before One need to check brakeducts and aero from time to time. Its easy to scrape it where I live anyway, speedbumps, garage etc. Mine is scraped quite some Times on street, anyway its scraped on track aswell riding them curbs. Love it still and dont mind👍

As long as I keep it in One pice on track I am happy, this I dont mind. As I daily driver I would never use this car in city, to much hazzle. But as a track and fun car its great.
Wow and that sidewalk isn't even that high. Can you pass regular speed bumps in Stockholm without scraping?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

I can pass them if driving very slow, problem Is I forget how slow I must drive, hence it will scrape. But spolier is of a clever construction so it flex just fine and it will not show on car even if its scraped alot.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy... that's a little worrisome.

That's not even a sharp incline.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

I keep coming back to this superb Porsche app, anybody guess how much fuel I use in a 7.38 lap at nur. Well its more than what I use in a 7.43 btg lap😄. This app Is over the top For real and the best datalogging device out there right now. Anyway The app show exakt fuel used over each laps, whatever track. On nur we use plenty of fuel on faster laps. Anybody take a guess?

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.