Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool thanks
Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
It feels natural going whit autoblip, when driving hard anyway. My opinion is it feel more weird to use it when not driving hard. Sure if on autoblip in city then to much peopel turn their head and you got to much attention. If thats a bad thing or not others must decide. But for me I get to much attention then. But on track its feels very natural and fine.
Thanks for answering the 1000 questions. Not many to give feedback yet and even fewer truly fast.

How many track KM's and how are the pads/rotors and tires holding up?

Could be real additional cost savings competed to the GT3..

Looking for a dealer to fit clear bra, CS bar and 6 point harnesses to my US spec RS. Will have to do the same if I get a GT4, ugh...
Old 06-07-2015, 07:42 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

In regards to the auto-blip in sports mode, do I interpret it to work as follows:

Let's say you're in 4th gear coming down a straight with a 2nd gear turn approaching...do you simply apply the brake, then clutch in, shift to 3rd, clutch out, still braking, clutch in, shift to 2nd, clutch out, power out?
Old 06-08-2015, 03:10 PM
rickdm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
In regards to the auto-blip in sports mode, do I interpret it to work as follows:

Let's say you're in 4th gear coming down a straight with a 2nd gear turn approaching...do you simply apply the brake, then clutch in, shift to 3rd, clutch out, still braking, clutch in, shift to 2nd, clutch out, power out?
Yes, keeping your foot on the brake: push in the clutch, shift, let out the clutch. I use it always on my '14 CS. I would note that it is a blip so you have to let out the clutch very quickly after moving the shifter or the revs will drop. I love this feature, particularly on the street.

rickdm
Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

One lap on nur, real gps speed/ km/h porsche track app/vbox-sport. Sorry for bad quality film as I just filme when play this on my low quality tv, as well filmed the tv with my old iphone4.

I might if find time load a bettet quality film. Still the speeds are true gps km/h speed as Well lap time true

http://youtu.be/pZO75dFDrZM.

Can some one bed in film?

Last edited by Nur93; 06-09-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

To embed the video put the Video code, in this case pZO75dFDrZM within [ YT ] remove the spaces [ /YT ] and it will work.

I might be tempted to add the sport chrono after this, but I don't know if its worth the extra cash compared to my Vbox Sport-setup that I run today. What do you think?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by acey81

To embed the video put the Video code, in this case pZO75dFDrZM within [ YT ] remove the spaces [ /YT ] and it will work.

I might be tempted to add the sport chrono after this, but I don't know if its worth the extra cash compared to my Vbox Sport-setup that I run today. What do you think?
Thanks! When you look at this Porsche app film on your Big screen tv its fun and you get data info from the car in an easy to understand way. Very much so if looking at what gears you drive as well how you apply gaspedal or brakepedal, or if you just dont use brake at some sections, you just lift gaspedal. Thats wher you separate diffrent drivers from each others in an easy way. Aswell you can easy see my car is understeering alot at some bends, no oversteer (except oversteer at adenuer forst) on the lap but way more understeer. As my car is factory setting camber/toe this matter will go away after setup of car. It understeer some even my anti rollbar is hardest set as well front softest to dail out the understeer. Sure we need real setup camber to dail it out, the anti roll bar dont make that big difference. As well I try to drive around the understeer as Well.

Car data go thru wifi to app, i like that. racenavigator you need plug in cable to car. Same on racelogics vbox-HD(if you want gears in movie etc)

Last edited by Nur93; 06-09-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, nice driving. Thats called ripping it up. You can tell you know that track like the back of your hand.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Wow, nice driving. Thats called ripping it up. You can tell you know that track like the back of your hand.
Thanks! I compare My speed vs sport auto lap and overall Its on par, more or less same speeds Vmin and Vmax, still the traffic mess up some speed as you can't hold accelerator fully pressed down when cars in front, especally on the fast sections. As well its scary the first outing at nur in new car. Looking at My datatrace(logg), its possibel to go 7.20-7.23btg pretty easy if totaly free track and car is set up properly to respond to My driving. My best this first time was 7.35btg

Old 06-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks for answering the 1000 questions. Not many to give feedback yet and even fewer truly fast.

How many track KM's and how are the pads/rotors and tires holding up?

Could be real additional cost savings competed to the GT3..

Looking for a dealer to fit clear bra, CS bar and 6 point harnesses to my US spec RS. Will have to do the same if I get a GT4, ugh...
Car is 2800km now, just did two 30min stints on wet short track in swe, and then ap. 15 laps of touristfharen at nur, then two days of trackday nur ap 5-6 laps only per day. And a visit to the autocross 6 laps. Thats all, car is hardly swetting:-. Brakes is hardly used, front tires is Whats geting some, as the car is not setup. I drive Factory setting and see data in Porsche app film how it show understeer. As well I do My best to drive around it but it get to the front tire. Rear are as new!

Last edited by Nur93; 06-10-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Mate
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice driving! Impressive. Traffic does get iin a way..
Old 06-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

A few things I tought I could mention.

Until now, no need to fill up any motoroil as the levels been all ok from 0km to 3000km. I did check the level from time to time as new cars driven hard could use oil, but not this gt4.

The tourq For wheel is 160nm. (Not 140 as some will say)

The plastic under front like brake ducts and front spoiler lip are things that one will need to change, or look after as this cars is low.
The LWB chairs are a god compromise, but as this car is stick shift and pull high level of G its pretty much a workout doing track Nurburgring anyway, hence I would sitt better and relaxing more if in another chair with More support.

The sound this car makes are great, others tell me as they hear it better than me driving it.

As a total pack this is one great compromise of a car, out of the Box new on Factory setup it drive very well indeed.

Compared to My last Porsche i drove on nur the gt4 give you a real workout

Last edited by Nur93; 06-14-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Pic of My front tire.

Due to slightly to high tire pressure front and factory set car i get this lose of pattern. And by that I dont use to outer grippy edge of the front tire. No bigg issue but wanted to try pirellis anyway. After god support from Michelin motorsport division at track we agreed the optimum hot pressure for my car/drivingstyle front tire would be 1.9 hot.(they did check my tire/wear and conclusion there after is 1.9 hot in front) Did mostly drive 2.1 or at end 2.0 wich is slightly to high accoringly to support crew from Michelin motorsport.

even My car need more aggressive camber its Always a compromise as Well different drivers need different cambers as we all know to make the most of a tire. In genral these guys said its often to common trackgoers in street cars as mine and others go to aggressive camber.

Last edited by Nur93; 06-14-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Next trip I will set up car to my drivingstyle at Manthey/Raeder

Putt in more Schims For more camber

Change this stock toe bar to cup cars longer bar to be able to get more aggressive camber front as stock is to short

Put in more Schims For more camber

Last edited by Nur93; 06-14-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Next trip I will set up car to my drivingstyle at Manthey/Raeder

Schims For more camber

Change this stock toe bar to cup cars longer bar to be able to get more aggressive camber front as stock is to short

Schims For more camber

Are those the shims that are installed from the factory front and rear?
Do you know the maximum value of amber in the front before you have to change to the cup bar?

Quick Reply: Here is pic of my GT4, great car.