Notices

Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 07:54 AM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

I’m sorry, but after a major inconvenience, any vehicles that arrive after let’s say August 1st should be ‘23’s. You’ll see the difference at resale time…. Additionally, many people traded vehicles, and will lose the tax benefits in states that have a 12 month limit.

Last edited by NYCGT3; 02-25-2022 at 05:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
milban (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 09:04 AM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
I’m sorry, but after a major inconvenience, any vehicles that arrive after let’s say August 1st should be ‘23’s. You’ll see the difference at resale time….
Exactly, Agreed.
The following 2 users liked this post by milban:
NYCGT3 (02-25-2022), Webfiero (03-18-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 09:12 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,417 Likes on 901 Posts

I’m sorry, but after a major inconvenience, any vehicles that arrive after let’s say August 1st should be ‘23’s. You’ll see the difference at resale time….
I think the P dealer would be happy to trade your 2022 allocation for a 2023 allocation considering the circumstances. But, expect a minimum of a 7-8% increase in MSRP for the 2023 model. I don’t see Porsche giving anyone a 2023 car at 2022 MSRP even if they should in all fairness.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
I think the P dealer would be happy to trade your 2022 allocation for a 2023 allocation considering the circumstances. But, expect a minimum of a 7-8% increase in MSRP for the 2023 model. I don’t see Porsche giving anyone a 2023 car at 2022 MSRP even if they should in all fairness.
Never seen a 12k YoY increase on a Porsche same model …….only increase would be a dealer ADM which I don’t see if one’s car was destroyed. Pushing a car out actually helps the dealer so he’s doing them a solid.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:59 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Never seen a 12k YoY increase on a Porsche same model …….only increase would be a dealer ADM which I don’t see if one’s car was destroyed. Pushing a car out actually helps the dealer so he’s doing them a solid.
Of course not, but we have had 40 years of very low inflation which is reflected in YoY MSRPs. But, things have changed. Inflation rate this year is 7.5% + . Last high-inflation years occurred in the mid-1980s. In fact, buying a 2022 MY car at an MSRP set almost a year ago (in August 2021) is a good deal because price was set before some of the larger fall 2022 inflation effects. Car parts will cost Porsche more in 2023 as vendor contracts are renegotiated to account for inflation for the new production year. Pushing a car out does not help the dealer. Porsche makes $ on both the destroyed car (insurance) and the new car being built as a replacement. But, Dealer only makes $ on the replacement because dealer was never paid for the destroyed car that was never delivered. Assuming 1400 Porsches lost on the FA, then P dealers lost profits on the 1400 allocations in Spring 2022 which are rightfully now being used to replace the FA cars instead of additional cars. Porsche is one of the richest corporations in the world for a reason. While in fairness, the 2023 MY delivery for 2022 MSRP has some merit, I do not see Porsche voluntarily eating the 7.5% inflation in prices. Some on this thread have previously suggested that Porsche owes compensation to the customers because of the delay caused by the burning of the FA. But legally, every Porsche that was destroyed on the FA belonged to Porsche, not the customer. Porsche has promised to promptly rebuild and deliver an identical replacement 2022 MY for every customer for the same price. I am sure Porsche will also refund your deposit if you insist considering the circumstances. Regardless of the fairness argument, that is all Porsche is legally required to do and all I ever see it doing. Just managing expectations to keep them realistic….not trying to argue. What Porsche should do and what Porsche is legally required to do are two different things.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Of course not, but we have had 40 years of very low inflation which is reflected in YoY MSRPs. But, things have changed. Inflation rate this year is 7.5% + . Last high-inflation years occurred in the mid-1980s. In fact, buying a 2022 MY car at an MSRP set almost a year ago (in August 2021) is a good deal because price was set before some of the larger fall 2022 inflation effects. Car parts will cost Porsche more in 2023 as vendor contracts are renegotiated to account for inflation for the new production year. Pushing a car out does not help the dealer. Porsche makes $ on both the destroyed car (insurance) and the new car being built as a replacement. But, Dealer only makes $ on the replacement because dealer was never paid for the destroyed car that was never delivered. Assuming 1400 Porsches lost on the FA, then P dealers lost profits on the 1400 allocations in Spring 2022 which are rightfully now being used to replace the FA cars instead of additional cars. Porsche is one of the richest corporations in the world for a reason. While in fairness, the 2023 MY delivery for 2022 MSRP has some merit, I do not see Porsche voluntarily eating the 7.5% inflation in prices. Some on this thread have previously suggested that Porsche owes compensation to the customers because of the delay caused by the burning of the FA. But legally, every Porsche that was destroyed on the FA belonged to Porsche, not the customer. Porsche has promised to promptly rebuild and deliver an identical replacement 2022 MY for every customer for the same price. I am sure Porsche will also refund your deposit if you insist considering the circumstances. Regardless of the fairness argument, that is all Porsche is legally required to do and all I ever see it doing. Just managing expectations to keep them realistic….not trying to argue. What Porsche should do and what Porsche is legally required to do are two different things.
No way I see you arguing points well thought out. I just don’t see 8% YoY big companies still have pricing power on what they’re willing to pay to smaller suppliers. Time will tell, and I agree Porsche has no legal reason to pay compensation for a car legally that was not delivered and nor does the dealer own the vehicle. Now they can do some sort of good will if they choose ……my 2015 GT3 had the engine recall, and Porsche invited all the affected owners to the ATL track for driving with their pros in a wide range of cars, dinner, and some swag and they paid for the hotel but not airfare if you had to fly to ATL. Spent time with the engineers they detailed the failure point and how it was fixed, and this was a Porsche problem and they needed to do good will because the product failed and cars were delayed and some needing engine replacement. A burned up boat, and your car is late don’t see a mass effort of good will, could be wrong just don’t see it. Cars get delayed for many reasons, and they’re replacing the orders as fast as possible. My view on these things it’s just a car, and I’ve learned not to get attached to things as they sort out typically.
GT3FZS (03-01-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 10:44 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Sorry by the way, I’m the odd guy here I think the bubble will burst …….BAT did close to 1B in sales last year, and lots of cars aren’t hitting reserve that were selling 30 days ago. Wrong or right I like auctions as most buyers know the market and they pay cash or you have dealers buying to flip. Lastly, I had many of my 7 figure earners ex-coworkers about to panic over the market yesterday trying to see what to do with their money. By the way many are moving off big purchases due to the unknown. Just because some earn a lot many are leveraged as hell and nervous ……….I’m no fire alarm, I just don’t see the sustainability of the pricing. But I do see a buying opportunity when all the scared start running for the hills

Last edited by Maverick787; 02-25-2022 at 05:25 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Maverick787:
Bearrun21 (02-25-2022), GT3FZS (03-01-2022), NYCGT3 (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 02:08 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Here’s another way to look at the model year debate. You ordered a new, current model year vehicle. In August a new ,current model year vehicle will be a ‘23___
Old 02-25-2022, 02:31 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 159 Posts

Here’s another way to look at the model year debate. You ordered a new, current model year vehicle. In August a new ,current model year vehicle will be a ‘23___
...and counterpoint, Porsche is 'reordering' your car today. It's MY2022, and they going to build it within MY2022. It's just a late arriving 2022. (I'm chill with it, and I have a car on the FA.)
Old 02-25-2022, 02:37 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
...and counterpoint, Porsche is 'reordering' your car today. It's MY2022, and they going to build it within MY2022. It's just a late arriving 2022. (I'm chill with it, and I have a car on the FA.)
I’m glad you’re “chill”… After August 1st, the newer model year ships. You are theoretically, buying a 1 year old vehicle…
Old 02-25-2022, 02:45 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 159 Posts

I’m glad you’re “chill”… After August 1st, the newer model year ships. You are theoretically, buying a 1 year old vehicle…
As additional detail, I should have shared that I have a GT4; I've now noted you have a GT3. Got it on your different perspective.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:06 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Another good customer oriented argument that is based in fairness. Please contact PCNA and let us know what they say. Porsche decides when the model year begins and ends, not us. So, Porsche will just extend the production runs by 1-3 weeks to meet its MY 2022 commitments and do the assembly line changeover a few weeks later. That is how Porsche will maximize its profit by using the output and requirement contracts they already have in place. Porsche is building your MY 2022 GT3 on 8/26/2022 with arrival in October per above. I am hoping Porsche will give both of us a MY 2023 car for our 2022 MY contract price. But I just don’t see Porsche ever doing it for me or anyone else………just looking at it realistically. Hope you prove me wrong!

Last edited by Fullyield; 02-25-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:16 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Let’s not forget about the people who lost their trade in tax allowance. Some states have a 12 month limit.. Many moving parts that aren’t in the equation…
Old 02-25-2022, 05:51 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Let’s not forget about the people who lost their trade in tax allowance. Some states have a 12 month limit.. Many moving parts that aren’t in the equation…
Agree….terrible unintended consequence for those customers caught in that unfortunate situation. Before compensating those customers, however, I expect Porsche would just offer to cancel the allocation and refund full deposit for anyone who lost a car on the FA and complains or asks. Not saying it is the right thing to do…..…just saying that is what I expect Porsche would do.
peterdouglas (02-28-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 12:00 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 106 Posts

We will all be lucky if Porsche is still building cars this summer and not tanks. However since Germany gets 50% of it energy from Russia it would be hard to imagine Porsche building tanks to fight Russia.

Quick Reply: Thread for those who lost their car on the Felicity Ace ship fire