Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022 | 10:06 PM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by orca15
The ED coordinator told me directly he is doing reservations, not confirmations, as no decision has been made. He's just trying to keep some slots on hold in case the ED opens up for U.S.
First P car here from Canada.
I’m confirming a slot for Targa 4 GTS right now, and I wanted to do ED.
My SA says there’s an ED available for fall winter of 2022, and asked if I was interested.
I wanted to wait until 2023, but my SA said if I pass on this slot, I would need to wait from the bottom again, and in 2023 we won’t know if there would be more delays.

1. Should just F*** it and don’t do ED right now due to so many Covid restrictions?
2. Or should I just do the earliest ED?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 01-30-2022 | 12:19 AM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by Albechow
First P car here from Canada.
I’m confirming a slot for Targa 4 GTS right now, and I wanted to do ED.
My SA says there’s an ED available for fall winter of 2022, and asked if I was interested.
I wanted to wait until 2023, but my SA said if I pass on this slot, I would need to wait from the bottom again, and in 2023 we won’t know if there would be more delays.

1. Should just F*** it and don’t do ED right now due to so many Covid restrictions?
2. Or should I just do the earliest ED?

Any advice would be appreciated!
You have all wheel drive, they would even provide snow tires if needed, and even if further delayed, you would not lose an entire driving season here.
I would make a run for the (wonderful) ED experience.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022 | 08:37 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

I would take it - do you ski ? -- I would also ask your dealer why you need to go to the bottom of the list - I was #1 to get a GT3 at my dealer --( First on list before they ever offered car - When they changed from 991 to 992) - I passed on the first 992 GT3 due to "other" reasons and they told me that I would be called each time they got an allocation - I turned down the touring and took the second GT3 ( Non Touring ) they got - Dealer has been the best ( Bought many cars from them ) -- If you would like a contact person email me ( asto@bright.net ) - Doing ED this spring/summer
Old 01-30-2022 | 08:46 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Did they work with you for delivery date - I am hoping to pick up in July and it looks like they are moving production around to accommodate my request ( I would like to pick up GT3 in stuttgart in July - Originally completion date was May - It was moved to April - They just moved not back to May --

When did ED contact you - The dealer has the documents in but I haven't heard from European Delivery -The Dealer says last communication from ED "trying to accommodate my request date in July"

Thanks
Don
Old 01-30-2022 | 11:20 AM
Albechow
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrAsto992GT3
Did they work with you for delivery date - I am hoping to pick up in July and it looks like they are moving production around to accommodate my request ( I would like to pick up GT3 in stuttgart in July - Originally completion date was May - It was moved to April - They just moved not back to May --

When did ED contact you - The dealer has the documents in but I haven't heard from European Delivery -The Dealer says last communication from ED "trying to accommodate my request date in July"

Thanks
Don
It’s just my SA informing me right now regarding the estimated time arrival of ED. She said Sept to Nov of 2022 for now, but I wanted to do 2023 instead.
Should I just accept this and talk to ED afterwards to try to see if they would delay it for me?
I know with Covid going on, I’m super lucky to even get an allocation for MSRP, but I just wanted to stall into 2023 for pick up since we have houses to close, and 23 is my lucky number haha.
Also, I’m sure there would still be GTS allocations for 2023, correct? Since 2022 is the first year for GTS, I don’t foresee it just doing 1 year and that’s it.
I’m super afraid that 992.2 would be hybrid, and ICE would be done for 911.
Thanks everyone!
Old 02-02-2022 | 11:08 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Any updates on this from anyone? Anyone have anything confirmed? Looking at an allocation for next month, and really want it if I can get euro delivery
Old 02-03-2022 | 08:48 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

My next build (Macan GTS) date is late March / April I believe, haven’t checked it yet.
Hopefully all is open without vaxx passports by then, but the totalitarian regime is pretty nuts so we’ll see.

The next two (GT4 and Cayenne Coupe GT) are build dates in June, I don’t see an issue by then, expect all to be back to normal, mandate wise.

But they may experience parts shortages and the cars maybe delayed. Some options were not available when I put the cars together last week..

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 02-03-2022 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2022 | 10:51 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

I forgot factory shuts down August for the annual holiday when I asked if mid August date ED would be available. Going to get more clarity for this March/April allocation if Zuffenhausen is possible, whether before or after August...
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:32 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

I am confirmed for May 11.
The following users liked this post:
ron4sc (02-06-2022)
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:55 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Awesome News!!!
Old 02-03-2022 | 12:58 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

That is awesome news, thanks for sharing & congrats!

With PTS on my build I'm hoping and aiming for September/Fall, fingers are crossed...
Old 02-03-2022 | 02:13 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
I am confirmed for May 11.

So it seems that you received approximately 3 months advance notice to plan your trip. Should be sufficient. Did you have any advance notice from PCNA Atlanta concerning the date being tentatively held for you? I have a date being held in June and was wondering when I might get confirmation.

Anyone else have "lead time" information that they could share?

Old 02-03-2022 | 11:38 PM
pefman
Advanced

I was told before Christmas that they had a tentative date of May 3rd for my delivery Leipzig (placed the order in September). I asked for a later date if possible. In mid January, I was told by my SA that May 3 was the latest date they could give me since the car was in production and would be finished by early Feb. I said "fine," and I got my confirmation - same wording as Tom Loder above - a day or two later. Airline and some hotels now reserved. Can't wait for winter to end!
Old 02-04-2022 | 01:36 PM
Chadds
Intermediate

Tom

Thats very exciting. Is this the date you requested, or the date Porsche advised you had to take? My build is scheduled to be completed April 22nd and I’ve requested European Delivery which has not been confirmed yet. Im hopeful it will be. How much flexibility did you have on the date for your ED?

Chris

Last edited by Chadds; 02-04-2022 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-04-2022 | 02:01 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chadds
Tom

Thats very exciting. Is this the date you requested, or the date Porsche advised you had to take? My build is scheduled to be completed April 22nd and I’ve requested European Delivery which has not been confirmed yet. Im hopeful it will be. How much flexibility did you have on the date for your ED?

Chris
I told them when I would like to go and was giving about 5-6 dates to choose from

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?