Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:16 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I"d like to run the track version, it's much easier to drive. I think if we do the 700hp monster we should do it on a track like Daytona.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:16 AM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
Good running last night. That was a blast. I honk I dreamt about driving the car all night.

There was some discussion about 1.5 yrs ago in having a points setup, but we didn't have a dedicated car. Now that we have the RUF this could be a very viable option if there is enough interest. We will need to put cinder blocks in Justin's car though

What do you guys think of running one of the other RUF cars next race and the last after that to see how we like them all as a group?
If you want to keep points we should setup as a league on the league page of iRacing. If you want to go that route let me know, I'll setup the league (pay for it) and make someone else the admin who can invite people to join the league and setup the races.
Kevin
Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

What do you guys think of running one of the other RUF cars next race and the last after that to see how we like them all as a group?
I haven't driven the turbo RWD version yet, but it sure sounds hard to drive and might be a bit too much for racing. That leaves us with either the cup spec or the GT3R track spec. The "track" car is really fast and easy to drive, but no-one here has a GT3 R. The Cup-spec is slower, but is a lot closer to what Rennlisters might actually own. It feels to me much more like what a GT3 should feel like.

My vote is to stick with the cup car in an effort to keep attracting rennlisters and people who are wanting to get ready for an upcoming track day. I could be convinced to change my vote though.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:03 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Thoughts on doing a league? I don't mind being last in the points, but it looks like a more organized way to handle the races. I also just realized that the hosted session cost per session, so a BIG thank you to the guys that have been hosting practice and our weekly races!

As far as the track vs the cup, my vote is for the track but either one is fine.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:42 PM
JustinL
Drifting

A league would be fine with me. Can it be an open league to any rennlister who wants to join? I want to try to minimize barriers to new people joining. I'll poke around in the league setup section to see what our options are.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:54 PM
awegrzyn
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hosted race at SPA for 6pm Eastern, today. Porsche/Corvette/Mclaren/Ford.

Host session name: SPA GT1/GT2/GT3
Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 AM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
The "track" car is really fast and easy to drive, but no-one here has a GT3 R. The Cup-spec is slower, but is a lot closer to what Rennlisters might actually own. It feels to me much more like what a GT3 should feel like.

+1

My presonal perference would be the Cup/C-Spec version.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
A league would be fine with me. Can it be an open league to any rennlister who wants to join? I want to try to minimize barriers to new people joining. I'll poke around in the league setup section to see what our options are.
I agree. I really like how the group is now, and don't want to constrict us with penalties and closed sessions. If we could keep things the way they are with a rennlist password and openness, yet allow for a points standing that would be cool.

Im with Bobby. I really like the Track car. I spent an hour last night running in John Teece's session and found the car really enjoyable to drive. Its funny I found the cup car to be fun, but a bit lethargic. the track car is what I was hoping the cup car would have been. I still haven't driven the RWD.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Kevin can you chime in on some of the concerns with people not being able to jump into the league races easily? Also, can more then one person admin the league to created practices/races? Justin usually handles race day and Sean handles practice.

Lets see what Kevin says, I think with the league you can simply password protect it the way we've been doing. We've got 2 weeks to get it figured out.

I'm really hoping that next season they do a McLaren vs Ruf track series, that would be a blast.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:40 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Im with Bobby. I really like the Track car. I spent an hour last night running in John Teece's session and found the car really enjoyable to drive. Its funny I found the cup car to be fun, but a bit lethargic. the track car is what I was hoping the cup car would have been. I still haven't driven the RWD.
More votes needed to break the tie, so chime in guys.

I tried the RWD. It's hilariously undertired. A car that powerful on street tires is nutty. It's not too bad on acceleration, but my braking points are double the distance what they are in the race cars. The AWD might be a bit easier, but they get going so fast that the tires just can't keep up under braking.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

so you want me to vote again? JK
Old 12-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Cup version, tried it for the 1st time last night.. See these?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:14 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

I've read that the base ride height needs to be lowered to keep them from going airborne. I believe this is only an issue with the cup version, I'm sure a patch or better base setup will be on the way.

We didn't have any issues with that on Wednesday but I'm not sure if our guys hit curbing that hard.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I managed to flip the cup at Spa with the baseline setup. Once I lowered the car to a reasonable ride height it didn't happen again. It's still considered a preview because I think it's not running the latest tire model (the one it was designed with). Once it comes out in earnest, I'm sure that will be solved for good.

The Cup does feel slow compared to the Track, but it really isn't a slow car. We were running comparable lap times with the Grand-am times at the Glen.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

For me its not the speed, but responce of the car that feel slow. The track car feels more nimble. I flipped ones and saved a flip with a little clown car action.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread