Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 01:45 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Moshyello
If I go with the leather 18 way seats, will it still have the GTS wording embroidered on the headrest like the race tex option?
I don’t believe so, at least not per the config. Wish it would tho. Don’t think it’s seat dependent, just leather option seems to remove it.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:40 AM
Cmark777
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice. I really like the chalk interior, if I trusted my kids more to not ruin it I would probably do the same thing
Old 05-17-2024, 09:16 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

I did a similar build. I’m curious why you went with the 14 way seats. I did too because I found them less confining and easier to enter and exit. I added the black side view mirrors along with the door handles. I’ve never a big fan of black wheels because they always seem dirty but that’s just my opinion.

What was your thoughts on the sports design package? Was it to keep the same color along the wheel wells and front and back?

Last edited by Sammersam; 05-17-2024 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 09:49 AM
Ghaley50
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
I did a similar build. I’m curious why you went with the 14 way seats. I did too because I found them less confining and easier to enter and exit. I added the black side view mirrors along with the door handles. I’ve never a big fan of black wheels because they always seem dirty but that’s just my opinion.

What was your thoughts on the sports design package? Was it to keep the same color along the wheel wells and front and back?
​​​​​​

I did the 14 way seats because I have ventilated/ massage option in my bulid, you can't get either with the other seat options. I'm still on the fence about sport design package. I believe when the exterior is all the same color it gives the appearance of a wider stance. I didn't do the HGB mirrors because it can become too matchy for me. Also black wheels to me give it that extra pop, I did a upgrade on the wheels so I don't have all the spokes to clean.lol I'm in the fashion field I approach my builds like styling the perfect outfit

Ps let me check out your build

Last edited by Ghaley50; 05-17-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Sammersam
Racer

I went with the Exclusive Design wheels in High Gloss Black. Anyone have any thoughts on using the same wheels with the body color instead of the HGB? I also have the Quartzite Grey exterior. I'm also torn on the sport design package. I kind of like the High Gloss black accents on the roof spoiler, exterior mirrors and door handles.

Last edited by Sammersam; 05-17-2024 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:28 AM
Ghaley50
Advanced

I went with the Exclusive Design wheels in High Gloss Black. Anyone have any thoughts on using the same wheels with the body color instead of the HGB? I also have the Quartzite Grey exterior. I'm also torn on the sport design package. I kind of like the High Gloss black accents on the roof spoiler, exterior mirrors and door handles.
The same wheels with body color accent will be mostly alloy, which give it that shiny look. And will not match with the other HGB accents. I will give you this styling advice for free this time as I stated in my prior post I'm a stylist by trade..LOL
Old 05-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Sammersam
Racer

I really appreciate your free advise but I'm not understanding what you mean by " The same wheels with body color accent will be mostly alloy, which give it that shiny look. And will not match with the other HGB accents." It's either the Exclusive design wheels in the HGB or with the same body color as Quartzite Grey.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:29 AM
Ghaley50
Advanced

I really appreciate your free advise but I'm not understanding what you mean by " The same wheels with body color accent will be mostly alloy, which give it that shiny look. And will not match with the other HGB accents." It's either the Exclusive design wheels in the HGB or with the same body color as Quartzite Grey.
If you look at the wheel your asking about in your post the face of that wheel is alloy and it is only has quatzite accents, in other words the entire wheel is not quartzite grey
Old 05-17-2024, 11:35 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Yes, I know that but you can have the accent in either HGB or the body color Quartzite grey. Basically it can either match the color of the car of it can be HGB.
Old 05-17-2024, 11:44 AM
Ghaley50
Advanced

Yes, I know that but you can have the accent in either HGB or the body color Quartzite grey. Basically it can either match the color of the car of it can be HGB.
But you don't have chrome or anything to bring the alloy in with. But hey its your car I'm just a stylist
😅

Last edited by Ghaley50; 05-17-2024 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:29 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
​​​​​​

I did the 14 way seats because I have ventilated/ massage option in my bulid, you can't get either with the other seat options.
You can get ventilated 18 ways. Massage requires the 14.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:41 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
They have the houndstooth tied to the lightweight package, and the lightweight package is that I am guessing precludes the towing. So what you can do is order w houndstooth/lightweight, and add the towing after the fact. I think it cost about 3k to add towing after the fact. If you are working w your dealer, they might make a deal w you to add the towing at a discount to your houndstooth vehicle.

Going further, the lightweight packages I believe come w a carbon fiber rear defuser, and porsche doesn't make a rear defuser in carbon fiber for towing. So personal plug here, if you add the towing, let me know and I would be interested in buying your rear carbon fiber defuser.
The options when you select " Premium package plus Lightweight Pack" does not show the lightweight center exhaust listed as part of the package. It's likely just a mistake on the configurator, but when selecting this the rendering shows the split exhaust and allows the tow package to be selected.

Old 05-17-2024, 01:36 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Any feedback appreciated: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS481XS6

Original plan was to get a highly speced S, but after specing the GTS with similar options, price was very close.. went GTS. Got an allocation the other day.

Couple items I'm undecided about:
- 2 way vs 4 way climate control -- not a "fan" of the B-pillar vents on the 4 way, loud and at ear level. Given the Burmester system in my spec, detracts from the sweet listening experience. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the 2 way control panel from the back seats? Does it cheapen an otherwise pricey build..
- RaceTex or leather. I sat in a previous gen GTS with RT, and it was great. Leaning towards RT at the moment
- RT steering wheel? everyone says option the leather for wear and tear.. how true is this?

Also curious on how different the ride will be vs the S. Will the GTS be noticeably more harsh or stiff? For instance on the 992, the GTS uses different springs, MUCH firmer ride over the S.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:44 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by thigos
The options when you select " Premium package plus Lightweight Pack" does not show the lightweight center exhaust listed as part of the package. It's likely just a mistake on the configurator, but when selecting this the rendering shows the split exhaust and allows the tow package to be selected.

Std Cayeene or Coupe? I think the Coupe gets the center exhaust the regular SUV does not.
Old 05-17-2024, 01:50 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
​​​​​​

I did the 14 way seats because I have ventilated/ massage option in my bulid, you can't get either with the other seat options. I'm still on the fence about sport design package. I believe when the exterior is all the same color it gives the appearance of a wider stance. I didn't do the HGB mirrors because it can become too matchy for me. Also black wheels to me give it that extra pop, I did a upgrade on the wheels so I don't have all the spokes to clean.lol I'm in the fashion field I approach my builds like styling the perfect outfit

Ps let me check out your build
You can get ventilated seats on the 18 way. I had 14 with massage and vent specced and immediately switched to 18 after trying them at the dealer. Go try them out if you haven’t before finalizing. Giving up massage for the secure feel of the 18 way was an easy choice for me.

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders