2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 12:07 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by gj271
it says 2024 cayenne
It's definitely the new one. Color seems off, looks like Arctic Grey not Quartzite, could be bad lighting / camera settings.
Old 06-14-2024, 12:09 PM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

there are two nearly identical videos in the account: a 24 regular cayenne (optioned to look like a gts), and the 25 gts, mislabeled as a 24.

Last edited by gj271; 06-15-2024 at 09:56 AM. Reason: deleted
Old 06-15-2024, 07:22 AM
ruartur
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks like the new 992.2 color slate grey neo. It’s definitely the new GTS.
Old 06-17-2024, 11:05 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 220 Posts

Build locked, the wait begins.

The following 2 users liked this post by thigos:
Ghaley50 (06-18-2024), gj271 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 05:56 AM
hwai333
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2025 Porsche Cayenne GTS Is How Dads Go Fast (motor1.com)

one of the first reviews, really wish the test cars didn't come with the lightweight packages so we can see how each color goes with the high gloss parts

Last edited by hwai333; 06-19-2024 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 08:38 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Agreed, it's like they expect all Coupe orders to come with the Lightweight Package, yet none of those options allow for the HGB trim that they specifically spec'd for the GTS trim, seems like an odd spec decision. I'm also assuming uptake on the LWP won't be high given the compramizes made on the pano roof, vented seats and tow hitch. Would have been nice if these were all stand alone options as well. At the price point I think if you were optioning the LWP you could probably get a lightly used Turbo GT for the same $'s.
Old 06-19-2024, 08:41 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by gj271
there are two nearly identical videos in the account: a 24 regular cayenne (optioned to look like a gts), and the 25 gts, mislabeled as a 24.
Probably not mislabeled as a 2024...rules for MY differ in many other countries. An early 2024 release of a vehicle in most of Europe will be a 2024 model with the exact same vehicle in the US labeled as a 2025.
Edit: Leeds Dealer is in UK.

Last edited by Ron.s; 06-19-2024 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 04:34 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I hit my Change Freeze Point in 2 days

Would really appreciate any feedback you're willing to give -

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSHG38K0

My concerns are:
  • Do we think the 21" wheels will look "Small" IRL given the higher sidewalls on 2024+ MY Cayenne
  • Thoughts on Interior? I was leaning Club Barrique leather for weeks now but this GTS specific interior feels like it will make for a very fun ride
  • 18 way seats vs standard 8 way. Worth the $$? I've sat in the 18 way at the dealership (albeit in standard leather) and they felt fine
  • Thermal glass and impact on Cell Signal - There's a couple crappy areas near my house I'm a little worried about

Feel free to criticize any part of this, Really appreciate feedback from experienced owners (This is a first Porsche for me)
Old 06-19-2024, 04:37 PM
gj271
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Probably not mislabeled as a 2024...rules for MY differ in many other countries. An early 2024 release of a vehicle in most of Europe will be a 2024 model with the exact same vehicle in the US labeled as a 2025.
Edit: Leeds Dealer is in UK.
i see. i also wonder if these videos might be just some fancy animated config visualizer
Old 06-19-2024, 04:45 PM
patgilm
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmark777

My concerns are:
  • Do we think the 21" wheels will look "Small" IRL given the higher sidewalls on 2024+ MY Cayenne
  • Thoughts on Interior? I was leaning Club Barrique leather for weeks now but this GTS specific interior feels like it will make for a very fun ride
  • 18 way seats vs standard 8 way. Worth the $$? I've sat in the 18 way at the dealership (albeit in standard leather) and they felt fine
  • Thermal glass and impact on Cell Signal - There's a couple crappy areas near my house I'm a little worried about

Feel free to criticize any part of this, Really appreciate feedback from experienced owners (This is a first Porsche for me)
Funny, my build is almost exactly like yours except mine is not a coupe. I’m a black on black guy as well and also like black wheels. The main difference is I’m not getting PDCC.
The following users liked this post:
Cmark777 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 05:26 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

My concerns are:

I've owned 2 S Cayenne's ( 2017 & 2019) , and 2 S Coupes (2021 & 2024) and they have all had 21" wheels and they look great. 22" wheels are more prone to blow outs especially if you live in a cold climate with pot holes in the winter. I've never been a fan of black wheels (they always look dirty) so I went with the 21" Exclusive Design wheels in high gloss black. When the car and wheels are clean they look great! My GTS on order is Quartzite Grey with 21" wheels and 14 comfort seats only because I find the comfort seats easier to get in and out of but love the way the 18 ways look and really like the GTS Interior Package seats but they don't come in 14 ways and I didn't want to spend close to $3,000 not having seem them. The dealer talked me out of the club leather seats. All my Cayenne's have been Chromite black and I don't see any reason to spend the extra money on the sports design package and mirrors because they are all black. You will be the only one to notice the difference. The Exclusive design fuel cap is probably the biggest waste of money. I had the thermal glass in my first one and didn't notice the difference and I had no issues with the cell phone. This is just one man's opinion. You will love the car and good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by Sammersam:
MAXFPS (06-22-2024), motown (06-30-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 05:58 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 220 Posts

My concerns are:

All very subjective, but here's my take -
21" wheels still look good - even better now with the meaty sidewalls.
You cant go wrong with either interior you listed. I think the GTS interior feels sportier.
18 way seats are the way to go - Very worth it to try the seats if you can. I am not a fan of the 14 ways but many love them, so I think this is body type specific. If you are between the 8 and 18, and in doubt, go 18 way.
I skipped thermal glass because of signal concern.
PDCC is worth every penny
Old 06-19-2024, 06:16 PM
gj271
Instructor

Originally Posted by hwai333
The 2025 Porsche Cayenne GTS Is How Dads Go Fast (motor1.com)

one of the first reviews, really wish the test cars didn't come with the lightweight packages so we can see how each color goes with the high gloss parts
i’m new to this model and i didn’t realize the cayenne gts has exhaust sounds coming through the speakers, as mentioned in this review. what are people’s experience with this ?
Old 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I don't think the exhaust sounds come through the speakers!
Old 06-19-2024, 06:40 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
I don't think the exhaust sounds come through the speakers!
Depends on how you define “speaker”. Here’s my deep dive into Porsche’s fake engine sound in my post titled, “All Natural or Augmented? Sound Off With Your Preference!”
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...reference.html

I’m a big fan of all natural but always happy to check out augmented engine sound.

The owner’s manual, when describing Sport and Sport+ Mode, makes vague reference to “Optimized engine sound in the vehicle interior”. So what is that? Just how is it optimized? Is it natural or is it augmented with audio trickery? In other words, is it Memorex or Milli Vanilli? This called for another deep-dive into the rabbit hole!

Sound is a large part of the Porsche driving experience. Early air-cooled Porsche engines generated a cacophony of valve train noise, cooling fans, and the unmistakable raspy bark of the flat-six exhaust. Glorious!

EU drive-by noise regulations signaled the end of the air-cooled engines. Additionally, consumer demand for quiet interior during highway cruising resulted in more and more soundproofing to further deaden any remaining engine sound. But what about those who want that sensory experience of that glorious engine for which they paid the big bucks?

Sport exhaust partially solved that problem. With valved exhaust, drivers could choose differing sound levels. That is, within EU sound regulation limitations. ☹️ That’s great if you have the windows down. Windows up; not so much.

Head acoustics engineer Dr. Bernhard Pfäfflin states that the Porsche engine sound is not artificially created; it’s authentic. “Artificially generating sounds and adding them to the drive spectrum through speakers is absolutely out of the question.” So how do they make cockpit noise louder without reducing soundproofing or using speakers?
https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpor...iew/article06/

Enter the Porsche Sound Symposer system. The Sound Symposer ducts existing *natural* air intake noise through sound tubes into the cockpit — just like a stethoscope. The system is valved similar to the Sport Exhaust system. Quiet on the highway and rowdy during sport driving. Awesome solution! 👍🏼 Here’s a diagram of the system installed on last gen’s Cayenne GTS:
https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...-engine-sounds

But wait! The Sound Symposer is not installed on our 9Y0 Cayennes. How is the interior engine sound optimized? Remember how Dr. Pfäfflin stated Porsche would never use speakers to augment the sound? The truth depends on your definition of “speaker”.

Porsche installs Soundaktors in the 9Y0 Cayennes. Soundaktors have a horrible reputation with VAG enthusiasts, so Porsche won’t call them that. Instead, Porsche calls them “Actuator for Impact Sound”. Sorry, Porsche, but it has the same part number as the VAG Soundaktor: 4H0907601D. Busted.

This system uses a hockey-puck-size voice coil to vibrate the firewall and windshield; similar to a sound board in an upright piano. It is essentially a speaker that uses the firewall instead of a speaker cone to generate sound. VAG uses the same system in Golfs, Jettas, Beetles, and certain Audis. EDIT: Also installed in the Lamborghini Urus. Understandably, Porsche doesn’t really want to talk about this.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...roar-11291754/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundaktor

Next question. What is the source of the sound being produced by the speaker, er, Soundaktor? (Sorry. Porsche said they don’t use speakers.) In other VAG applications, the Soundaktor reportedly plays recorded sound files — MP3’s so to speak. Pretty cheesy, if you ask me. VAG denies this. Oh really? Page 20 of Audi’s self study program specifically addresses the sound files. It also calls the Soundaktor a speaker without a speaker cone.
https://www.audiclub.fi/audifinns/fi...tch?id=1628364

From what I can tell, Porsche installs a sort of microphone in the engine compartment. Porsche calls it “Loudspeaker, Engine Sound System.” Is the sound transmitted as it was captured, or is it augmented? I don’t know. Perhaps it is processed to eliminate road noise or other undesirable sounds. Regardless, that sound is converted to an electrical signal and played by the Soundaktor when in Sport and Sport+ mode. Other VAG applications allow drivers to modify the sound and adjust the volume. No such capability is available in the PCM.
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ned-tech-dept/

I think Porsche wants as little attention as possible with this system. It seems as though VAG bean counters are overruling Porsche sound engineers. No mention of it in any Porsche technical documents. I found it hiding in the parts diagrams. But they were awfully proud of the previous Sound Symposer system and published several documents expounding it’s virtues. Not a peep about the Soundaktor from a VW Beetle.

I’ve tested the system by switching between Sport, Sport+, and Normal while maintaining steady throttle and manual gear selection. It indeed augments the sound with a deeper note which is noticeable if you are listening for it. No difference between Sport and Sport+ though.

I’m a little disappointed that my Porsche uses the same engine sound system as a VW Beetle. Honestly, I would have preferred all natural. How about you?

The following 3 users liked this post by Schnave:
MAXFPS (06-22-2024), michaelp (06-19-2024), Victory911 (08-08-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders