Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 01:57 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelp
Any feedback appreciated: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS481XS6

Original plan was to get a highly speced S, but after specing the GTS with similar options, price was very close.. went GTS. Got an allocation the other day.

Couple items I'm undecided about:
- 2 way vs 4 way climate control -- not a "fan" of the B-pillar vents on the 4 way, loud and at ear level. Given the Burmester system in my spec, detracts from the sweet listening experience. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the 2 way control panel from the back seats? Does it cheapen an otherwise pricey build..
- RaceTex or leather. I sat in a previous gen GTS with RT, and it was great. Leaning towards RT at the moment
- RT steering wheel? everyone says option the leather for wear and tear.. how true is this?

Also curious on how different the ride will be vs the S. Will the GTS be noticeably more harsh or stiff? For instance on the 992, the GTS uses different springs, MUCH firmer ride over the S.
- i've noticed the same on my car but just turn off the rear fans, that said I doubt it would look cheap back there if you don't know, I assume you just lose the screen in the rear. If you're not having people back there then its probably not a big deal
- RT feels good, my only issue for that and the RT wheel is for me this car is a daily commuter and road trip car, there will be potato chips and soda in there on a regular basis and they will make the RT hard to maintain vs Leather. Otherwsie, absent outside contamintions RT is relatively easy to maintain with a damp cloth.
No idea on ride, with air suspension and muptiple settings I would think you can find something comfortable, I usually drive my S in Sport with one notch on the PASM and it's fine, full PASM can be a bit crashy in parts of town, I would imagine the GTS with 22s will be a level worse so probably drive around with no PASM mostly but dial it up when you find some fun roads.
The following users liked this post:
michaelp (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 01:59 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jo2134
You can get ventilated seats on the 18 way. I had 14 with massage and vent specced and immediately switched to 18 after trying them at the dealer. Go try them out if you haven’t before finalizing. Giving up massage for the secure feel of the 18 way was an easy choice for me.
Has anyone had the massage seats before? I've had them in a BMW and Audi and while novel didn't use them much, not really massage, just move you around. Not worth the $ in my mind and having to have 14s makes it even less appealing. But maybe Porsche massages are way better?
Old 05-17-2024, 02:06 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Buckett76
Std Cayeene or Coupe? I think the Coupe gets the center exhaust the regular SUV does not.
Correction, this is on the Coupe, I wonder if it has something to do with the Premium Plus contents, that said you lose the vented seats as they still force the houndstooth seat centers, so not sure why you would not get the center exhausts in that config? Also, if you pick the tow hitch then it does kick you off the package so I think it's just a website glitch

Last edited by Buckett76; 05-17-2024 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:09 PM
nickm1203
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The houndstooth is connected to Lightweight Sports Package, not Premium Package Plus. At least I think.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Oldboy52
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

For $0, I would pick the sport chrono package with compass display and sport exhaust with black tips in the performance section.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:07 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nickm1203
The houndstooth is connected to Lightweight Sports Package, not Premium Package Plus. At least I think.
Correct, the Premium Pack has vented seats so when you select both you loose the venting as part of the package as the LW forces the Houndstooth selection.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:16 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by thigos
The options when you select " Premium package plus Lightweight Pack" does not show the lightweight center exhaust listed as part of the package. It's likely just a mistake on the configurator, but when selecting this the rendering shows the split exhaust and allows the tow package to be selected.

Hey guys
I was told the configurator is still updating, so maybe we shouldn't etch our plans in stone just yet
Old 05-17-2024, 03:36 PM
bearcat2000
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 78 Posts

Has anyone had the massage seats before? I've had them in a BMW and Audi and while novel didn't use them much, not really massage, just move you around. Not worth the $ in my mind and having to have 14s makes it even less appealing. But maybe Porsche massages are way better?
I really like the massage seats. I would get them again for sure.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:47 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by bearcat2000
I really like the massage seats. I would get them again for sure.
I've had them on MY23 GTS. My wife seems to enjoy them. I could take it or leave them, I wanted the 18 way but that option doesn't allow it. So happy wife happy life.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:55 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

- i've noticed the same on my car but just turn off the rear fans, that said I doubt it would look cheap back there if you don't know, I assume you just lose the screen in the rear. If you're not having people back there then its probably not a big deal
- RT feels good, my only issue for that and the RT wheel is for me this car is a daily commuter and road trip car, there will be potato chips and soda in there on a regular basis and they will make the RT hard to maintain vs Leather. Otherwsie, absent outside contamintions RT is relatively easy to maintain with a damp cloth.
No idea on ride, with air suspension and muptiple settings I would think you can find something comfortable, I usually drive my S in Sport with one notch on the PASM and it's fine, full PASM can be a bit crashy in parts of town, I would imagine the GTS with 22s will be a level worse so probably drive around with no PASM mostly but dial it up when you find some fun roads.
Great point on RT vs leather. I’ve got a toddler that will occupy the back seat. Probably should play it safe and go with leather. I imagine 4+ years of small kid snacks won’t hold up very well. Maybe 2 zone better in that regard too, less things to fiddle with.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:09 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Originally Posted by michaelp
Great point on RT vs leather. I’ve got a toddler that will occupy the back seat. Probably should play it safe and go with leather. I imagine 4+ years of small kid snacks won’t hold up very well. Maybe 2 zone better in that regard too, less things to fiddle with.
This may help you guys with small children.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...tage-seatsaver
The following users liked this post:
michaelp (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 04:17 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

@Buckett76 i would say go sit in both seats they have a different feel. it depends on what u prefer. my girlfriend and i both preferred the comfort seats. we like and use the massage feature. the ventilation i have only used once but after the weather gets warmer i expect to use it more. the main difference is that the bolsters on the 18 way clamp in and out. over all the 28 way are sportier seats. the comfort seats felt more comfortable to us so that is what we have. the comfort seat have a more adjustable headrest which females like if they wear pony tails etc.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:15 PM
nickm1203
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Y'all have any thoughts the Club Barique interior? I typically like as much black as possible but that deep red has some appeal.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:39 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Default HGB facia, Fenders,Skirts, diffusor

How are we feeling about this? I'm on the fence.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:46 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by nickm1203
Y'all have any thoughts the Club Barique interior? I typically like as much black as possible but that deep red has some appeal.
i have the club barrique. i really like it. it has the cross stitched top seam too.

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders