Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 04:36 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KeylessGo
The rims are beautiful. For exactly 10 minutes after you wash them. I have the same and brake dust is horrendous
Oh no! That's exactly what we were concerned about! We're not sure how the neodyme wheels will look if they get dirty. Do you have any photos of this situation?
Old 05-20-2024, 04:38 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thigos
Really nice looking build! Chalk and neodyme are a solid combo, and I like the barrique interior! I haven't added the PECLA delivery to the build, so the dates posted are if it is delivered to the dealership.
Thank you! Can you also share your code?
Old 05-20-2024, 05:34 PM
KeylessGo
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 05-20-2024, 05:41 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KeylessGo
SOS! I need to reconsider this!!
Old 05-20-2024, 05:48 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by xuhuama
Thank you! Can you also share your code?
Here's mine, but the rendering is not accurate - it doesnt show the carbon roof, center exhaust, black plastic wheel arches from the Lightweight Package

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS7NYLY0
Old 05-20-2024, 05:57 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

I haven't shared it before, here it is: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS98YWM0. Chalk is my only choice lol! And I love barrique red interior very much.
I talked to my SA about the tires cuz we also had the same question on if we need to choose summer tires and he said in CA just go for all season one.
You have a 2-week production date earlier than mine but only 2 days of delivery earlier, I guess it might be the PEC delivery causing the delay?
Great build. I'm really starting to like the gloss black trim. Looks sharp on a lighter colors. Have you considered adding black roof rails?

Also just noticing this. Remote ParkAssist includes Surround View and Active Parking Support, not totally obvious from the configurator. Need to add this to my build. Has anyone tried Remote ParkAssist?

Last edited by michaelp; 05-20-2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 06:00 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thigos
Here's mine, but the rendering is not accurate - it doesnt show the carbon roof, center exhaust, black plastic wheel arches from the Lightweight Package

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS7NYLY0
I was trying to figure out why you have so many more options than I do, even though we're both in the US. Then I realized you chose the coupe version—very nice! It definitely looks sportier and more like something a guy would prefer compared to my config haha!
Old 05-20-2024, 06:07 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Originally Posted by michaelp
Great build. I'm really starting to like the gloss black trim. Looks sharp on a lighter colors. Have you considered adding black roof rails?
You're absolutely right. I love the high gloss black side skirt so much more than the plastic ones on the basic and S models. I was worried that if the GTS this year has the side skirts in the exterior color, I would rather choose the Cayenne S! I don't think i will be using the rail so i will pass it.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:58 PM
qwerrewq
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're absolutely right. I love the high gloss black side skirt so much more than the plastic ones on the basic and S models. I was worried that if the GTS this year has the side skirts in the exterior color, I would rather choose the Cayenne S! I don't think i will be using the rail so i will pass it.
Hi again!! When I saw your ID earlier I was guessing it might be you. Now seeing your config it's confirmed. We chatted in xhs. xD
Old 05-20-2024, 11:05 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by nickm1203
The houndstooth is connected to Lightweight Sports Package, not Premium Package Plus. At least I think.
Yes and for some stupid reason, it is also tied to the center exhaust which precludes a tow hitch.

Last edited by scott40; 05-21-2024 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:20 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Originally Posted by qwerrewq
Hi again!! When I saw your ID earlier I was guessing it might be you. Now seeing your config it's confirmed. We chatted in xhs. xD
Hi! Oh you are in TX so it was my husband who chatted with you on xhs lol.

Last edited by xuhuama; 05-20-2024 at 11:29 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-21-2024, 01:12 AM
Ghaley50
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Remote park assist

Originally Posted by michaelp

Also just noticing this. Remote ParkAssist includes Surround View and Active Parking Support, not totally obvious from the configurator. Need to add this to my build. Has anyone tried Remote ParkAssist?
Yes, I had iInnodrive and park assist on my23 Cayenne GTS. The innodrive is ok but I didn't spec it on My25 Cayenne GTS . I realized the fun part of owning a Porsche is driving it yourself ! The remote park assist for me was useless because I don't park my cars that close to others to avoid door dings, so with that being said I wouldn't use remote assist to pull my car out.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ghaley50:
jimdillard (07-12-2024), mdrobc1213 (05-23-2024), michaelp (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 09:45 AM
patgilm
Track Day

My wife and I were looking at getting a Cayenne S but then news of the GTS came out and I am glad we waited. This would be our first Porsche and we are coming from a BMW X7 M50i. Now that we don't think we need third row seating anymore the options really opened up. We test drove the X5M (way too stiff/harsh), GLE63 AMG (transmission was terrible and the car felt heavy), RR sport (too slow) and the Porsche Cayenne (perfect blend of sport and comfort).

We were at the dealership yesterday sitting in a number of cars so we could figure out what seats we would get. I really like the 18 way seats but I think my wife likes the 14 way seats. She ruled out Race Tex so we would choose leather. There are so many options it is somewhat overwhelming and the price adds up quick.I have a few questions if someone is willing to help out. I have been doing searches here and online but still need some guidance.

1. We are looking at black leather interior, is the Club Leather with cross stitching worth the extra cost?
2. I picked the Sport Design package and it says the skirts and wheel arches are painted the same as the body color. Is the standard color flat black plastic or gloss black on the GTS and if we are looking at getting chromite black is it worth getting the Sport Design since it is black anyway?
3. Similar to question 2 above, we are thinking about getting the side mirrors painted the same color as the car. Is the standard color flat black plastic or gloss black?
4. We think we would pick the Sport Chrono Package, is the upgrade to the Sport Chrono Package with Sport Design Subsecond Clock worth the cost? Seems to cost a lot for a subsecond clock but I'm not sure what it really does or if I would really use it.
5.I'm a little confused on the option for Interior Trim in Leather for $1,550. I thought most of the dash and doors were leather already, what additional leather does this add? Is this option worth it?
6. I don't see a lot of people on this thread adding the upgraded Burmeister sound system which is a pretty expensive option. Do most here think the Bose is adequate? I have the B&W sound system in my BMW and to me it is just ok but it wasn't that expensive compared to the Burmeister here. I would hate to spend close to $6k for a sound system that didn't blow me away.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:51 AM
qwerrewq
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi! Oh you are in TX so it was my husband who chatted with you on xhs lol.
haha I figured the user here is one of you! What a small world
Old 05-21-2024, 09:57 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

I have an additional question. If you go with the 18 way sports seats in leather is there a way to put the GTS emblem on the headrests instead of the Porsche logo for $600? I also like the 18 way sports seats but concerned they may be too confining and it seemed as though you have to climb over the side bolster to exit. This will be my 5th Cayenne and I've only had the 14 ways comfort seats.

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders