Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 01:36 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cachemoney
Got a call this morning about the first allocations from Porsche Albuquerque. Secured the first slot for an August build date.
wow August is nuts. I’m locked in for 9/27 and was pretty excited about that
Old 05-15-2024, 02:06 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 708 Likes on 494 Posts

Just mu $0.02 worth; I just build a GTS with all of the options I would want and similarly an S (with Sport Design). As with the pre 2024 GTS/S models, I've concluded that if you want the sport Design package and PSE on an S, it will be about the same price as a GTS. If you don't like the louder GTS exhaust and slightly firmer ride, then the S is for you. If you want those options and edgier handling, the GTS is the better value, because the GTS comes with some additional standard stuff.
Old 05-15-2024, 03:45 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 100 Posts

Ok, thinking this will be the build code PSV8GEW6, at least until I get home tonight and change my mind
Old 05-15-2024, 04:15 PM
Cachemoney
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I was pumped too. Dealer said one allocation was for August build and the other two were September builds.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:16 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckett76
Ok, thinking this will be the build code PSV8GEW6, at least until I get home tonight and change my mind
Solid spec. I dig it.

I am still trying to decide between the coupe and the standard body. If I go coupe, it would be with the lightweight pack as I don't want a pano roof (Texas).

Here's my list of must haves:
PDCC
RWS
Leather steering wheel.

Undecided on Thermal glass - i want it for the heat/UV, but apparently it causes cell signal issues. Also undecided on color - Leaning quartzite gray but carmine and chalk are in the mix too.

Here's the current direction I'm going:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4YIMX8

Are the GTS iron brakes the same as for the S?

Last edited by thigos; 05-15-2024 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:35 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thigos
Solid spec. I dig it.

I am still trying to decide between the coupe and the standard body. If I go coupe, it would be with the lightweight pack as I don't want a pano roof (Texas).

Here's my list of must haves:
PDCC
RWS
Leather steering wheel.

Undecided on Thermal glass - i want it for the heat/UV, but apparently it causes cell signal issues. Also undecided on color - Leaning quartzite gray but carmine and chalk are in the mix too.

Here's the current direction I'm going:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4YIMX8

Are the GTS iron brakes the same as for the S?
Looks good!
I didn't realize the Lightweight pack also had the option to Matte the black trim. I think that goes well with the Metallic colors (better than gloss in my mind), I like the grey, it was on my list too and at least they kept that in the 'cheap' paint section. I nixed Chalk as i've seen it look like dirty white in some lighting situations, would have gone Arctic over that but that is all preference, no wrong answer.
I beleive the brakes are same as turbo but i haven't found the data to confirm, I think they are 10 pot up front though vs. 6 on the S. So maybe turbo front and S rear? still looking for confirmation on that front. There are some threads on the thermal glass and seems mixed insights, i skipped it as I don't have it now so not missing anything also I plan to tint the side and put Exosheild on the windscreen so that will be enough for the weather around here (CO), and if something does break it will be cheaper to replace.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:34 PM
nickm1203
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The "chapter" on the GTS on the Porsche website says 6 pot front and 4 pot rear. Disc size is 410 and 365 respectively.

I will be declining the thermal glass due to cell phone concerns. I have ceramic tint now and that works very well for me.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:36 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckett76
Looks good!
I didn't realize the Lightweight pack also had the option to Matte the black trim. I think that goes well with the Metallic colors (better than gloss in my mind), I like the grey, it was on my list too and at least they kept that in the 'cheap' paint section. I nixed Chalk as i've seen it look like dirty white in some lighting situations, would have gone Arctic over that but that is all preference, no wrong answer.
I beleive the brakes are same as turbo but i haven't found the data to confirm, I think they are 10 pot up front though vs. 6 on the S. So maybe turbo front and S rear? still looking for confirmation on that front. There are some threads on the thermal glass and seems mixed insights, i skipped it as I don't have it now so not missing anything also I plan to tint the side and put Exosheild on the windscreen so that will be enough for the weather around here (CO), and if something does break it will be cheaper to replace.
I'm a big fan of chalk for where I live because it almost never looks dirty/dusty, but my touring is chalk so not sure about two chalk cars.... I also really like Arctic and would probably go with that, but my brother has an arctic cayenne and we work together. Agree you can't go wrong. decisions decisions.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:37 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

PSX784H6

Any thoughts?
Old 05-15-2024, 08:08 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
PSX784H6

Any thoughts?
nice build, turbo GT wheels look great. I’m pretty undecided on the black door handles versus standard body color for continuity.

does anyone have experience with PDCC on a Cayenne? I see a lot of builds with it but somewhat unclear on how much daily value I would get out of it
Old 05-15-2024, 08:13 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

I have it on my 4th Cayenne and really enjoy it. Great Corning at speeds. It’s only money !🤪
Old 05-15-2024, 08:42 PM
raysmd
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

on the configurator, ""SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black 2D5" changes the trim to exterior color, but it says "high gloss black" so which is it?
Old 05-15-2024, 08:45 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd
on the configurator, ""SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black 2D5" changes the trim to exterior color, but it says "high gloss black" so which is it?
It will be like the sport design package in high gloss black that the non GTS models get which gives you the grille, vent slat surrounds and rear diffuser
Old 05-15-2024, 09:05 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raysmd
Yeah, it's confusing, but my take is certain parts will be made gloss black, while other parts revert to body color, specifcially the C section of the front grill and rear defuser will be gloss black.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:12 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nickm1203
The "chapter" on the GTS on the Porsche website says 6 pot front and 4 pot rear. Disc size is 410 and 365 respectively.

I will be declining the thermal glass due to cell phone concerns. I have ceramic tint now and that works very well for me.
Ah, thanks, that's marginally bigger than the S in the rear which are stated at 410/358, but I assume the same calipers. Although the new S did get an upgrade from the .1 setup which were smaller discs overall (390/330)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders