Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 04:21 PM
10-4
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GTS already has the Sports Design package but the bottom half is in gloss black. If you want the painted color you would need to select one of the sports design package and it will paint it in the body color
Old 05-16-2024, 04:35 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 375 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by xuhuama
I received an email from my dealer and I can track it via the link in it. But when I log in my porsche app, there is nothing under "Vehicle". It requires the vin to add a vehicle.
the build needs to be linked to your my porsche id. since the vin doesn't exist early on, my guess is the dealer would need to do this for you.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:58 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 10-4
The GTS already has the Sports Design package but the bottom half is in gloss black. If you want the painted color you would need to select one of the sports design package and it will paint it in the body color
Thank you! Is there any way to get the houndstooth interior in the regular GTS or get it in the coupe with the towing package? Why limit it to center tail pipe only vehicles that can’t tow?!
Old 05-16-2024, 05:08 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
the build needs to be linked to your my porsche id. since the vin doesn't exist early on, my guess is the dealer would need to do this for you.
Thank you! I will ask him to do so.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:19 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 375 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Thank you! Is there any way to get the houndstooth interior in the regular GTS or get it in the coupe with the towing package? Why limit it to center tail pipe only vehicles that can’t tow?!
They have the houndstooth tied to the lightweight package, and the lightweight package is that I am guessing precludes the towing. So what you can do is order w houndstooth/lightweight, and add the towing after the fact. I think it cost about 3k to add towing after the fact. If you are working w your dealer, they might make a deal w you to add the towing at a discount to your houndstooth vehicle.

Going further, the lightweight packages I believe come w a carbon fiber rear defuser, and porsche doesn't make a rear defuser in carbon fiber for towing. So personal plug here, if you add the towing, let me know and I would be interested in buying your rear carbon fiber defuser.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:59 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
They have the houndstooth tied to the lightweight package, and the lightweight package is that I am guessing precludes the towing. So what you can do is order w houndstooth/lightweight, and add the towing after the fact. I think it cost about 3k to add towing after the fact. If you are working w your dealer, they might make a deal w you to add the towing at a discount to your houndstooth vehicle.

Going further, the lightweight packages I believe come w a carbon fiber rear defuser, and porsche doesn't make a rear defuser in carbon fiber for towing. So personal plug here, if you add the towing, let me know and I would be interested in buying your rear carbon fiber defuser.
Not sure that will work. The lightweight package has center exhausts, leaving no room for the factory hitch. I suppose a special custom-made hitch could be fabricated. But would the lightweight package include the factory wiring harness? Not sure.

The Porsche service bulletin for tow hitch retrofit specifically addresses the carbon fiber diffuser. It must be removed and replaced with a carbon fiber diffuser specially made for trailer hitch.

Here’s another post addressing the tow hitch with center exhaust:

Originally Posted by NeunEinsEins
I poked around under my TGT and actually there is a void between the twin pipes where a receiver hitch could sit, obviously one would have to cut into that serrated diffuser area but at least it isn't carbon fiber. A different kind of hitch structure would need to be developed using thick sheet steel, say 1/4", rather than the typical square tube, as things are fairly tight in there with the suitcase muffler, but there is sufficient room for such a design. Likely it would be for bike loads rather than an actual trailer. However I don't think a hitch manufacturer would find it worthwhile investing in the design and certification for something that only has a couple thousand TGTs as an addressable market, of which only a small percentage of those might want to purchase such a hitch.

Last edited by Schnave; 05-16-2024 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:18 PM
10-4
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coupe of questions for the community since I am so indecisive.

1. race tex or leather?
2. Sports design “SD” that comes with GTS vs SD with painted bottom?
3. What color you think is best for the GTS. Was thinking Carmine Red but afraid it would attract too much attention.

Last edited by 10-4; 05-16-2024 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:02 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

1. race tex or leather?
3. What color you think is best for the GTS. Was thinking Carmine Red but afraid it would attract too much attention.
My GTS SUV (not coupe) build:
1. GTS Racetex interior — leaning towards the GTS interiors, since it’s unique to the GTS. but might change my mind before lock. Will I miss the ventilated seats? Which will wear better? I’ve got a kid.
2. Painted Bottoms. Think it works better on the SUV. Coupe could go either way.
3. Carmine Red is great on smaller sports cars, but on a large SUV not my thing. Quartzite Grey. Keeping it understated.

I have a 992 GTS which I bought pre-owned. It has the leather interior. I kind of wish it had the GTS interior. The ventilated seats are nice, but I seldom use it. Will not miss.. probably.

Last edited by michaelp; 05-16-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:31 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

1. race tex or leather?
Leather all the way for me. The GTS interior is unique but the fabric with race tex combo feels kind of cheap in my opinion. Black club leather with deviated stitching is a much more premium combo for me.

Painted bottom is very subjective and I think how it works would vary by exterior color. I plan to swap out my 24’ S for a GTS in 2-3 years and as of now would go chalk with high gloss black bottom. Gives the car a very sporty look and unique to the GTS vs looking like a Cayenne base or S with the sport design package.

As above said a big red 5000lb SUV is a no for me. I think Chalk, Quartzite Grey, Arctic Grey and Cashmere complement the car very nicely.
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (07-12-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 09:49 PM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 100 Posts

1. race tex or leather?
You'll probably get many answers so not sure it will help, but my $0.02:
1 - What items? I would skip the steering wheel if you want easier maintenance, assuming this will be more of a daily driver. Seat centers 50/50, I use the ventilation so that is the deal killer for me, plus I have Race-Tex in my Spyder so don't need it in my Cayenne also
2 - Depends on color I think, on the config I think the black looks good with lighter colors and flat colors (Chalk, Arctic Grey, White, etc.) but I prefer the full paint with Metallic options
3 - I'm doing the Red, but with the HGB trim and bits, not sure I would go that route with full paint though, lots of red, the black breaks it all up better. It's all subjective but red is uncommon and will stand out more so it can depend on your use case and area I guess. I had the same concern when I got a Sonoma Green RS5 back in 2019, was concerned it would stand out, I may get bored of it, etc. but in reality I enjoyed having a more unique looking car preferred it to a more generic color. So now my general rule is to order cars in an actual color and lean towards 'launch' spec unless it's oversubscribed (although generally colors are not, the black/whites/silvers will usually account for 70-80% of all builds).
Old 05-16-2024, 10:01 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 820 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by xuhuama
I received an email from my dealer and I can track it via the link in it. But when I log in my porsche app, there is nothing under "Vehicle". It requires the vin to add a vehicle.
Negative you don't get a VIN until about a week or two before any Porsche enters production. Your dealer/SA enters your info into the system with your allocation/commission # and the system then will add the ordered car to your MyPorsche account. You will then see it when you log in. Give it about 48hrs from your allocation being received. If not call Porsche NA and give them your commission # and they can force it into your account that way also. Congrats
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (07-12-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 10:35 PM
xuhuama
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Negative you don't get a VIN until about a week or two before any Porsche enters production. Your dealer/SA enters your info into the system with your allocation/commission # and the system then will add the ordered car to your MyPorsche account. You will then see it when you log in. Give it about 48hrs from your allocation being received. If not call Porsche NA and give them your commission # and they can force it into your account that way also. Congrats
Thank you!
Old 05-16-2024, 10:47 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Can the lower black trim be ordered body color?

yes. Add the SportDesign package in either high gloss black or carbon fiber and the lower body trim will all match the body
Old 05-16-2024, 10:48 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

1. race tex or leather?
1. Theres nothing wrong with either...but you cant get 14/18 way seats with RT. My wifes Audi has similar material...wears very well and cool in summer/warm in winter.
2. SD also includes Gloss Black trim that is perfect with Carmine.
3. Carmine is my favorite color for the Cayenne. It stands out from other colors...lots of compliments. The exhaust rumble turns heads so a more conservative color won't matter much. If Lava Grey was available on the C I might try it for a change. Color is personal preferance so get the color you like, IMO.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:06 PM
Cmark777
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Soft Close Doors standard?

I noticed Soft Close Doors are no longer an option. Are they included standard in GTS?

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders