Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 11:24 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts
Thumbs up The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

I found out that several turbo GT allocations are now available.....have you ordered one yet? If yes what has been your experience with your dealer on pricing and if you built one can you share your build?
The following users liked this post:
BrTXGTS (07-31-2021)

Popular Reply

01-13-2022, 02:49 PM
jh001ace
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Default It’s home

Old 07-29-2021, 02:36 AM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTB
I found out that several turbo GT allocations are now available.....have you ordered one yet? If yes what has been your experience with your dealer on pricing and if you built one can you share your build?
Pulled the trigger, here is my build;

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PNGLHII2

I inquired at multiple dealers in SoCal who either wanted 10-20k adm or already sold their allocation, got a MSRP allocation out of state.
The following 2 users liked this post by armanslr:
brucewinter (07-29-2021), daveo4porsche (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 04:16 AM
GeaTeaTrea
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, ordered a few weeks ago.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:48 AM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 118 Posts

i wonder if it will be fast?
Eyebalz (06-25-2022)
Old 07-30-2021, 01:47 AM
Stage7
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm ready to order one and have saved my configuration. My "local" dealer (of which I've purchased 2 911 Turbo S from within the last 7 years has been non-responsive to my email.
If anyone knows of a dealer who has an allocation (preferrably @ msrp), I would appreciate a pm. Thanks in advance, it looks like an awesome SUV.
Addbuyer (12-24-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 01:54 AM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stage7
I'm ready to order one and have saved my configuration. My "local" dealer (of which I've purchased 2 911 Turbo S from within the last 7 years has been non-responsive to my email.
If anyone knows of a dealer who has an allocation (preferrably @ msrp), I would appreciate a pm. Thanks in advance, it looks like an awesome SUV.
Pm sent.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:24 PM
slumdog
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

I watched the Autotrader video on youtube and yes its fast but the turbo coupe body style is turning me off
Old 07-30-2021, 06:05 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by armanslr
Pulled the trigger, here is my build;

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PNGLHII2

I inquired at multiple dealers in SoCal who either wanted 10-20k adm or already sold their allocation, got a MSRP allocation out of state.
Nice! You may already know this, but it was news to me when I took delivery of my Cayenne from dealer inventory. The 8-way seats (on the 2020 vehicles, anyway) are not available with comfort entry, where the seat goes back & the steering wheel goes up when you turn off the ignition. That may not be important to you, but I was a bit bummed to find that out when the car was delivered to me. I'm over it now & it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the car, but any future Porsche vehicles I buy will have to have 14- or 18-way seats. It's so much easier for me to pull my purse out with me with comfort entry.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:17 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

I would have went for the 18 way seats but you can't get that combined with the Turbo GT special Interior, which is one of the features I really love on this car. I also didn't spec comfort access or soft close doors. I have comfort access on my 911 and rarely use it. I also didn't spec ACC which probably is strange but I honestly never use any of those features. The only comfort features I picked were Surround View so my fiance doesn't curb the wheels and LCA which is nice to have.

How do you like your GTS?
Old 07-30-2021, 06:22 PM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

I placed my order with my local dealer and received a December build, with a February 4, 2022 delivery.

any thoughts on my build?

Cayenne Turbo GT

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPMFR56. Arctic Grey

Or

Cayenne Turbo GT
Jul 31, 2021PN2TNJ45. Chalk

slight changes

Last edited by brucewinter; 07-30-2021 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:34 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by armanslr
Thanks!

I would have went for the 18 way seats but you can't get that combined with the Turbo GT special Interior, which is one of the features I really love on this car. I also didn't spec comfort access or soft close doors. I have comfort access on my 911 and rarely use it. I also didn't spec ACC which probably is strange but I honestly never use any of those features. The only comfort features I picked were Surround View so my fiance doesn't curb the wheels and LCA which is nice to have.

How do you like your GTS?
I haven't paid enough attention to the Turbo GT to realize that there's any special interior! Very happy with my GTS. It's got all the power & comfort that I need. Actually is far more car than I need or am capable of handling, but I think the GTS is the sweet spot for us in terms of standard stuff & price point. Planning to keep this puppy for the long haul!

ETA - that Lime Gold Metallic is a wild color! Very cool.

Last edited by macanakey; 07-30-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:01 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Nice build Bruce!

The only option I would add is a race tex key holder with painted keys in Arctic Grey or Neodyme.
brucewinter (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 07:04 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macanakey
I haven't paid enough attention to the Turbo GT to realize that there's any special interior! Very happy with my GTS. It's got all the power & comfort that I need. Actually is far more car than I need or am capable of handling, but I think the GTS is the sweet spot for us in terms of standard stuff & price point. Planning to keep this puppy for the long haul!

ETA - that Lime Gold Metallic is a wild color! Very cool.
Sweet, honestly the GTS is a sweet sweet ride but I am not a fan of the houndstooth interior, prefer the Alcantara which you can't get with the light weight sport pkg which was a deal breaker for me. The Turbo GT was perfect for me since it included the Alcantara interior along with the special sport exhaust and all the light weight package add ons as well.

Thank you!!! I was on the hunt for a 911 for a very long time but wanted a very unique build and I hit the jackpot, the interior is extended espresso leather with lime gold deviated thread, and best part is it only had 5K miles on it.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:53 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well. So I ordered my Cayenne Turbo GT yesterday with a December Build w/February’22 delivery. Super Excited!! Still on the fence with Artic Gray or Chalk? Anyway, paying MSRP minus 5% for being a loyal customer at my dealership. Clearly it’s an amazing dealership in Central Jersey and I love to support them. I’ll post the build when I get a chance. I do have a question? When you order the Turbo GT Interior do you still need to get the extended leather if you want that option? Case in point, the steering column in leather? Does it come with it? Dealership is not sure of that. Thoughts? Jose
Old 07-30-2021, 08:02 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Congrats!

5% off wow that is amazing, over here dealers wanted 10-20k over MSRP. My build has the Turbo GT Interior but I do not have Extended Leather so I do not believe you need to add that option. I do not think the steering column is standard in leather, because it is a $660 option.
brucewinter (07-30-2021)

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?