Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 09:33 PM
gstahl
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a funny Cayenne vs Urus comparison... when automatic webpage generators go badly wrong, this was the complete "Brakes" section...
The Cayenne Coupe Turbo has standard air brakes, which adjust the spoiler automatically during high-speed braking in order to shorten stopping distances. The Urus doesn’t offer air brakes.
I am not sure it is correct as I have not heard anyone mention the spoiler reconfiguring for braking (does the spoiler on the cayenne deploy during braking, I thought it is just deployed at highway and above speed for aero), in anywise just sounds so wrong... hey, got a question about them thar air brakes.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:57 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,692 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by gstahl
I am not sure it is correct as I have not heard anyone mention the spoiler reconfiguring for braking (does the spoiler on the cayenne deploy during braking, I thought it is just deployed at highway and above speed for aero), in anywise just sounds so wrong... hey, got a question about them thar air brakes.
Yes! It has air brakes. 👍🏼 Excerpt from pages 16-17 of the Porsche Cayenne Technology press kit, attached:

Cayenne Turbo with world’s first adaptive roof spoiler and air brake
In the new Cayenne Turbo, Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) transitions into the SUV segment. The top-of-the-range model is the first vehicle in its class with a specific adaptive roof spoiler. As in the 911 Turbo, the spoiler adapts the aerodynamics and downforce to suit the driving conditions.

In its initial position, the spoiler is a seamless continuation of the roof contour and forms a shape that optimises the flow of air over the Cayenne. Above speeds of 160 km/h, the roof spoiler tilts by six degrees into the performance position, increasing the stabilising force on the rear axle up to maxi- mum speed. If the driver switches to Sport Plus mode, the spoiler changes to a 12.6-degree position that increases the road holding of the tyres for even sportier dynamics on fast bends. If the optional panoramic roof system is open, the spoiler adjusts to an angle of 19.9 degrees at speeds in excess of 160 km/h, helping to balance out air turbulence.

The fifth position – “Airbrake” is spectacular and highly effective. When the vehicle brakes rapidly at speeds between 170 km/h and 270 km/h, the spoiler panel extends to a 28.2-degree position. The spoiler functions as an air brake, which acts to increase the pressure on the rear axle and boost stability during braking. At full braking from a speed of 250 km/h, the airbrake position reduces the braking distance by up to two metres.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
PAG_Cayenne_TW_PM_EN.pdf (292.2 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Schnave; 08-06-2021 at 01:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
gstahl (08-05-2021), oneplusinc (10-10-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 09:41 AM
fumanchunyc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your order. Am still waiting for my dealer to let me know when they will be receiving an allocation. I am also in the Northeast, am being told am the #1 on the list, but really nothing in sight. I have considered myself a great client of that specific dealership having acquired no fewer than 7 new Porsches over the last 20 years, but have never been offered a "loyalty customer" discount. MSRP is the rule...and when it is a GT3 or something like that, a "market price" which is a code for the usual premium. Any advice?
Old 09-27-2021, 01:08 PM
duke5021
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanchunyc
Congrats on your order. Am still waiting for my dealer to let me know when they will be receiving an allocation. I am also in the Northeast, am being told am the #1 on the list, but really nothing in sight. I have considered myself a great client of that specific dealership having acquired no fewer than 7 new Porsches over the last 20 years, but have never been offered a "loyalty customer" discount. MSRP is the rule...and when it is a GT3 or something like that, a "market price" which is a code for the usual premium. Any advice?
Find a new dealer LOL. Sending out emails is easy to the GM's and let them know you are shopping around. Provide a build code and see what they are able to do. Explain the situation, and how your currently dealer is not willing/offering any type incentives or support to keep your business, and you are exploring going elsewhere. Doesn't hurt to send emails.
The following 2 users liked this post by duke5021:
armanslr (09-27-2021), fumanchunyc (09-29-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 03:02 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Like Duke Said. Send out emails to various dealers, also call in and ask. In my area (southern california) all of my local dealers wanted an ADM so I found a dealer on the east coast for my allocation at MSRP. Sure its not at a discount but at least its not at "market price" I'm doing PECLA delivery cost ~$550, which I think is well worth it and saves me the hassle shipping the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
fumanchunyc (09-29-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 10:06 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanchunyc

Sorry man but you have been seriously exploited by this dealer but then I am not surprised because a lot of dealers in the NYC area are like that... which is why I have never ever entertained the idea of ever interacting with them when it comes to purchasing a vehicle from any of them. When I call them for service they tell me "Well we cant give you a loaner because you did not buy the car from us" and I am grinning ear to ear on the other end of the phone thinking "keep your ****ty macan for the loyal customers you rape on a fairly regular basis, I am good" lol!
fumanchunyc (09-29-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:02 AM
Hedges82
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to place an order for the Turbo GT! The lack of the 2+1 seat configurator killed it for me!
Old 10-03-2021, 11:21 PM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

I placed my order earlier for the Gt, and have an allocation for an early February delivery.

I changed by build multiple times, from a moderate dollar build, to a loaded dollar build, and back and forth. Multiple exteriors and interiors. Few safety features, to all.

here is my final build. My build locks November 3.

thoughts and opinions?

PNBYC8S4
Old 10-03-2021, 11:31 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Nice build!

I would drop HUD, innodrive and wireless charger.

Porsche HUD isn’t anything special yet compared to other brands.

I don’t even use Tesla autopilot which is a much better system currently then innodrove, but acc is a must.

Old 10-10-2021, 05:32 PM
oneplusinc
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Snagged an allocation at MSRP. Deposit in.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6CCSL1

Last edited by oneplusinc; 10-10-2021 at 05:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by oneplusinc:
brucewinter (10-10-2021), Hedges82 (10-11-2021), philg3 (10-10-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 05:39 PM
fumanchunyc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Looks great.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Hedges82
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing! Great build!
Old 10-11-2021, 03:39 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Welcome the club!
Old 10-12-2021, 08:49 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 117 Posts

Looking for a ready to roll build slot - ideally CA / fine for Midwest too.

Anyone have a lead?
Old 10-15-2021, 06:09 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Placed an order a month ago with a Southern CA dealer for mid-November build, and delivery in late January. Vehicle status is V210 -- Change Freeze Point reached. Deal is MSRP + $6,000. Most local dealers had no allocations available, and those that did asked for $10K - $30K premium. One dealer offered MSRP but didn't have an allocation -- I am a repeat customer. So I count myself fortunate to snag this prime slot (Nov build).

A motivating factor was this GT has great spec's, reviews, and is the closest SUV to a sports car. I sold my 2020 Cayenne Turbo for the same amount that I paid as new (not counting taxes), due to crazy market conditions. I noticed that Arctic Grey is very popular -- here's my build: PNDKEU47.
ProfD (10-19-2021)

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?