Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 05:06 PM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

I just heard from my dealer that my GT order was delayed 3 months to a May delivery, from February. The only good news is that I can continue to change my configuration. UGG
Old 10-31-2021, 11:44 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Bruce -- sorry about the delay of your build. You have a very nice configuration -- checked a lot of boxes. Could be the more boxes checked, the higher probability of a production delay due to part supply shortages. I check with my SA every 3 weeks for a status update, so that I don't pester him too much, and my last check (about 3 weeks ago) my build was frozen for mid November build -- on original schedule for January delivery. My option list is fairly light, so that could be in my favor. I will ping my SA this coming week, and will report back.
The following users liked this post:
brucewinter (10-31-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 03:28 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 63 Posts

I’ve been told there are certain options that leads to delays; and it varies with model, changes from time to time. Few months ago I heard Cayenne delayed because of 14-way seats.
One way to avoid significant delay is just skip these options, your SA should have these info.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:01 AM
brucewinter
Racer

Way too much waiting time!

new configuration thoughts?

Cayenne Turbo GT
Nov 2, 2021 PNHPAJ66

Last edited by brucewinter; 11-02-2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:13 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Just got a new Event Schedule -- mine was delayed by two months. Delivery went from early Feb to mid April. One concern that I have is the possibility of MSRP rising in the meantime.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:52 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Saw the Turbo GT at the Los Angeles (LA) Car Show. The Porsche folks got the key, and unlocked it for us, while the crowd was drooling. Interior was nice, and the seats were as comfortable as one might expect for a GT car / SUV— good (not too firm), but not as comfy as Porsche’s 14/18 way seats. Nonetheless, I’m happy with them. Rear cargo room was better than I expected. Satin Neodyme wheels looked fine with yellow calipers, and the hubs looked race carish. Exterior was Arctic Grey, and it looked great. All in all, no surprises.
The following users liked this post:
brucewinter (11-23-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 05:54 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Nice! I am heading down sometime this week, looking forward to seeing this along with the Taycan GTS
Old 11-22-2021, 08:12 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Some suggestions / hints if you to go to the LA Auto Show:
  1. Bring Covid vaccination records
  2. Bring ID
  3. Bring Mask
  4. You will go through a magnetometer
  5. If you wish access to the inside of a Porsche vehicle, bring paperwork proving you have one on order; most other manufacturer's car's are unlocked (not Porsche), and for good reason when you look around (not referring to clientele, referring primarily to unsupervised youngsters).
  6. Buy your tickets on line. The local Costco's are selling discounted tickets at registers, I believe it was 2 for $29+-. Senior on line is $12ea + a processing fee.
While I believe the LA Car show is the best on the West Coast, many manufacturers chose not to participate this year including Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Rivian. The only other exciting car, IMO, was the 2023 Z06.

This is my personal opinion, your's may differ.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:18 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by philg3
Some suggestions / hints if you to go to the LA Auto Show:
  1. Bring Covid vaccination records
  2. Bring ID
  3. Bring Mask
  4. You will go through a magnetometer
  5. If you wish access to the inside of a Porsche vehicle, bring paperwork proving you have one on order; most other manufacturer's car's are unlocked (not Porsche), and for good reason when you look around (not referring to clientele, referring primarily to unsupervised youngsters).
  6. Buy your tickets on line. The local Costco's are selling discounted tickets at registers, I believe it was 2 for $29+-. Senior on line is $12ea + a processing fee.
While I believe the LA Car show is the best on the West Coast, many manufacturers chose not to participate this year including Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Rivian. The only other exciting car, IMO, was the 2023 Z06.

This is my personal opinion, your's may differ.
Thank you! I just saved my build sheet order that I received from my SA to my phone. I figured the first 3 were standard, LA County has been that way forever it seems. Planning to go for 2-3 hours on Friday, already bought my tickets ahead of time. Stoked to see the Turbo GT in person!
Old 11-22-2021, 11:11 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 334 Posts

Saw the Turbo GT at the Los Angeles (LA) Car Show. The Porsche folks got the key, and unlocked it for us, while the crowd was drooling. Interior was nice, and the seats were as comfortable as one might expect for a GT car / SUV— good (not too firm), but not as comfy as Porsche’s 14/18 way seats. Nonetheless, I’m happy with them. Rear cargo room was better than I expected. Satin Neodyme wheels looked fine with yellow calipers, and the hubs looked race carish. Exterior was Arctic Grey, and it looked great. All in all, no surprises.
I configured my Turbo GT with the 18 ways and full leather interior. Exterior in launch spec Arctic Grey/Neodyme/yellow PCCB’s.

I prefer the look, feel and smell of Porsche leather more than Race Tex. The idea of having an aggressive exterior and lux interior also appeals to me.

Debating whether to add chalk contrast stitching.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:40 AM
brucewinter
Racer

Any thoughts to change the PCCB to black? Is the yellow/ Gold Neodyme too much?

Exterior in launch spec Arctic Grey/Neodyme/yellow PCCB’
Old 11-23-2021, 10:26 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

For the Turbo GT, the default build is with Race Tex -- new to me, looks good, IMO, it fits well with the GT racing theme, and I'm willing to forgo some comfort by not going with the 18W seats. The Race Tex interior looks special, and I went for that option. Resale value could be higher with the Race Tex, as some buyers desire authenticity.

I always analyze the initial marketing builds (colors, features, etc.), as prior to my builds, Porsche does extensive focus group testing. I've tried not to deviate much from the Marketing Builds. In previous Porsche purchases, I've typically gone with 14 or 18way seats, along with full leather -- most recently Truffle Brown Club Leather. No doubt, Porsche full leather is very nice, and is easy to maintain with the right products.

"Any thoughts to change the PCCB to black? Is the yellow/ Gold Neodyme too much?
Exterior in launch spec Arctic Grey/Neodyme/yellow PCCB’"

You could opt for Black calipers ($600 fee), or perhaps black or satin wheels, and keep the Yellow Calipers.. Yellow calipers signify PCCB -- so I kept mine yellow. Nothing wrong with going for Black calipers, if you wish.

Also, I believe going mainstream pays dividends for trade in value down the line. Nothing wrong with going for Leather option, if that's what you like.

Last edited by philg3; 11-28-2021 at 10:10 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by philg3:
armanslr (11-23-2021), brucewinter (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 11:43 AM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Agree completely with Phil.

My TTS has leather everywhere, tons of extra leather options checked and I love it, but on the Turbo GT it just doesn't make sense for me to deviate away from the special race tex interior. The Neodyme matched belts, and stitching will only make the interior feel even more special. Add the matching Neodyme sports chrono and tach as well IMO.

At the end of the day, get what you want. It's your car, and on a Cayenne albeit a limited production model, I wouldn't bank on resale being a deciding factory on what options you tick. Who knows, when you try selling you may be able to command a premium from someone who wants a Turbo GT with full leather interior, which will be much less common than the race tex interior.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:45 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts

Placed an order a month ago with a Southern CA dealer for mid-November build, and delivery in late January. Vehicle status is V210 -- Change Freeze Point reached. Deal is MSRP + $6,000. Most local dealers had no allocations available, and those that did asked for $10K - $30K premium. One dealer offered MSRP but didn't have an allocation -- I am a repeat customer. So I count myself fortunate to snag this prime slot (Nov build).

A motivating factor was this GT has great spec's, reviews, and is the closest SUV to a sports car. I sold my 2020 Cayenne Turbo for the same amount that I paid as new (not counting taxes), due to crazy market conditions. I noticed that Arctic Grey is very popular -- here's my build: PNDKEU47.
Did you get your car yet? Mine just went to V210 yesterday so trying to guestimate how long until it's built and is enroute to my dealer. How long did it take from V210 to be at Emden or on ship?
Old 11-27-2021, 02:54 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mattsrs
Did you get your car yet? Mine just went to V210 yesterday so trying to guestimate how long until it's built and is enroute to my dealer. How long did it take from V210 to be at Emden or on ship?
I wish. Last time I checked with my sales guy a few weeks ago, my build date was pushed back from mid November 2021 to mid January 2022 -- two month delay. I will check back in a week or two and report back, if there's any deviation.

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?