Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 08:24 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Might need to try to force the PCM to do a hard reset.
The following users liked this post:
raymort (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 08:26 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by Awolf16
Doesn’t look like it
Do you have another Porsche to test it with?

Do you have another phone to test it with?

Just trying to eliminate things.

I bet it’s the PCM software.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:27 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by armanslr
Might need to try to force the PCM to do a hard reset.
Anyone know how to do this? I had a Taycan, and there was a sequence of presses on the PCM screen to do this.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:27 PM
Awolf16
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raymort
Do you have another Porsche to test it with?

Do you have another phone to test it with?

Just trying to eliminate things.

I bet it’s the PCM software.
Works fine on my other Porsches, but none has this new version

Last edited by Awolf16; 08-12-2022 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:29 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Anyone know how to do this? I had a Taycan, and there was a sequence of presses on the PCM screen to do this.
I'm not sure because I haven't tried it but I think if you hold the volume **** down 20 secs it should force a reset.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:54 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,691 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Try this: Tap with two fingers as depicted and hold for 2-3 seconds. PCM will enter engineering mode with option to reset PCM.

From this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/th...boot-pcm.3021/

Video of the procedure here:

Last edited by Schnave; 08-12-2022 at 08:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
raymort (08-12-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 02:18 PM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default DD

Any comments about using CGT as DD ? Comfort ?
Old 08-23-2022, 02:21 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

I use mine as a DD, seats are comfortable, I have the thermal glass so most of the noise coming in are from the wheels, suspension is fine for me, I would say it depends on what your replacing. If your going from a S class or Range Rover it's going to be a more firm ride but for me I love my TGT.
Old 08-23-2022, 02:26 PM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Coming from a 2017 Macan Turbo, so thinking comfort level will be similar, but fun level will be way better !
Old 08-23-2022, 03:04 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Fun level is way better but it's not going to be as comfortable as a Macan Turbo, it will be a firmer ride for sure.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:30 PM
Georgemaser
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BTurbo
Certainly the best Cayenne I have had And I have had at least six cayenne Turbos. It can be quiet when in comfort mode or or you could have fun with it when in sport or sport plus.
and the suspension is crazy, so tight, hugs the road! Great vehicle!
Old 08-23-2022, 09:17 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

There are no superlatives to express how good this vehicle is. It's a thrilling ride every time I get in the seat and start it up. I find the comfort to be good, and I have the sport seats with alcantara interior -- essentially Launch Edition. Lately, I've been driving in Sport+ mode, and it's a very special experience. Many order the 18way seats, but forego the alcantara interior -- not as sporty, but perhaps more comfy. I like the alcantara and many ultra high end sport cars are equipped with this trim.

To answer your question as a DD, no problem with that as long as you have a good parking space in a crime free zone. I am careful where I drive, and will not go where valet parking is required. The vehicle is not overly firm IMO -- I was worried about that when I placed the order, but no problem on that account. Suspension can be adjusted for each driving mode.

More about performance. Acceleration is amazing, and all of the suspension handling systems are tuned perfectly and work in harmony. The transmission shifts very quickly like a finely tuned high end sports car. Zero turbo lag. There is a video review I posted recently on this thread that says Porsche eliminates the curves on roads as the vehicle handles so well.

Thermal sound reducing glass is a very good option, as the engine screams under fast acceleration -- you will still hear it, but it won't be a nuisance.

Many of us who ordered early, before any reviews, and no test drives purchased on faith, and Porsche came through.
The following 2 users liked this post by philg3:
Mcrov718 (09-06-2022), raymort (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 12:08 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 989 Likes on 429 Posts

Agreed 100%

Originally Posted by philg3
There are no superlatives to express how good this vehicle is. It's a thrilling ride every time I get in the seat and start it up. I find the comfort to be good, and I have the sport seats with alcantara interior -- essentially Launch Edition. Lately, I've been driving in Sport+ mode, and it's a very special experience. Many order the 18way seats, but forego the alcantara interior -- not as sporty, but perhaps more comfy. I like the alcantara and many ultra high end sport cars are equipped with this trim.

To answer your question as a DD, no problem with that as long as you have a good parking space in a crime free zone. I am careful where I drive, and will not go where valet parking is required. The vehicle is not overly firm IMO -- I was worried about that when I placed the order, but no problem on that account. Suspension can be adjusted for each driving mode.

More about performance. Acceleration is amazing, and all of the suspension handling systems are tuned perfectly and work in harmony. The transmission shifts very quickly like a finely tuned high end sports car. Zero turbo lag. There is a video review I posted recently on this thread that says Porsche eliminates the curves on roads as the vehicle handles so well.

Thermal sound reducing glass is a very good option, as the engine screams under fast acceleration -- you will still hear it, but it won't be a nuisance.

Many of us who ordered early, before any reviews, and no test drives purchased on faith, and Porsche came through.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 776 Posts

I came out of an 2019 MB S63 Coupe. The Cayenne is better in every way, except looks maybe.

Very surprised. Also got the thermal glass and soft close doors of that matters anything. We also have a 22 Macan GTS and I think the Cayenne is still more comfortable overall, but both air suspensions are very good and can’t imagine anyone complaining about being to hard. My 1999 X5 4.4 and AMG’s felt as if the rear axle was welded to the frame in comparison.

Both my Turbo GT and even Macan and Cayenne GTS sound very cool and the right noise level for me.

Plenty comfy and way, way, way to capable for Florida roads. Only thing, I wouldn’t order the 8 way again. They are fine but I’d rather have the more adjustable seats.

Best all around car I’ve ever driven / owned.

repost sorry
CayenneTGT:
https://youtu.be/-E4OhcCFVow

I don’t have onboards of our Macan GTS it’s a V6 obviously but still nice sound, Cayenne GTS also sounds very cool, even compared to Cayenne Turbo GT.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-24-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:53 AM
tnedator
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BTurbo
I'm using mine as a daily driver. Had a Q7 for four+ years, then a 2022 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, and now a Turbo GT.

It has the GT themed standard, 8 way seats (I didn't configure it), but has other nice to have DD features like adaptive cruise control, sound controlling glass, heads up display, etc.

Only real knock I have on the 8 way seats is no auto entry/exit slide back, which can make entry and exit a bit trickier, especially if you like the seat raised up, as I do. It's probably the only main difference I would have if I was configuring one from scratch. That said, they look very nice, and you stick to them with the fabric trim.

Otherwise, I could argue it's the ultimate daily driver. The suspension is tight, but not harsh. In comparison, I have a new GT500 and it jars you when going over bumps and on the highway, the engine drone is headache worthy. In comparison, I took the Turbo GT on a two hour (each way) trip last week on the interstate, and it was a pleasure to drive.

Put it in sport mode or hit the sports response button, and it gets louder, but in normal mode, it really isn't loud at all to drive, and amazingly comfortable, especially considering the incredible performance for a vehicle that size.

Last edited by tnedator; 08-24-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?