Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 10:48 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
I'm using mine as a daily driver. Had a Q7 for four+ years, then a 2022 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, and now a Turbo GT.

It has the GT themed standard, 8 way seats (I didn't configure it), but has other nice to have DD features like adaptive cruise control, sound controlling glass, heads up display, etc.

Only real knock I have on the 8 way seats is no auto entry/exit slide back, which can make entry and exit a bit trickier, especially if you like the seat raised up, as I do. It's probably the only main difference I would have if I was configuring one from scratch. That said, they look very nice, and you stick to them with the fabric trim.

Otherwise, I could argue it's the ultimate daily driver. The suspension is tight, but not harsh. In comparison, I have a new GT500 and it jars you when going over bumps and on the highway, the engine drone is headache worthy. In comparison, I took the Turbo GT on a two hour (each way) trip last week on the interstate, and it was a pleasure to drive.

Put it in sport mode or hit the sports response button, and it gets louder, but in normal mode, it really isn't loud at all to drive, and amazingly comfortable, especially considering the incredible performance for a vehicle that size.
I program one of the memory buttons for exit " seat back, wheel up". An extra step, but sadly it is an alternative to the unavailable option
The following users liked this post:
lazyace (09-07-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 11:10 AM
tnedator
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
I program one of the memory buttons for exit " seat back, wheel up". An extra step, but sadly it is an alternative to the unavailable option
Yea, that didn't occur to me to do until last night, and then I did program button three for low and back, with one being my primary, and still can use two for my wife. I used that this morning and works better than trying to get in with the seat in my normal driving position.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:16 AM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 17 Posts

How do you like it? I have a 2022 992 GTS and was bringing it to dealership for windshield replacement, he offered me a GT Turbo (I'd trade in my 992 GTS and 22 RR Sport V8). Is the GT Turbo that great? daily it?
Old 08-31-2022, 08:38 AM
fumanchunyc
Rennlist Member

Got mine a few weeks ago. $30K over MSRP from East Coast dealer. Interestingly, got an inbound last week from another dealer offering an allocation. My sense is that the market has softened for these.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:41 AM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Love the color! How do you like it so far? I was given an allocation to build (would trade in my 2022 RR Sport V8 and 992 GTS) and debating if it was worth it overall. Sure I'd save some money per month/year but love to get your impression. Also, what did you do with the interior?
Old 08-31-2022, 09:03 AM
fumanchunyc
Rennlist Member

Thank you. Color is PTS Porsche Racing Green. Loving the car. Sounds is great.
Went all out on configuration and options but, in hindsight, would have changed a few things.
- Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass for $1,130. Finding myself having the windows opened most of the time to better hear the engine sound
- Night Vision Assist for $2,240. Probably not necessary
- Interior questions: Sports Seats (8-way) so i can get the fabric insert in the middle with the Neodyne stripe and the yellow marker on the steering wheel….don’t find them snuggle enough. Would get the Adaptive Sport Seats Plus and compromise on esthetics
- Also go the Central Tachometer and Sport Chrono in Neodyne…both for $840…have a hard time seeing the difference during daytime driving…may not be necessary, but a nice tough on the margin.
Hope this helps.
brucewinter (08-31-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Where are you in the Northeast? Might have a dealer for you, all about loyalty to customers in the area.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:52 AM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Do you enjoy as a daily? I have a 992 GTS but I am also 6'3" and 250lbs. There are so few so not able to test drive. My guy will put me back in a 992 if I don't like the Turbo GT but so hard not driving it (also, I brought it up to dealer, he's a good friend and has told me to hold particular vehicles when he could of made more money off me). I originally asked if I should tade RR Sport and 992 for Cayenne GTS and told me def. not. I walked in to get windshield replaced and asked the question, he said absolutely for that Turbo GT, he mentioned he can get me quickly back into a 992 but wouldn't be able GT Turbo, not sure how many they are making. Above comment did help and I very much appreciate you responding, it's not a common car so it's tough to get feedback from someone who actually owns and drives. Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:34 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 989 Likes on 429 Posts

The Turbo GT is a great daily, especially for guys who wants a practical daily that is also fun to drive on the canyons. I have driven and owned most of the Porsche models since the 996 generation and I have to say, Porsche has hit a sweet spot on the Turbo GT. It's definitely a lot better than the RR Sport and the only other SUV that I have driven that matches the Turbo GT in terms of "fun" is the Aston Martin DBX 707, but I don't trust AM's quality and service. The ride on the Turbo GT is stiffer than both in Sport and Sport+ mode, but it is quite comfortable in normal mode. I never drive my Turbo GT in normal mode though because I don't like how the transmission and the exhaust note is in the normal mode.

The Turbo GT is a heavy and tall car, so in the canyons, you will feel the weight and the higher center of gravity. Having said that, in the right hands, the Turbo GT will match the speed of your 992 GTS on the canyons without a problem. It's that fast.

Originally Posted by Mcrov718
Do you enjoy as a daily? I have a 992 GTS but I am also 6'3" and 250lbs. There are so few so not able to test drive. My guy will put me back in a 992 if I don't like the Turbo GT but so hard not driving it (also, I brought it up to dealer, he's a good friend and has told me to hold particular vehicles when he could of made more money off me). I originally asked if I should tade RR Sport and 992 for Cayenne GTS and told me def. not. I walked in to get windshield replaced and asked the question, he said absolutely for that Turbo GT, he mentioned he can get me quickly back into a 992 but wouldn't be able GT Turbo, not sure how many they are making. Above comment did help and I very much appreciate you responding, it's not a common car so it's tough to get feedback from someone who actually owns and drives. Thanks again.
Mcrov718 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 02:33 PM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Exactly what I was looking for... I really appreciate it. I just wanted an honest opinion on someone who has driven one as well as others. Thank you and I truly appreciate your help. Have fun and safe driving!
Old 09-06-2022, 03:14 PM
supershaft
Racer

Received 306 Likes on 161 Posts

I lowered my CT about an inch and it has vastly improved the handling. Very comparable to the TGT I test drove but lacks the sound. I'd still like to get a TGT that isn't marked up to high heaven one day.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:49 PM
Mcrov718
Rennlist Member

Do you have the Neodyme wheels? How do you feel about them? How do you think they will age with the car?
Old 09-08-2022, 01:24 AM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrov718
Do you have the Neodyme wheels? How do you feel about them? How do you think they will age with the car?
I have them, along with the Arctic Grey paint. Wheels and accents in the interior look great and should age very well IMHO. Obviously, taste is very personal, but Neodyme goes well on this vehicle.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyace
I have them, along with the Arctic Grey paint. Wheels and accents in the interior look great and should age very well IMHO. Obviously, taste is very personal, but Neodyme goes well on this vehicle.
Same here, looks great.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:03 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Neodyme wheels go very well with Arctic Grey IMO, along with the Alcantara interior, and sets the GT apart from the other Cayenne variants. I took delivery of mine in early April, and have no regrets on my wheel / color selections. Get lots of complements. Neodyme wheels are a subtle light gold / bronze combo, with a mat finish; they are not blingy. No need to wear gold chains around your neck when you drive this vehicle.

Before Porsche introduces a new model there are lots of considerations that are debated internally including focus testing. The Launch Edition was the result.

Some buyers may prefer a more conservative look, so there's always that option.

Last edited by philg3; 09-08-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?