Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 09:22 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by s85b50
Can anyone with a PIWIS III check whether conversion of mph to km/h on the center cluster (the one that shows big numbers) is possible?

US cars don't seem to be able to do so simply by going into units menu and changing metrics.
I can't say I'll be able to check this, but did want to clarify: you want just the digital speedo changed, and not the left speedo gauge, or nav, distance to empty, or anything else?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:43 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

I'm almost positive I've seen command lines with both the circular speedometer as well as the tach digital. Like several other things with PIWIS, being there doesn't mean it's going to work.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:05 PM
Bryan Sung
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure that's what he meant as other things you mentioned were changeable on PCM itself but not the speedo on the center underneath the RPM.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:14 PM
s85b50
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by runbuh
I can't say I'll be able to check this, but did want to clarify: you want just the digital speedo changed, and not the left speedo gauge, or nav, distance to empty, or anything else?
Yes, left speedometer and virtually everything else change from mph to km/h just fine, but the center gauge stays mph. I feel this is somehow an aftermath of country specific lock rather than an issue of the instrument cluster.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:30 AM
runbuh
Pro

Thanks, everyone, for the clarification/education. I haven't really monkeyed with those settings in the car, much less via PIWIS/Launch.

Edited - poor weather is my loss, your gain. I was bored.

Using my Launch x431: Instrument Cluster: Factory Setting-Factory setting units-Speed: change to "Unit_kmh". I did not go drive the car around after changing the setting, but the center/digital speed definitely changed to say "km/h"

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but I did not take my phone out with me. These came from the x431's camera (yuck)

Setting screen on x431

Before (set to Unit_mph)

After (set to Unit_kmh)

Last edited by runbuh; 02-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by runbuh:
iii (10-02-2021), Rolex (09-17-2023), s85b50 (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 11:11 AM
Bryan Sung
Rennlist Member

Odometer does switch, but the main speedo in the center does not change regardless of which unit you choose.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:24 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I recall the tach odometer having it's own line on PIWIS. Ill take pictures next time I connect. Again, having a line there doesn't mean it's going to work. There may be a need to change countries as well.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:29 AM
runbuh
Pro

Check my post - updated to show how to change the digital speedo on the center gauge:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17261429
Old 02-27-2021, 11:39 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Check my post - updated to show how to change the digital speedo on the center gauge:

Nice. On PIWIS it's a bit different, far more clunky.
If you happen to stumble upon race or track mode, let us know. Should be with or associated to the traditional normal/sport/sport+
Old 02-27-2021, 01:02 PM
runbuh
Pro

Would that be in the Instrument Cluster section? What does it do? I've seen some settings in IC labelled "Performance" and "Sport Chrono". They werre just simple Enabled/Disabled settings. I enabled them when I was monkeying with the speedo setting, just to see what happens, but so far have not seen any changes in the displays/menus. In IC, I also changed "Tube 4 bottom bar graph" from coolant temp to "Boost Pressure". That actually didn't change a darn thing (so far).

Last edited by runbuh; 02-27-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:27 PM
runbuh
Pro

Not sure which setting gave me this, or was it available all along? The ball moves in all directions (which evidently the Macan doesn't do when this is enabled).

Old 02-27-2021, 02:37 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lsb
I don’t have the tester this weekend but I will get a screen shot for you.

It was in vehicle maintenance in the additional menu section.
Would love to see those screen shots with whatever you changed whenever you are able to get them.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose Scandinavian as opposed to Germany or anywhere else?
Old 02-27-2021, 10:05 PM
runbuh
Pro

Here's the settings I used to enable the "boost tube", and the ability to have the boost on the custom 4-line view.

Getting the boost on the custom 4-line view is a tricky affair. You cannot configure it via the custom settings on the PCM screen. It won't "stick". You must do the following: Configure the "Individual options line 1" settings (Launch/PIWIS), switch the view from Customized to Vehicle (using the steering wheel controls), then switch the view from Vehicle back to Customized. At least, that's the way it works on my 2019 Cayenne S with no Sport Chrono. I prefer the boost tube at the bottom of the gauge.

Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options line 1: Boost Pressure (probably could use line 1, 2, 3, or 4, but I used line 1)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options-Boost/Coolant: Enabled (I think this is necessary for the "Boost tube" at the bottom of the gauge)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting - menu configuration-Performance: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting - menu configuration-Sport Chrono: Enabled (this does not magically give your car Sport Chrono)
Instrument Cluster: Tube 4 bottom bar graph - bargraph: Boost Pressure (also necessary for the Boost tube)
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting-individual options-Boost level/value: Available
Instrument Cluster: Factory setting-Factory setting menu configuration-Boost: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Menu configuration-Menu configuration right 2-Performance Monitor: Enabled (not sure what this does, might only be for hybrids?)
Instrument Cluster: Menu configuration-Menu configuration right 1-Boost: Enabled (there is also an entry for G-force) - I think this enables the drag/drop options for the custom view that you set via the PCM screen
Instrument Cluster: Boost pressure indication-Boost pressure indication 1: Enabled
Instrument Cluster: Boost pressure indication-Max boost pressure normal: 1.4 Bar (this is the default - I did not change this - if you flash your ECU for a performance boost, you may want to tweak this to a higher bar to show a broader/higher boost range)

Interesting sidenote: Front-end Electronics: Presentation mode of multicolor ambient and contour lighting: Enabled will force the colors to continuously cycle between available colors. It's about 2 - 3 color changes per second. Handy for demo, but irritating otherwise.

New menu choices for the Customized 4-line display. NOTE THAT BOOST DOES NOT "STICK" USING THIS PCM SCREEN

Boost Tube at the bottom of the gauge, and Boost on Line 1 of the Customized Display

G-force "Deceleration" option on the Customized 4-line display

Last edited by runbuh; 02-27-2021 at 10:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FerdinandAG (02-28-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 11:07 PM
runbuh
Pro

Has anyone heard from @lsb about how the matrix headlights were enabled?
Old 03-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Bryan Sung
Rennlist Member

Thank you so much!
I may end up buying X instead of PIWIS just for this. lol

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3