Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 08:55 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by don16
Okay, yep this is not the proper behaviour. That ball and line should also go up and down. Check out videos with it factory installed.

Must be something coded wrong or not coded all. Just need to find someone with it factory installed to compare.
It's going up and down, I didn't had a chance to check it properly.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:06 AM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
It's going up and down, I didn't had a chance to check it properly.
Any chance you could share all available coding for the performance gauges so I can compare to my coding. Or maybe just select all coding values for performance and g force and show me what values they have set via a video?

Trying to get it working on a macan but ball does not go up and down.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:08 AM
don16
Instructor

I think he only changed the scale, not the pressure itself. As far as I know, you cannot tune using PIWIS
Correct the scale was changed. I am tuned hence the the slight increase in boost pressure once the boost scale was increased. If you are not tuned changing scale will make no difference.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:25 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Correct the scale was changed. I am tuned hence the the slight increase in boost pressure once the boost scale was increased. If you are not tuned changing scale will make no difference.
Any chance you could share all available coding for the performance gauges so I can compare to my coding. Or maybe just select all coding values for performance and g force and show me what values they have set via a video?

Trying to get it working on a macan but ball does not go up and down.
I think I only turned it to activated. It's not appearing on the cayenne, only the 992. It may have a hardware limitation. Next time I plug the 911, I'll snap a picture.

Having some issues with battery maintenance due to low use of the car. The cayenne holds fine with its Li unit, the battery on the 911 is clearly undersized.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:55 AM
don16
Instructor

I think I only turned it to activated. It's not appearing on the cayenne, only the 992. It may have a hardware limitation. Next time I plug the 911, I'll snap a picture.

Having some issues with battery maintenance due to low use of the car. The cayenne holds fine with its Li unit, the battery on the 911 is clearly undersized.
That would help, there must be some default settings which differ between the Macan and 992, I have the performance gauge setup but the ball does not go up and down so I reckon I have some scaling or setting wrong. Hence if you could screen shot all the values set for performance and gforce ( theres a lot so may be easier just take a video, that way I can compare)

Btw which version of Piwis did you use to enable it for the 992?
Old 01-29-2021, 01:06 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That would help, there must be some default settings which differ between the Macan and 992, I have the performance gauge setup but the ball does not go up and down so I reckon I have some scaling or setting wrong. Hence if you could screen shot all the values set for performance and gforce ( theres a lot so may be easier just take a video, that way I can compare)

Btw which version of Piwis did you use to enable it for the 992?
38.2, that's the version I have that works with both cars.
39.7 won't let me code module per module, only options on F7
Old 01-29-2021, 07:29 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

After the battery freak out, all the settings that I changed that are not available in the PCM menu returned to stock. All the blings and banners, ACC settings etc.
it seems the car reversed some settings, likely related to the set country. The performance menu and the CarPlay settings are still there. The rest is mostly gone.

Annoying, but I'll redo it.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:52 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

From the 992, I'm not sure if it will help:
Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2021, 09:29 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm gonna leave the stuff way down below in place until I test some things in the morning. Tonight, using PIWIS, I put the car back in full auto start/stop mode (and put my headlights back to normal PDLS+). This probably turned my seat belt chimes back on. So, after letting the car sit off/locked for almost an hour, I booted up the x431 and compared things against all of the settings further below. There were only a few differences. So, to test and see if I found everything, I went in and changed the following using the x431:
  1. DME - Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2: change from Activated to Not Activated
  2. DME - Coding--Block07-Start_Stop: change from Present to Not Present/coding Cell Not Used (this generated an error on the gauge cluster - the drivetrain error where the 4-connected-wheels diagram displays)
  3. Front End Electronics - Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2:-AraStartStop change from Start_stop_prevention_allowed to Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed

Confirmed - this does completely disable Auto Start/Stop in the same manner as the PIWIS route using F7. This route takes about 5 minutes. The Start/Stop button on my home screen is gone and is not available as an option when customizing the home screen. On the Drive Settings screne (Normal/Sport/Individual), there is no Start/Stop button. There is no Start/Stop button option for the custom steering wheel button. This is all just like you see in the screen shots here: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17167985

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I took some time with the x431 to search through a number of modules for start/stop related settings (searching for "start"). With my Cayenne configured via PIWIS to completely disable Start/Stop (per the earlier notes in this thread), here are the settings I found. When I get a couple of hours, I will re-enable Start/Stop and then check the values of these same settings in hopes of finding out how to disable Start/Stop via the x431:

THIS IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. TO DISABLE AUTO START/STOP, ONLY CODE THE 3 OPTIONS LISTED ABOVE

Gateway:

1 – Deactivation of start-stop function: Regular Operation
Choices are:
- Stop Release
- Stop Prohibition, No Start Request
- Start Request
- System Fault
- not defined
- Regular Operation
2 – Coding--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-StartStop_support: None Installed

DME:
1 – Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2 - I think should show as Not Activated
2 – Coding--Block07-Start_Stop: Not Present/coding Cell Not Used
3 – Coding--Block08-Start_Stopp_LastMode: Default On
Note: other option in this field is Last Mode

Instrument Cluster:
1 – Coding--Coding byte 03--Start-stop filter: Not Activated
2 – Coding value 2--Extended codings II--Reset start-stop after every ignition cycle: Not Activated
3 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 28-227 start-stop battery protection: Not Activated
4 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 28-228 start-stop mode failure: Enabled
5 – Warning configuration-Warning configuration byte 41-333 start-stop in sport mode impossible: Enabled
6 – Warning lamps-Indicator lamps coding byte 2-22 start-stop display: Open

Air Conditioning (not to be confused with the other selection called “A/C”)
1 – Coding--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-Start/Stop_mode: Start/Stop Gen 2
Choices are:
Kein Start/Stop
Start/Stop Gen 1
Start/Stop Gen 2
Start/Stop Gen 3

PCM:
1 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons: Not Activated
2 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_clamp_15_off: Not Activated
3 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_over_threshold_high: Not Activated
4 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_standstill: Not Activated
5 – Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_displau_Start_stop_reasons_after_disclaimer: Not Activated
6 – Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Start_Stop_reasons_0x27: Not Activated
7 – Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-Start_Stop_reasons_0x27_msg_bus: Not Activated

Front-end Electronics:
1 – Deactivation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2: x431 says changing this is not supported
2 – Deactivation of start-stop function (climate control): Not Activated
3 – Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-hybrid_start_stop_swtich: Not Activated
4 – Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-AraStartStop: Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed

Last edited by runbuh; 06-03-2021 at 07:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by runbuh:
ctguy (02-27-2024), Userix (04-05-2023)
Old 01-31-2021, 10:30 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I tried the option "remember last mode - on" but it didn't work. It probably needs something else chosen.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:34 AM
runbuh
Pro

I tried the option "remember last mode - on" but it didn't work. It probably needs something else chosen.
Dang.

If you changed it using PIWIS, could you document here what version you used, and what you changed/where you changed it?
Old 02-01-2021, 12:49 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
Dang.

If you changed it using PIWIS, could you document here what version you used, and what you changed/where you changed it?
That same option you posted, using 38.2. It read and writes but has no effect on the start-stop behavior
Old 02-01-2021, 02:07 AM
runbuh
Pro

That same option you posted, using 38.2. It read and writes but has no effect on the start-stop behavior
Sorry to sound so dense, but I'm trying to get some clear guidance out there for everyone (yeah - including myself). I understand you were in Diagnostics, but did you go the F7 route, or did you go the DME -> Next -> Coding -> Manual Coding without menus route? There just isn't really a good step-by-step here for these things. I never actually figured this kind of change out in PIWIS. It would take less that 2 minutes to do this with an x431. Error codes notwithstanding.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:23 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
Sorry to sound so dense, but I'm trying to get some clear guidance out there for everyone (yeah - including myself). I understand you were in Diagnostics, but did you go the F7 route, or did you go the DME -> Next -> Coding -> Manual Coding without menus route? There just isn't really a good step-by-step here for these things. I never actually figured this kind of change out in PIWIS. It would take less that 2 minutes to do this with an x431. Error codes notwithstanding.
To get rid of the start stop, the only thing that worked at once was the F7 route, which the way I see, codes numerous modules at once.

I did not perform a search as you did, I believe if you go module by module (diagnostic- choose modules - next- programming - coding without rules) marking those settings as you wrote one by one the result should be the same.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:33 PM
runbuh
Pro

To get rid of the start stop, the only thing that worked at once was the F7 route, which the way I see, codes numerous modules at once.

I did not perform a search as you did, I believe if you go module by module (diagnostic- choose modules - next- programming - coding without rules) marking those settings as you wrote one by one the result should be the same.
If you code something via the F7 route, and then code something later via that F7 route, does the second coding session ovewrite your settings from the first coding session? When I did some coding via the F7 route, it did erase (reset) things I had coded with the x431, but I expected that to happen.

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3