Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 05:36 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
What power source are you using?

I am connecting to the terminals under the hood. I have it switched to constant voltage as well, so I was assuming everything was good for power but I did notice at one point that the PIWIS came back and reported a voltage that was roughly one and a half volts lower than what the charger was reading. Do you see the same values across them? And if not, which do you trust?

I was able to clear all of the faults and that removed the check engine light. I also was able to get the clock working properly, so we are back to square one - which feels pretty good. At least I haven't messed anything up. I might take another swing at it using 39.7 when I get a few hours to focus on it. Still want to confirm whether you guys have been using auto code or auto program.

Thanks. I do appreciate you guys trying to help me work through this.

Last edited by John__C; 04-25-2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:43 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by John__C
After an additional 6 hours of poking around, it still isn't working. All I have managed to do is to get the "check engine light" to stay on (and did I do something to break the clock time zones?)

Do you guys use "auto code" or "auto program"? I've done both now. To no avail.

I'm using 39.9. I tried booting to 39.7, but for some reason I don't get the "Maintenance of vehicle data" option in 39.7, just the "Vehicle data maintenance with PIWIS-ONLINE" (which obviously will not work).

I was not clearing the faults. I might go back and try to do that just to see if doing so clears the check engine light. Getting back to where I started might be a pyrrhic victory but that would be an improvement from where I am now.

What I really wish I could accomplish would be to make the car default to Individual Mode at startup. Then *** wouldn't matter because it is toggled off in Individual. I was just starting with *** because I thought it would be super easy. Are you guys aware of any solution that defaults to Individual mode? While I was hoping to enable Matrix lights and turn off various nags, at this point I'd gladly take the foundational win, declare victory, and move on to another project.
38.2 will help you, and you may need version 40 (for encoding the dashboard)
Old 04-25-2021, 05:49 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 757 Posts

Same here. Things worked with 38.2, I think I got a similar error with 39.7 (which is useless for coding).
Old 04-25-2021, 05:50 PM
John__C
Instructor

Originally Posted by FerdinandAG
38.2 will help you, and you may need version 40 (for encoding the dashboard)
I don't have 40. I do have a second disk with 38.2, so I'll swap it out and see if that works any better. Thanks.

EDIT: The secondary disk with 38.2 apparently needs some type of registration, so I am on hold for now waiting for support from China.

Last edited by John__C; 04-25-2021 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:55 AM
John__C
Instructor

OK. I believe we can now say with a fair degree certainty that my car has software that is different from what others are seeing. I was able to get 38.2 "registered" and working and so I proceeded into the maintain vehicle data screen. And here is what I saw...

Every single value was just like what you are seeing there. Unknown. It does not appear that 38.2 will not work for my build. I am back to thinking that the monthlong port hold software update likely did something more significant than we know. I am beginning to conclude that I may need a brand new version in order to have a realistic shot at making this work.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:06 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OK. I believe we can now say with a fair degree certainty that my car has software that is different from what others are seeing. I was able to get 38.2 "registered" and working and so I proceeded into the maintain vehicle data screen. And here is what I saw...

Every single value was just like what you are seeing there. Unknown. It does not appear that 38.2 will not work for my build. I am back to thinking that the monthlong port hold software update likely did something more significant than we know. I am beginning to conclude that I may need a brand new version in order to have a realistic shot at making this work.
That's quite odd, I've never seen that,not that it means much.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:14 AM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

could there be a problem with the quality of the programs you use? 39.7 for example
I saw several versions, the possibilities were different
Old 04-26-2021, 02:16 AM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Try version 40.0, this is the 2021 version
Old 05-12-2021, 04:45 PM
putek
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If someone would like to have 3D Surround View while parking, then could try to change (x431) Assist-> "KodienWert-P150Ansteueurung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-TV_3D_Presentation" from "Off" to "On"
Works on 2020 version with parkassist on board.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:14 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

This happens when piwis doesn't have the correct configuration files for the software/hardware versions of the ecus on car.

You will most likely need v40 for it to work.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Vital Signs
Instructor

Android auto is there. Not sure if added hardware would be required.
Has anyone got this working? Wife's 2021 Cayenne being delivered this week. We are an android family
Old 05-24-2021, 12:48 PM
Vital Signs
Instructor

Found this link so it seems to be possible.

​​​​​​

Just need to find myself a piwis III or x431

Last edited by Vital Signs; 05-24-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:07 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I posted the screen for that a couple of months back. I don't have a newer android phone to test, but the activation is there on PIWIS
Old 05-24-2021, 04:16 PM
Vital Signs
Instructor

Second question - is it possible to code in innodrive? Her cayenne has ACC and LCA. Do people who have innodrive find it useful? Also I think the full pdsl + is active in Canada as her build sheet lists it??
The following users liked this post:
JUN6817 (06-01-2023)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:43 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

I posted the screen for that a couple of months back. I don't have a newer android phone to test, but the activation is there on PIWIS
Indeed - look at John's screen shot, and note my post about Apple CarPlay wireless (the Google settings are in the same place):

Enable Wireless CarPlay in MY2019 that only came with wired CarPlay
- PIWIS 3: MIB2 (Zentralrechner) --> Manual Coding without rules --> Vehicle Configuration --> Bitfield (7) Apple_DIO_Wireless: On and Bitfield (5) wlan_5ghz_switch: On
- x431: PCM: Vehicle_configuration-Apple_DIO_Wireless: On / PCM: Vehicle_configuration_wlan_5Ghz_switch: Activated (seems to work - not thoroughly tested)
The following 2 users liked this post by runbuh:
elga (04-03-2023), JUN6817 (06-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3