Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021 | 03:59 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Originally Posted by freshslo
Yes, just three options.
In DME i can't find Activation of start-stop function--P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2, just writing Activation of start-stop function and i changed to NOT ACTIVATED
Then i change
DME - Coding--Block07-Start_Stop to NOT PRESENT. And when i go back to DME - Activation of start-stop function it's disabled, i can't change nothing. Probably is disabled because of DME - Coding--Block07-Start_Stop to NOT PRESENT.
Also in Front End Electronic i didn't find Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2, just found ARSTART-STOP which is already set to NOT ALLOWED.

I go to modules and then choose BRUSH/HIDDEN / MODIFIED and then search text which you write that i must change.

attached is list of faults, car on instrument cluster doesn't show any error, just x431.

car is in eu.
You messed with boost pressure and not auto start stop. Leave ECM and BCM alone, only go to gateway and make the change there. Telling the ECM the auto stop start isn't there when it is, will get you an implausible signal error since it is getting a signal from the stop start and yet you told it the module wasn't present. The gateway controls the auto stop start, and it gets signals from the front BCM, the engine, the A/C and from the battery voltage meter, which itself is connected to the gateway, to determine whether to stop the engine. As soon as the brake pedal comes is lifted, the front BCM notifies the gateway and the gateway disengages the start stop module. The stop start module has no brains, it simply is a relay. The gateway is the brains that determines when to engage this module. In the programming of the gateway, you will find the option to permanently disable this module.
The following users liked this post:
elga (04-03-2023)
Old 05-31-2021 | 06:10 PM
freshslo

Nope, in gateway is no option to disable start/stop.

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
You messed with boost pressure and not auto start stop. Leave ECM and BCM alone, only go to gateway and make the change there. Telling the ECM the auto stop start isn't there when it is, will get you an implausible signal error since it is getting a signal from the stop start and yet you told it the module wasn't present. The gateway controls the auto stop start, and it gets signals from the front BCM, the engine, the A/C and from the battery voltage meter, which itself is connected to the gateway, to determine whether to stop the engine. As soon as the brake pedal comes is lifted, the front BCM notifies the gateway and the gateway disengages the start stop module. The stop start module has no brains, it simply is a relay. The gateway is the brains that determines when to engage this module. In the programming of the gateway, you will find the option to permanently disable this module.
Old 05-31-2021 | 06:28 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Nope, in gateway is no option to disable start/stop.
I don't own this car so I went into the PIWIS for a Cayenne in simulation mode but here is where you deactivate stop start (Same place as my Panamera) This is the gateway module Coding/programing tab then select Deactivaing_of_start_stop_function
set to stop prohibation and save to deactivate stop start. Leave all other modules as is.

This is the selection page

Last edited by rbrunelle; 05-31-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add a picture
The following 2 users liked this post by rbrunelle:
biktel (11-14-2021), elga (04-03-2023)
Old 05-31-2021 | 06:31 PM
freshslo

Yes, i try this, but when you switch car off and then back to on is DEACTIVATING OF START STOP FUNCTION back to REGULAR OPERATION

also, if will this disable start/stop function also other members @runbuh will not complicate and disabled in other modules.

I don't own this car so I went into the PIWIS for a Cayenne in simulation mode but here is where you deactivate stop start (Same place as my Panamera) This is the gateway module Coding/programing tab then select Deactivaing_of_start_stop_function
set to stop prohibation and save to deactivate stop start. Leave all other modules as is.

Last edited by freshslo; 05-31-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2021 | 06:45 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Yes, i try this, but when you switch car off and then back to on is DEACTIVATING OF START STOP FUNCTION back to REGULAR OPERATION

also, if will this disable start/stop function also other members @runbuh will not complicate and disabled in other modules.
It does work, but you need the correct version (38.2) of PIWIS 3 in engineering mode. I can't speak to your tool. Sure you can tell the ECM to ignore the signal but it will error since it is getting a signal and you are assuming other members know what they are doing. Several were changing the auto programming defaults which is a huge no no. I can tell you that I have programmed and replaced almost every module (30 in total of 32) in a Panamera and have been using this tool for over 2 years.
Old 05-31-2021 | 07:25 PM
freshslo

It does work, but you need the correct version (38.2) of PIWIS 3 in engineering mode. I can't speak to your tool. Sure you can tell the ECM to ignore the signal but it will error since it is getting a signal and you are assuming other members know what they are doing. Several were changing the auto programming defaults which is a huge no no. I can tell you that I have programmed and replaced almost every module (30 in total of 32) in a Panamera and have been using this tool for over 2 years.
ok, i just ordered piwis3. When i get him i will try, hope it will work.
Old 05-31-2021 | 07:41 PM
runbuh
Pro

This is the selection page
This does not work in E3 Cayenne’s at all.
Old 05-31-2021 | 07:45 PM
runbuh
Pro

When did start/stop settings mean boost pressure?

I see why you mention the boost pressure, but, nevertheless, these are the changes that work. Many many many items in the x431 have that "Ladedrucksteller Bank 2" wording, regardless of section.

Also - which change via the Gateway would you recommend, as none of those options indicate anything about disabling start/stop (like what you would see on a Panamera)? There is also simply the "Last Mode" option, which I'm not sure anyone has tried (in DME):

Last edited by runbuh; 06-04-2021 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2021 | 12:05 AM
runbuh
Pro

ok, i just ordered piwis3. When i get him i will try, hope it will work.
What exact model/year Cayenne do you have?
Old 06-01-2021 | 01:10 AM
runbuh
Pro

How many 9YA Cayenne's have you coded? I have coded two for this with zero problems (both US Market, non-Hybrid).

Did you know that your Panamera and these new Cayenne's use completely different systems? Different ECU, different coding, heck, these Cayenne's even use newer keys that are not interchangeable with your Panamera. Your engine was made by Porsche if I recall. The new Cayenne's use engines made by Audi.

Your Panamera has a dedicated start/stop button. These Cayenne's do not. They only have a touch screen "home page" that can be configured to display a start/stop button, or you can assign it to the joker button, or you can cut off start/stop in the "Individual" mode (a programmable mode that your Panamera doesn't even have, IIRC). Part of the configuration we have listed earlier in this thread disables those options (to avoid errors).

Note that new Cayenne's always crank up with start/stop enabled. Nothing can be done to change that behavior without coding, and they cannot be configured for Last Mode. There simply isn't an option for that. Remember - we're not turning start/stop off here (so that you can push the start/stop button and turn it on if you want). You can't do that with these new Cayenne's. You have to completely disable start/stop.

Last edited by runbuh; 06-01-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2021 | 03:43 AM
freshslo

@runbuh:
i did exactly same as you write, but i cannot find string start/stop in front end electronic. Is possible that because of this did get error about all-drive system.
Old 06-01-2021 | 08:52 AM
runbuh
Pro

@runbuh:
i did exactly same as you write, but i cannot find string start/stop in front end electronic. Is possible that because of this did get error about all-drive system.
What model and model year Cayenne to do you have? Do you have a Hybrid version?
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:01 AM
freshslo

No, i have Cayenne MY2018 Model: S
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:12 AM
runbuh
Pro

No, i have Cayenne MY2018 Model: S
ok - just to confirm - you have one of the early 9YA's, released in Europe as 2018s? Your dash looks like the one below, with the wide touchscreen in the middle? The transmission shifter has a "park" button on the front, and your center console has no physical switches (really just another touch screen)?

Old 06-01-2021 | 10:42 AM
freshslo

Yes, exact same. I have new model of cayenne. 9ya and not 958!

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3