Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021 | 12:46 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
If you code something via the F7 route, and then code something later via that F7 route, does the second coding session ovewrite your settings from the first coding session? When I did some coding via the F7 route, it did erase (reset) things I had coded with the x431, but I expected that to happen.
I'm not sure, but I would not be surprised if for the sake of consistency Porsche re-writes the entire involved modules. I know that when my wife's car went to the shop for unrelated issue, they needed to re-program a module. As they were having issues, the reprogrammed all the modules. All the small changes I made in several areas went away.
Old 02-10-2021 | 10:52 PM
runbuh
Pro

I've updated my list towards the top of this thread with some items I found/tested tonight. Everything I try with regards to using the remote to open/close the windows, roof, and hatch produces nothing. Sigh.
Old 02-10-2021 | 10:53 PM
runbuh
Pro

Does anyone in Canada have PDLS+ with the full matrix functionality? If you have an x431, would you be willing to check some settings for your southern neighbors?
Old 02-11-2021 | 06:31 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Does anyone in Canada have PDLS+ with the full matrix functionality? If you have an x431, would you be willing to check some settings for your southern neighbors?
I have PDLS+ in Canada but not sure if that's enabled and I have no idea what x431 is. Can I help?
Old 02-11-2021 | 07:58 PM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I have PDLS+ in Canada but not sure if that's enabled and I have no idea what x431 is. Can I help?
Thanks for the reply. The x431 is a little Android-based tablet that can be used for doing maintenance activities (like when you change your battery or coding. it's a poor-man's PIWIS, but it isn't cheap. In our case (here in this thread) we are documenting what tweaks can be made to your Cayenne using a PIWIS or an x431. A great example is how to disable auto start stop.

One thing we want to figure out is if USA-based cars can be coded via PIWIS or x431 to enable the full matrix headlight capability. If you have a 2019+ Cayenne with the matrix headlights, maybe Canada allows them to have the full functions described in this post?
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17103436

if so - using an x431, you could poke around in some settings and we could see how they differ from our US-based Cayennes that have the right headlights (we think) but have the matrix capabilities disabled because NHTSA doesn't allow that in the US.
Old 02-11-2021 | 08:41 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply. The x431 is a little Android-based tablet that can be used for doing maintenance activities (like when you change your battery or coding. it's a poor-man's PIWIS, but it isn't cheap. In our case (here in this thread) we are documenting what tweaks can be made to your Cayenne using a PIWIS or an x431. A great example is how to disable auto start stop.

One thing we want to figure out is if USA-based cars can be coded via PIWIS or x431 to enable the full matrix headlight capability. If you have a 2019+ Cayenne with the matrix headlights, maybe Canada allows them to have the full functions described in this post?
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17103436

if so - using an x431, you could poke around in some settings and we could see how they differ from our US-based Cayennes that have the right headlights (we think) but have the matrix capabilities disabled because NHTSA doesn't allow that in the US.
Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I do not have x431. I'm not sure if we have fully enabled PDLS+ here either.
Old 02-14-2021 | 01:37 AM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I do not have x431. I'm not sure if we have fully enabled PDLS+ here either.
Thanks for checking in!
Old 02-14-2021 | 01:39 PM
lsb
Rennlist Member

Im pretty sure I got at least partial activation of my matrix high beams by coding the headlight switch(or hba, I forgot) to “Scandinavian”. Then park it in the dark about 100ft off a flat wall for 5 mins with the headlights on auto(they did a self test/calibration pattern). Then after a short drive on a dark highway(maybe 15mins) they started adapting.

With the lights in the auto position the high beam symbol would come on and stay on(before they were quick to turn off). I noticed the lights filtered out cars on my side of the highway(put them in a shadow that followed them in turns and lane changes), and also oncoming cars on the other side of the highways mostly noticeable in curves as it kills the leds like a wave. It did not seem to filter out the road signs but it did filter out tractor trailers.

Most of the times the high beams were not as bright as normal high beams, sometimes you couldn’t even tell they were on other they the blue symbol being on. Everything else is coded for “PDLS + matrix”. Coded with newest version sw in vehicular maintenance menu. When I turn on the car I get a message “headlights switched” and my headlights seem setup to drive on both sides of the road via the light pattern in switched until I get on the road(in my garage the beam is higher on the left and level on the right). Once I start driving they correct to the opposite pattern... weird.

There is also a activation test but I think it’s just to test the individual patterns and not a calibration. Functions are tied to assistance systems, HBA, headlight control units, frontend electronics, and maybe more.

*now I just need to figure out how to get the boost pressure readout on the dash of my Hybrid. Hope I can just code something as having “s” equipment because I don’t have access to the older s/w to code individually

Last edited by lsb; 02-14-2021 at 01:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lsb:
jsp3 (04-06-2021), sebastianPT (06-11-2021)
Old 02-15-2021 | 12:26 AM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by lsb
Im pretty sure I got at least partial activation of my matrix high beams by coding the headlight switch(or hba, I forgot) to “Scandinavian”. Then park it in the dark about 100ft off a flat wall for 5 mins with the headlights on auto(they did a self test/calibration pattern). Then after a short drive on a dark highway(maybe 15mins) they started adapting.
Any chance you can provide a screen shot of what you changed? I can't find the setting in PIWIS (yet), so a little help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2021 | 08:41 PM
lsb
Rennlist Member

Any chance you can provide a screen shot of what you changed? I can't find the setting in PIWIS (yet), so a little help would be greatly appreciated.
I don’t have the tester this weekend but I will get a screen shot for you.

It was in vehicle maintenance in the additional menu section.

*This was what it did when calibrating and testing functions on a wall

Last edited by lsb; 02-20-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2021 | 09:13 PM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by lsb
I don’t have the tester this weekend but I will get a screen shot for you.

It was in vehicle maintenance in the additional menu section.

*This was what it did when calibrating and testing functions on a wall
Thank you for the follow-up. My PDLS+ lights definitely don't do that on startup, so you've really got me hoping you found the magic key.

I put my PIWIS into simulation mode. The only "country" coding under the Additional Menu that I could find was the country setting for the whole car (first screen, first item, once you go into the Additional Menu -> Maintenance of Vehicle Data).

Old 02-24-2021 | 10:05 AM
putek
Track Day

Default Apple CarPlay fullscreen

I wonder if it is possible to set full screen for apple carplay by changing some settings through piwis.
Has anyone tried to find it ?
Look at this:
Old 02-24-2021 | 11:53 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by putek
I wonder if it is possible to set full screen for apple carplay by changing some settings through piwis.
Has anyone tried to find it ?
Look at this:
I'm pretty sure it's feasible, using PIWIS. The issue is the shear amount of information that the software has with very few clues.
A lot of trial with restarting the module every time. I have not tried that yet, if I see something that gives me confidence to try, I'll do it and post the solution.
Old 02-25-2021 | 01:41 AM
s85b50
Racer

Can anyone with a PIWIS III check whether conversion of mph to km/h on the center cluster (the one that shows big numbers) is possible?

US cars don't seem to be able to do so simply by going into units menu and changing metrics.
Old 02-26-2021 | 04:26 PM
Bryan Sung
Rennlist Member

I'd be very interested in this as well. Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3