Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 11:04 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by freshslo
Yes, exact same. I have new model of cayenne. 9ya and not 958!
Thank you. I saw the 9YA in your x431 screen shot, but wanted to be sure. Let me check a couple of things with my x431.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:01 PM
runbuh
Pro

Yes, exact same. I have new model of cayenne. 9ya and not 958!
OK - I found the problem for the third/missing change. In my copy/paste work of editing my earlier post, I clipped out the word "AraStartStop", which is VERY important. Therefore, the third coding change you need to make, which is done in Front-End Electronics, is below. Please note the wording in bold italics. This is the item you must change (I have updated my earlier post to reflect this, you can actually see the wording in "strike thru" text in that post.

Front End Electronics - Kodierwert_P150_Ansteuerung Ladedrucksteller Bank 2-AraStartStop change from Start_stop_prevention_allowed to Start_stop_prevention_not_allowed

Old 06-04-2021, 03:10 AM
freshslo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This ARASTARTSTOP is set by default to START_STOP_PREVENTION_NOT_ALLOWED ?!
Old 06-04-2021, 09:57 AM
runbuh
Pro

This ARASTARTSTOP is set by default to START_STOP_PREVENTION_NOT_ALLOWED ?!
I would suggest you put all coding back the way it was and leave your car alone until your PIWIS comes in. When the PIWIS gets there, go the route that @John Mclane has documented.

Perhaps @don16 can tell you how to drop a VAL file before, and after, you make the changes in PIWIS so you can see what changed.

I'm sorry this hasn't worked out for you with the Launch.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:01 AM
freshslo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm...ok... But car is working good with disabled Start/stop thru your instruction. Except one faults is listed in Launch only, but doesn't influence to the car.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:43 AM
runbuh
Pro

Hmmm...ok... But car is working good with disabled Start/stop thru your instruction. Except one faults is listed in Launch only, but doesn't influence to the car.
Your car. Your choice. You could always leave things in their current configuration and then try using your PIWIS to clear the fault. Perhaps the Launch is just not clearing it properly.

You are not getting any warnings displaying on your instrument cluster (not even the warning triangle)? Any other messages?
Old 06-04-2021, 12:15 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

There are two annoying software features that I would like to remove via coding. The first is the chime that rings when the tailgate is opening or closing. Can this be silenced? The second is the black box and slider that appears on the screen when the volume is adjusted. This black box takes over a large portion of the PCM screen and provides no useful information. Can it be removed?
Old 06-04-2021, 12:27 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by runbuh
I would suggest you put all coding back the way it was and leave your car alone until your PIWIS comes in. When the PIWIS gets there, go the route that @John Mclane has documented.

Perhaps @don16 can tell you how to drop a VAL file before, and after, you make the changes in PIWIS so you can see what changed.

I'm sorry this hasn't worked out for you with the Launch.
Using PIWIS, the only way I managed to get rid of the *** was a full code by the F7 menu. All else failed. Not only that, it's easier to mess up fiddling in too many modules for the same purpose. When it's a single thing (eg chimes, disclaimers), that makes sense. Innodrive, traffic sign recognition, ***, all have lines in multiple modules, adding to the chance of mishaps without achieving your goal.
We need the engineering book on PIWIS , but that's likely industrial secret.
The following users liked this post:
biktel (11-14-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 03:46 PM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Using PIWIS, the only way I managed to get rid of the *** was a full code by the F7 menu. All else failed. Not only that, it's easier to mess up fiddling in too many modules for the same purpose. When it's a single thing (eg chimes, disclaimers), that makes sense. Innodrive, traffic sign recognition, ***, all have lines in multiple modules, adding to the chance of mishaps without achieving your goal.
We need the engineering book on PIWIS , but that's likely industrial secret.
I can enable A/S/S and disable A/S/S by coding three entries. I have done it, and undone it, several times (4 times yesterday!). Each time I re-enable it, the start/stop icon comes back on my Home Screen (and it works), and A/S/S actually functions. When I disable it with the three documented changes, it's totally disables (no Home Screen icon, and no actual A/S/S). I get an AWD error each time I change it. I clear it, and it's gone. I've cleared it with PIWIS, I've cleared it with the x431.

I wonder if @freshslo has been trying to code this with the engine actually running? We know that's not gonna work, regardless of which coding route you take.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:12 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Using PIWIS, the only way I managed to get rid of the *** was a full code by the F7 menu.
in the new versions of Piwis, it is not possible to change the configuration via F7, it is only possible to view it. To change the configuration, an online PPN is required
it is possible to change the configuration via version 38.2, but this version does not have the necessary encodings for cars of 2019-2021.
for new cars, it is better to use both versions
perhaps this information will be useful to someone
Old 06-14-2021, 04:15 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by FerdinandAG
in the new versions of Piwis, it is not possible to change the configuration via F7, it is only possible to view it. To change the configuration, an online PPN is required
it is possible to change the configuration via version 38.2, but this version does not have the necessary encodings for cars of 2019-2021.
for new cars, it is better to use both versions
perhaps this information will be useful to someone
Well, mine is a 2020 and the F7 works, version that you mention above. I'm not sure about newer cars.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:21 PM
FerdinandAG
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, mine is a 2020 and the F7 works, version that you mention above. I'm not sure about newer cars.
in 38.2, it is possible to change via F7, but there are no encodings for some of the blocks that are used in 2020 cars, I have encountered this several times
Old 06-14-2021, 07:39 PM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by FerdinandAG
in 38.2, it is possible to change via F7, but there are no encodings for some of the blocks that are used in 2020 cars, I have encountered this several times
39.7 with my 2019 Cayenne - works great. I have not tested 40, though.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:12 AM
beedeerrr
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2021 Cayenne came without Surround View. My dealer says they can install the parts, but PCNA will not allow coding. Can someone recommend the steps to code for Surround View.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:36 PM
runbuh
Pro

Originally Posted by beedeerrr
My 2021 Cayenne came without Surround View. My dealer says they can install the parts, but PCNA will not allow coding. Can someone recommend the steps to code for Surround View.
I suspect that none of us "regulars" are going to know the answer. Your best bet may be to talk to someone like Belauto. I suspect that, since your car did not get this feature from the factory, there may also be an activation required, which will require an online conversation between PIWIS and Porsche (something that requires a Porsche account, and probably some funds). For older models, you could buy activation codes and do them offline yourself. That's not the case with the E3 (as I understand it).

Last edited by runbuh; 06-18-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3