Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:04 PM
trucker
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
The question for me would be waiting on a 2020 (or even 2021) E-Hybrid, because of the upgraded battery pack that has been announced that could have 10-30% longer range; it isn't clear to me if the upgrade will be in the 2020 models or the 2021 models. I heard coming next year (via an Oliver Blume interview a couple months ago, posted online), which would suggest to me MY2021.
I got concerned about this too right after I put my order for a 2019 E-Hybrid but I think if I keep waiting for the next technology I will never buy one. I guarantee if the new upgraded battery comes with MY2021 we will be talking about a newer version of battery for the MY20XX E-Hybrid.
So I just accepted the fact I'm buying a new Cayenne, enjoying and keeping it for 4-6 years and worry about the future later.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by trucker
I got concerned about this too right after I put my order for a 2019 E-Hybrid but I think if I keep waiting for the next technology I will never buy one. I guarantee if the new upgraded battery comes with MY2021 we will be talking about a newer version of battery for the MY20XX E-Hybrid.
So I just accepted the fact I'm buying a new Cayenne, enjoying and keeping it for 4-6 years and worry about the future later.
That's exactly why I bought my 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid last year. One can always "trade up" to an improved model if the new changes seem worth trading up to. I could be happy with my 2018 Panamera until end of warranty, and could see extending the warranty to 100k miles. But I would be very happy with a 30% increase in all-electric range (from 25 to 30+ miles), because I would take full advantage of it. My computer says that I've driven 55-60 percent of my drive time in all-electric mode in the past year (now at 19.3k miles). And for such a technologically sophisticated and complex car, it has performed virtually flawlessly -- no reason to take it in for servicing outside of standard 10k-mile maintenances...

My current thinking is to wait until the Cayenne Coupé comes out in E-Hybrid form, with probably the improved battery pack, in the next year or two, and trade in for that.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:19 PM
SaintD
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any updates for release estimates? My decision time swiftly approaches.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintD
Anyone have any updates for release estimates? My decision time swiftly approaches.
Went by my dealer today to get the latest tracking report. My Cayenne E-hybrid arrived in Northern California (Benicia) on 4/27/2019. Release to dealer inventory is still reported to be 9/13/2019. However the unofficial dealer rumor is a month earlier for release. Hoping for that so I can take it to my trip to car week at Pebble Beach.

Mark
Old 06-01-2019, 10:24 PM
SaintD
AutoX

Thank you Mark. Looks like I'll be selecting a Cayenne S this month unless a miracle happens.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:05 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Initially wanted the e hybrid but after talking to my salesman I decided on the Cayenne S because I didn't want to wait that long for the car!
Old 06-03-2019, 09:10 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Not to be a provocateur....
but...

1. good things come to those that wait

2. right now, *performance* e-hybrids are a really good idea. Ferrari thinks so - their fastest car ever will be a plug-in hybrid with a 15 mile range- https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/30/fe...ter-than-ever/

3. would you rather have traditional technology, labeled as a "2020" (whatever that means), or the future labeled as a 2019?

4. It's June. e-hybrids will be here in ~ 3 months. How long is that relative to how long you'll own / lease the car?

OK flame away I asked for it (-:
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 PM
SaintD
AutoX

I agree with all of the above. However, my Panamera S e-Hybrid lemon replacement has been in the works since November. PCNA wants a VIN within the week, and my preferred Cayenne Hybrid is still waiting at the port. I have to pull the trigger, or go through the hassle of buying/renting an in-between car. The matter has already been complicated and drawn out enough. We're ready to complete this 2 year ordeal.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:35 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintD
I agree with all of the above. However, my Panamera S e-Hybrid lemon replacement has been in the works since November. PCNA wants a VIN within the week, and my preferred Cayenne Hybrid is still waiting at the port. I have to pull the trigger, or go through the hassle of buying/renting an in-between car. The matter has already been complicated and drawn out enough. We're ready to complete this 2 year ordeal.
Ask your dealer and PCNA to give you a loaner in the interim, and take the Cayenne Hybrid. If they say no, ask if you can do an in-house short term lease deal where you rent a base Cayenne as a 'loaner' for a monthly payment, say $800 with 1k miles per month. You shouldn't have to pay for tags or registration, it'd just be like having a regular loaner but for a much longer term. Otherwise, you can look into Swapalease and take over someone's lease that has like 3-5 months left. I think our Cayenne Hybrids shouldn't be too problematic, especially when you consider that they've been out all over the world except the US. My car for some reason hasn't even left Emden. It's set to be here sometime in July.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:48 AM
SaintD
AutoX

I was told by PCNA that a loaner wouldn’t be provided. However, I did not check a lease swap, or ask a dealership about a rental/lease from them. Great ideas ssiminou. Thank you. I’ll try it out before picking a S.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:19 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke
Not to be a provocateur....
but...

1. good things come to those that wait

2. right now, *performance* e-hybrids are a really good idea. Ferrari thinks so - their fastest car ever will be a plug-in hybrid with a 15 mile range- https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/30/fe...ter-than-ever/

3. would you rather have traditional technology, labeled as a "2020" (whatever that means), or the future labeled as a 2019?

4. It's June. e-hybrids will be here in ~ 3 months. How long is that relative to how long you'll own / lease the car?

OK flame away I asked for it (-:

Your point is valid, and affects me on my CTT as well. The problem is that the 2020's will likely be delayed as well, but not as much, hopefully. The question is what is the financial ramifications for taking a 2019 in August, or even September. And that is my issue.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I wanted to put a quick question out there for everyone:

I occasionally check the IRS, EPA, & CARB websites to check on the Cayenne E-Hybrid's certification/rebate, and it seems the rebate amount has been listed on the EPA site and with the IRS.

The IRS has it listed as a "2019 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid" with a rebate amount of $6,712 (same as 2019 Panamera hybrids, which increased from the $6,670 for the 2018MY). The EPA website, however, says that the same car (yes, it says 2019) has a rebate of $4,752 (that's even less than what the previous gen hybrids received). I believe the latter is a typo, but I just wanted to check in with the community to see if anyone has heard anything.

I also wanted to update people on lease numbers, if they're interested: 36 months / 10k miles ; 0.0029 MF (~6.96%) ; 58% residual + 1% w/ prepaid maintenance (so I assume since PCNA is giving it to us, we'd be able to lease at the +1% residual) ; MRM $96,200

MarkToff mentioned an unofficial dealer rumor saying that deliveries could be pushed earlier by a month. This would be great news!
Anyone else know additional details they can contribute?

Thanks,
Sam

PS: Thanks for making this one of the highest viewed threads on the 2019 Cayenne sub-forum
Old 06-10-2019, 08:01 AM
earthwormjim
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I would share my experience from the UK as I see most of the posts on this thread are from the US.

I put the down payment on an e-hybrid back in September 2018. I was told at the time they expected deliveries in Jan/Feb. January came and this was revised to April. Same thing happened in April and they would 'hopefully' hear something in May. Its now June and they said delivery will be hopefully (there's that word again) in September. To date, they have had no hybrid allocations.

They have said that Porsche GB will swallow the price increase when it eventually happens, and they are keeping me happy with weekend loaners from the rest of the range, but i'm getting a little twitchy now. Especially when I keep hearing all of the updates prefixed with 'hopefully'. They have told me that the reasons for the delay is that they are 'updating the drivetrain' which they think will mean an increased battery range. So I find it really interesting to read that some have had their cars built in this period (albeit in the US/Canada), and am a little confused as to what the hold up here in the UK is.

I have been happy to wait as the Cayenne E-Hybrid is by far the best hybrid SUV available in the UK (again, my opinion). I also test drove the RR Sport P400E, Audi Q7 E-Tron (when it was available here) and the Volvo XC90. The RR the only real contender. The trouble is we seem to be between models here in the UK at the moment with the likes of Audi, BMW and MB all waiting for release of their 2020 hybrid SUV models.

I am set on a hybrid as IMO the performance is fantastic, and I live within commutable distance from my office on all E-Power with a charging station at work - and I am not quite ready to bounce over to all-electric just yet.

Would love to hear some other experiences in the UK and whether they are similar to mine... or not.

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:49 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

earthwormjim, which dealer have you dealt with in UK? I put my £3k deposit down just after you - late autumn - straight after the factories re-openned but the SA did state even at that time that WLTP certification issues have put an indefinite hold, ie none produced since the summer closures, at least for the EU market.

They've given me three different loaners since March but yesterday (at the Porsche family funday sunday), they've offered the S, for delivery sept new plate, if i did not want to wait 'indefinitely' for a ehybrid which may or may not appear.

Apparently, the ehybrid sales have taken a hit in any case, since first year allowance disappeared, removal of gov grant, exclusion of high end cars from tax disc concessions etc etc but i don't really know much about these.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 AM
earthwormjim
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by london123
earthwormjim, which dealer have you dealt with in UK? I put my £3k deposit down just after you - late autumn - straight after the factories re-openned but the SA did state even at that time that WLTP certification issues have put an indefinite hold, ie none produced since the summer closures, at least for the EU market.

They've given me three different loaners since March but yesterday (at the Porsche family funday sunday), they've offered the S, for delivery sept new plate, if i did not want to wait 'indefinitely' for a ehybrid which may or may not appear.

Apparently, the ehybrid sales have taken a hit in any case, since first year allowance disappeared, removal of gov grant, exclusion of high end cars from tax disc concessions etc etc but i don't really know much about these.
The dealer is Mid-Sussex. I am expecting a call from them today with an update from Porsche GB. If still no date I’m going to have to make a decision to look elsewhere then come back in a couple of years once they have their proverbial together with the hybrid - which I’m loathed to do given I’ve already waited patiently for ~9 months.

They did initially tell me that production was on hold but expected it to be re-opened in the multiple timescales I mentioned in my previous post. It’s just frustrating, i’m not surprised to read the sales have taken a hit. I don’t believe most would be as patient as I have been, not to mention the loss of the incentives.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread