Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021 | 08:01 PM
papb
Instructor

Hi, All.

I am new to the forum as well here. I am getting ready to take the plunge on a cpo 2017 SEH Platinum Edition with the Premium Package Plus. It has 25k miles and 2yrs unlimited mile warranty. Its off lease and well maintained; all service was done by the original leasing dealer. My biggest fear with this car is battery replacement down the road. I saw one post above that said $28k for a new battery.... that cant be right?!?

All in all, the price is pretty fare, so I wasn't able to get any concessions from them except winter matts (haha) and fixing a door ding and a few curb scratches on the rims. After reading aorund these forums, I notice the car has the sport plus suspension adjustment but not the drive mode (it only has the sport drive mode). I am thinking about drying to get them to throw a sport plus upgrade in because I think (correct me if I am wrong) its a pretty quick button install and computer upgrade.

Thanks for any thoughts or feedback; I am itching to take this thing home.
Old 02-26-2021 | 05:17 PM
ChristiaanT
8th Gear

Anyone installed an AFTERMARKET exhaust or part of it?

To make the e-HYBRID exhaust sistem a little better? It sound like a minivan....

Anyone tried these FABSPEED or similar?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabspeed-Po...f14a%7Ciid%3A1
The following 2 users liked this post by ChristiaanT:
DublinLad (05-27-2021), Onesunnybeach (11-30-2023)
Old 05-26-2021 | 08:09 PM
smdts
3rd Gear

just bought a 2017 platinum e-hybrid.
How do I check what on board charger mine came with? 3.6 or 7.2kw
the porsce charger came with a 240v 13a single phase connector and a 400v 32a 3 phase connector but no 240v 32a single phase connector. can I just run a 32a feed to a 3 phase commando socket and only connect L1, neutral and earth th get faster charging?
can I extend the type 2 cable, mine is too short.
can I fit the smaller supercharger pulley that is sold as a performance mod for the audi s5/a7 engine or will it cause mapping issues with the hybrid system?
The following users liked this post:
Onesunnybeach (11-30-2023)
Old 05-28-2021 | 05:44 PM
Bomba
Racer

Originally Posted by mudman2
Just been told I will not get my car back this week, they swapped out the Macan loaner for a 19 Cayenne, not the S I had 2 weeks ago, lets see how this goes
I know it's been a while, but curious to hear the end of the saga.....
Old 06-17-2021 | 12:24 PM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Has anyone done a "reconditioning" on their hybrid battery? I know it's pretty common with other hybrid batteries in Honda, Toyota and GM hybrids.

Old 07-12-2021 | 07:51 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2016 SE Hybrid that we've had since 2016. It's a great SUV, I average 700 miles per tank with the occasional 1000 miles per tank. At 45k miles I finally
did the brakes though I still had 2mm meat left up front and 4mm in the rear. I can't recall my last car that would have gone 50k on factory pads.

One thing I noticed in reading the thread, was I supposed to get a spare tire? in like a suitcase looking compartment above where a traditional spare would be?
Also, that mobile app, Hybrid Auxiliary Cabin Heating/Cooling, is that the only way to remote start the car or to remotely turn on the A/C? It isn't a factory option?

I've looked at the new ones....I may be an outlier here in saying this but I don't like them. I would miss the design of the dash, specifically how the clock is positioned.
Then there are all those surfaces to attract finger prints. Great for the CSI guys but to sit in and drive it, not so much. The infotainment system seems cumbersome.
The part that tries to anticipate what I plan to interact with is less than perfect and the menu system has too much scrolling. I like having physical tactile switches
but most everything is ala Tesla style.

Oh well, I guess I can enjoy my 2016 for a little while longer, maybe move to a 2018 but eventually, change is coming. At least it brings Airplay and XM channels above 220.

Last edited by ZenicaPA; 07-12-2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2021 | 05:32 PM
Gonzotiki_666
Rennlist Member

There’s no spare. The space for it is occupied by the battery. I would recommend getting rid of the junk flat sealer that Porsche provided and replace with an aerosol can of Fix a Flat type product. I can tell you from experience that getting a flat tire with no spare is a colossal PITA-instead of a 15 minute spare swap it was an almost four hour ordeal getting flatbedded to a tire shop. Get AAA too because Porsche roadside will ONLY take your car to a dealership.
And I’ll add that I too dislike the glass “switches” in the newer models—don’t even get me started on the new gear selector!! 🤣
ZenicaPA (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021 | 05:47 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Is there a Porsche spare that will fit the car? Something I can keep in the Thule on the roof when taking longer road trips? I'm reluctant to use a fix a flat can product. I've never had success with those.
So often, by the time you can pull over, the side wall is damaged by the rim and won't hold air no matter what goop is put into it. Plus some tire shops won't replace tires with that stuff for fear of an
explosion of sorts. So I was told anyway...

I have the Fidelity RH coverage so for now, I don't care where it would be towed, though I am impartial to the dealers.

That piano black is a nightmare. It's why I won't buy a black car. I'd want it Knight Rider glossy all the time, I just don't have a film crew lackey with a shammy standing by to wipe it down every second.
Having an interior like that would make me the lackey.
Old 07-17-2021 | 05:03 PM
xrtdr
AutoX

Hi all, haven't been to this forum in a few years.
I have a 2016 SE hybrid with 71,000 miles.
What do people think of the prospects for this vehicle in the 75k-100k mileage range and beyond?

I've really enjoyed this vehicle and look forward to likely going all electric when it is time to replace.
Old 07-18-2021 | 08:04 AM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xrtdr
Hi all, haven't been to this forum in a few years.
What do people think of the prospects for this vehicle in the 75k-100k mileage range and beyond?

I've really enjoyed this vehicle and look forward to likely going all electric when it is time to replace.
Well mine is a 2011 with 89k miles which has been bulletproof to date. I do worry a bit about the battery and am looking for someone to do a reconditioning at some point in the future.
Old 07-27-2021 | 11:07 PM
Dynamic Entry
1st Gear

Originally Posted by catamount
Well mine is a 2011 with 89k miles which has been bulletproof to date. I do worry a bit about the battery and am looking for someone to do a reconditioning at some point in the future.
Subscribed to any updates about reconditioning and general maintenance.

I'm considering to make the jump from Lexus RX Hybrid to Cayenne, and the 2011-14 S Hybrid would be my target.
Old 08-21-2021 | 05:32 PM
Gonzotiki_666
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xrtdr;[url=tel:17555565
17555565[/url]]Hi all, haven't been to this forum in a few years.

I have about 55K miles on my ‘17. The CPO warranty is going to be up at the end of the year. I’m strongly considering a model Y or Mach e GT to replace it. The Cayenne battery range is a bit of a joke and it’s almost $90 to fill up even at Costco.
Old 09-18-2021 | 10:40 PM
antidrew
2nd Gear

Hi all, I have a 2017 hybrid with approx 35K miles that recently started to not shift into gear at startup. After the engine revved a bit and toggling through the gears, the car would eventually grab onto a gear and function like normal. Took it into the shop and they were eventually able to reproduce and said they needed to order a new transmission and torque mount. Anyone else experience anything like this? I was trying to figure out if it was the transfer case issue, but understanding what that is and how it impacts the hybrids was somewhat confusing.
Old 09-24-2021 | 08:13 AM
craig001
Drifting

Well it's a couiple of month late but to ZenicaPA yes Porsche did offer a spare inflatable tire set-up as an option. The right side of the cargo area has a different panel which has mounting hardware for the tire, you'd need to find the size spare for your set-up, inflator, jack and tools. I have not been able to fins sources for all the assorted pieces parts (including proper fasteners) to get a spitball cost but given it will be all Posche OEM and some unobtainium parts it's probably not worth it IMHO.
Old 09-24-2021 | 08:54 AM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Guys, My wife's Cayenne S e-hybrid got flood damaged from Hurricane Ida... I am trying to come up with a replacement... i am coming up empty. Looking for a Black 958.2 with Air suspension and 12-way power seats as minimum options. Please help a fellow Porschephile!!

Flood Damaged from Hurricane Ida....was at a detail shop as a surprise for my wife , we just had two new babies!!!

Flood Damaged from Hurricane Ida (water went above the rearview mirrors)

Thank you,
Ben

Quick Reply: The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread