Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019 | 07:30 AM
M Man
6th Gear

Default Side mirror question

I have a 2017 model and wanted to know if car is put in reverse, shouldn't the passenger side mirror lower down to show the road better? It is an option for me in the display panel, but it really doesn't move it down or in towards the vehicle. There is at times an ever so slight movement, but I can't really tell that it's doing anything. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
Old 10-29-2019 | 08:18 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Originally Posted by M Man
I have a 2017 model and wanted to know if car is put in reverse, shouldn't the passenger side mirror lower down to show the road better? It is an option for me in the display panel, but it really doesn't move it down or in towards the vehicle. There is at times an ever so slight movement, but I can't really tell that it's doing anything. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
You have to check a box on the MFD, if I remember right.
The following users liked this post:
Bassman37 (10-20-2022)
Old 11-01-2019 | 09:23 AM
M Man
6th Gear

You are correct. I placed check mark in the MFD, but I really don't see the mirror moving. Does your move down when you put car in reverse? Does it move in towards the car? I'm trying to figure out if I need to take it into the dealership for repair or not.....
Old 11-04-2019 | 05:43 PM
FredRS92
Intermediate

I have a late 2017 model and yes the mirrors move down when I put the car in reverse.
Old 11-04-2019 | 05:51 PM
diver110
Racer

What kind of real-world 0-60 times does the E hybrid deliver?
Old 11-04-2019 | 06:43 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

You are correct. I placed check mark in the MFD, but I really don't see the mirror moving. Does your move down when you put car in reverse? Does it move in towards the car? I'm trying to figure out if I need to take it into the dealership for repair or not.....
Originally Posted by FredRS92
I have a late 2017 model and yes the mirrors move down when I put the car in reverse.
I confirm.
Old 11-07-2019 | 04:53 AM
agadir
1st Gear

Hi guys i have the 2015 hybrid, how is your oilusage? Mine uses like half a liter after 3k kms.
Old 11-08-2019 | 10:21 AM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Thanks in advance....
I think this feature requires the comfort package?
if you have this option on in your multi function, and it’s not working, it’s possible the motor that moves it went bad.
do your mirrors fold in? (Button on your drivers armrest)
Old 11-10-2019 | 07:55 AM
M Man
6th Gear

Default thanks for the responses

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
I think this feature requires the comfort package?
if you have this option on in your multi function, and it’s not working, it’s possible the motor that moves it went bad.
do your mirrors fold in? (Button on your drivers armrest)
Yes, my car has the button on the driver's side and the mirror's fold in/out. Since my original post I placed the mirror all the way up and then put car in reverse and the mirror did come down a bit, but in normal position for my viewing preference, it doesn't move at all. I'm 5' 11'' and I don't have the mirror down to the ground in it's normal position! I really think something is off. It's a bit strange!
Also is if the mirrors are folded in and you start to drive, is there a speed where the mirrors automatically open up?
Old 11-10-2019 | 09:30 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Yes, my car has the button on the driver's side and the mirror's fold in/out. Since my original post I placed the mirror all the way up and then put car in reverse and the mirror did come down a bit, but in normal position for my viewing preference, it doesn't move at all. I'm 5' 11'' and I don't have the mirror down to the ground in it's normal position! I really think something is off. It's a bit strange!
Also is if the mirrors are folded in and you start to drive, is there a speed where the mirrors automatically open up?
the behavior in my wife’s Cayenne (and in my two other modern Porsches) is that if your mirrors folded automatically when locking the doors, then they will also unfold automatically. But if you folded the mirrors using the dedicated button, then they won’t unfold automatically.
Old 11-10-2019 | 03:28 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

for them to auto-open when starting to drive and/or unlocking the door, this might be a good question for the coding guys in the DIY sticky. They are still finding stuff

as for the tilt down, I am curious what is the expected tolerance of acceptable tilt here... My motor does do this but it is slightly jerky. Was this suppose to be smooth? If anyone has a video that really would be nice.

Originally Posted by ABusLux
the behavior in my wife’s Cayenne (and in my two other modern Porsches) is that if your mirrors folded automatically when locking the doors, then they will also unfold automatically. But if you folded the mirrors using the dedicated button, then they won’t unfold automatically.
when you state "modern" what year did Porsche start implementing this? (model years really help narrow down if this might just be a code change or extra hardware)
Old 11-11-2019 | 06:15 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood
when you state "modern" what year did Porsche start implementing this? (model years really help narrow down if this might just be a code change or extra hardware)
Macan GTS MY16, 991.2 C2 GTS cabriolet MY17, Cayenne S e-hybrid MY17.
Old 11-11-2019 | 03:41 PM
M Man
6th Gear

I took the car to the dealership today and they showed me how to first set the passenger mirror into the memory of the vehicle WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN REVERSE FIRST!! I had no idea that I had the ability to set the parameters for the mirror while in reverse. So now the car is operating as it should. I appreciate everyone trying to help.
Bassman37 (10-20-2022)
Old 11-25-2019 | 07:00 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Default New (to me) 2017 Cayenne S E-Hybrid Platinum Edition

Bought it 3 weeks ago with 25,000 miles. Replaced my 2013 BMW X6 50i.

So far, I'm really enjoying this car. It's my 5th Cayenne (and 17th Porsche over the last 45 years) and there are elements to it that, while not extremely sporty, are just plan fun to experience. Frankly, either because of my age & tastes or the modern Porsche technology (maybe both), I suspect it's probably even more fun to drive than some of my earliest 911s were.

Rhodium Silver

Agate Gray interior.

This thread has been very informative; thanks to all who have already posted.

A couple of questions:
  1. Hybrid Mode. The manuals seem silent on this term, but I've deduced that it means that both E-Power and E-Charge are OFF. The control unit seamlessly decides when to use ICE and when to power with electricity. And of course, the battery is being charged by coasting and/or braking energy. Is this correct, is that what "Hybrid Mode" is?
  2. E-Charge. I get it that running in E-Charge causes an approximate 20% decrease in gasoline mileage, but it makes sense to me to put it in E-Charge immediately once on the freeway and you are using gasoline (either by performance choice or because the battery has been depleted). Does anyone know if E-Charge shuts off automatically when the battery is filled back up to 100%? Or do you have to monitor it and manually shut it off? I think it did happen to me once, but can't be sure. There were too many other things to watch. It might be awhile until I can try to produce it again, but this feature would be great! Because if when the battery is again full from E-Charge and it automatically switches to the more efficient hybrid mode, you've got the option to go full E-Power mode again once you get to the other end of your trip and drive in stop-n-go city traffic.
  3. Using the Porsche wall charger (plugged in to house 110V current - Level1) each morning I've had an electric range of 14 miles, although one morning it was 15. Suddenly the last 3 mornings it was only 12 miles. Maybe not coincidentally, here in Gig Harbor, WA the night time lows now in mid-November have been reaching down into the lower 30's. My garage doors are opaque glass: they look great, but the R Factor is poor, so the temps in the garage are cooler than I would like. Is this reduced range a product of the ambient temperature while charging? Or is it a reflection of the most-recent preceding driving style the same way that the remaining fuel range is backward-calculated? Or, hopefully not, a sudden sign that the battery capacity is starting to diminish (as I said, 2017 with 25,000 miles, build-date was June of 2016)?
  4. NAV/Map. The on-board one, not CarPlay's Waze, iMaps or Google Maps integration. I've had a strange thing happen both times after being in the dealership for a couple of minor adjustments covered under warranty. After leaving the dealership and driving home I noticed that the Nav/Map could not seem to locate the car on the map correctly. I could enter an address and program the destination OK, but the Map showed the car as being out in the Puget Sound someplace, a mile or two offshore. And the turn-by-turn directions were all wrong, asking me to turn onto street names that were nowhere near where I really was. But the next morning, everything was cleared and the Map showed the car exactly where it should be, in my garage. Has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if hooking the car up to PIWIS causes it to get "lost" and take a fair amount of time relocating itself against the GPS profile.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Servo (01-08-2020)
Old 11-30-2019 | 09:18 AM
FredRS92
Intermediate

My answers to your questions:

1: Yes
2: Yes, E-Charge mode shuts off automatically when the battery is filled.
3: Yes, the electric range decreases significantly with low temp.
4: Don't know! never experienced such issue.

Quick Reply: The Cayenne S E-Hybrid Thread