Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 15 CD has the idle vibration while my 14 Mazda 3 is vibration free at idle.

The CD uses about 2 gallons of AdBlue per 5K miles, some highway use.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Vista6019
I do not believe that the BMW has anywhere near the towing capacity that the Cayenne does either.....
Correct, at least per published US Specs.

Originally Posted by Izzone
I had two, 2013 and 2015 Both great cars...both had idle vibration
Yep, mine too, i don't notice it any more

Originally Posted by Rob VN
My 15 CD has the idle vibration while my 14 Mazda 3 is vibration free at idle. The CD uses about 2 gallons of AdBlue per 5K miles, some highway use.
Thats about 50% more than mine. But mine is mostly highway.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:44 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The CD uses about 2 gallons of AdBlue per 5K miles, some highway use.
Just refilled for the 2nd time yesterday. Roughly 12k out of each tank.

This time I didn't run it all the way down like last time. Did it shortly after the 1500 mile warning and that turned out to be a big mistake as I ended up over filling and making a big mess

I filled from my "crush" bottle, then refilled it and figured the remainder of the two jugs would fit like last time and then a bit of a top off from the crush bottle. No such luck this time and I can also provide the information that this is not the tastiest stuff in the world when it gets flung into you face
Old 10-12-2015, 10:09 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

My 15 CD has the idle vibration while my 14 Mazda 3 is vibration free at idle.
You have a diesel Mazda 3?

My '14 CD also has the idle buzz. I've taken it in once to have them look for it; next service I'm going to have them search some more.

It sounds like a piece of plastic rubbing against something, but on mine, when things warm up, the buzz goes away.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:55 AM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

just in case you folks haven't seen this already:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sche/75044132/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...i-and-porsche/

It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices. If Porsche issues a 'stop sale' like VW will the Cayenne Diesel going up in price due to no supply? If the stop sale last for more than a few months then it might make sense to sell our MY15 wait for the new version (2016+) then repurchase. How much would somebody be willing to pay if the market dries up overnight? There are some folks that just don't care about this issue and will want the car no matter what.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoach
just in case you folks haven't seen this already:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sche/75044132/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...i-and-porsche/

It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices. If Porsche issues a 'stop sale' like VW will the Cayenne Diesel going up in price due to no supply? If the stop sale last for more than a few months then it might make sense to sell our MY15 wait for the new version (2016+) then repurchase. How much would somebody be willing to pay if the market dries up overnight? There are some folks that just don't care about this issue and will want the car no matter what.
Shyt...my car is 3 weeks out from port and I have a 2016 Cayenne Diesel which we ordered to our preferences. Wonder what will happen next as the articles were unclear if the cars actually were affected and had increased emissions on testing or just had the software loaded which I would possibly expect given they just discovered this and likely the same software is redundant across the VW diesel models regardless of the system they use (urea based or not). Wonder who is next Audi? BMW? Range Rover? What would you guys do at this point?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:04 AM
JRoach
Racer

I would take delivery but maybe circle back with the dealer and get some assurance that your residual value won't drop due to anything that was illegal. Hard to do but getting your dealer on the hook could be stronger than the manufacturer. The dealer wants to see you back again and if you love the brand you will be back.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

I would take delivery
I believe there is a stop sale...delivery may not be an option.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 AM
JRoach
Racer

Just saw this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/porsc...diesel-2015-11

Stop Sale was issued for Cayenne's. MDROBC1213, I would love to hear from you (or anybody else that has ordered a diesel) if your car is still on track or if they have delayed delivery.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Mazda 3 is gasoline powered. I just used it as example of a front engine car with fairly good engine vibration isolation. I was spoiled by the Cayman......

Originally Posted by skiahh
You have a diesel Mazda 3?

My '14 CD also has the idle buzz. I've taken it in once to have them look for it; next service I'm going to have them search some more.

It sounds like a piece of plastic rubbing against something, but on mine, when things warm up, the buzz goes away.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:02 PM
JRoach
Racer

Just received this email (see below). I'm hoping this is the bottom and we can look forward to moving on without any changes to our cars.

------------------------------------ original email ----------------------------

Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.

Volkswagen AG, as our group parent, has assured us that it is working intensively to clarify and resolve this matter as soon as possible, and that it will cooperate fully with the EPA to completely clarify the issue. In the meantime, we can assure you that your Porsche Cayenne Diesel is technically safe and roadworthy.

Porsche remains committed to providing you with the world’s best sports cars and to keeping you and the public informed. During the ongoing investigation, we hope we may ask for your patience. We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Klaus Zellmer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
JRoach
Racer

Anybody know how to check the firmware/software level of the engine's computer? I know that the PCM has a level but I always thought that was for the infotainment and related items.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:22 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Funny thing is how you can walk into any Ford, GMC or Ram dealer and buy a pickup powered by a diesel with minimal emission control systems because its titled as a truck. I have a neighbor with a Ram diesel that's 2-3 years old as his DD and it looks like a crop duster going up the street spewing soot...but a crop duster would be much quieter.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:47 PM
wogamax
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Earlier this week the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) informed us that it believes Auxiliary Emission Control Device software was installed in vehicles with V6 TDI diesel engines, which had not been adequately described in the certification process.
This sounds a lot like what the late model Passats were hit with. While 2.0's without the urea tanks were the primary cheat cars, the revelation that the new 2016's (w/urea) had an unapproved auxiliary emissions control device was what lead to VW pulling the application to certify them for sale (you can't buy them).

I haven't found where/who actually tested on road emissions of the Cayennes, or if that was done in this case, but the presence of these device controllers is illegal, if not explicitly approved by EPA.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tried to go check out cayenne diesel today for my wife. Dealer said none available to see (as well as Macans) . All stored away in the warehouse away from public. No order, no delivery, can't touch them.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue