Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2023 | 08:09 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gus B.
Anyone ever purchased from these folks? : https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/pors...ne-cayman-911/

Just saw Harry's Garage video on YT where he used this company for his Project 7. I wonder if it's the same thing as Isudar (board replacement).... Will ask, but doubt they will confirm...
Anyone tried this one? I was down to Mr12Volt or NMAuto and then I saw the Unique Auto one but no one seems to have tried it yet.
2011 Turbo with Burmester
Old 01-02-2023 | 11:12 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Chris M.
Anyone tried this one? I was down to Mr12Volt or NMAuto and then I saw the Unique Auto one but no one seems to have tried it yet.
They are all same ****. If you can so it yourself, do it. No "warranty" but it just works.

If you need to pay the other two you mentioned to feel warm and fuzzy inside, then pay them.
Old 01-03-2023 | 02:15 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This unit is not running the MOST25 bus , so its similar to all the other radios, unlike mr12volt which is the only one in the market running the MOST25 BUS for better quality audio.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 01-03-2023 | 02:18 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
They are all same ****. If you can so it yourself, do it. No "warranty" but it just works.

If you need to pay the other two you mentioned to feel warm and fuzzy inside, then pay them.

The Mr12Volt has proven to be a unique unit with superior in audio quality and integration vs all the other units. Im really unsure why you continue to post disinformation when this topic comes up.

-Roman
Old 01-31-2023 | 09:53 AM
CulturedBeef
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
The Mr12Volt has proven to be a unique unit with superior in audio quality and integration vs all the other units. Im really unsure why you continue to post disinformation when this topic comes up.

-Roman
The wife is hounding me to get her CarPlay. So it’s either this or a new Macon hahaha. I should be able to do the factory mic hack and have the most up to date upgrade with the Mr12Volt correct.
She drives a 14’ Diesel Cayenne
Old 01-31-2023 | 11:22 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Very happy that I went with NMAuto. Nick was incredibly responsive when my install went south last summer, and just responded to a question I had last week.

My guess is that Roman would be similarly responsive.

You do not get that kind of customer service via Alibaba.
Old 01-31-2023 | 01:14 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CulturedBeef
The wife is hounding me to get her CarPlay. So it’s either this or a new Macon hahaha. I should be able to do the factory mic hack and have the most up to date upgrade with the Mr12Volt correct.
I can set you up with everything you need. If you like we can do the install in-house as well if you're local. Please reach out.
Old 01-31-2023 | 01:17 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

I just had the MR12Volt installed by Roman this weekend. He did an amazing job that took him about 1.5 hours. He sent me down the street to eat at a local diner, which I was able to walk to, while he was doing the work. My impressions of the MR12Volt - absolutley amazing device! Made my 2014 CS a modern vehicle with the install of this blue box. Worked pretty much flawlessly. The sound quality is great - no change or degradation at all. Very easy to use. The small cons - 1. you have to lock the car to make the MR12volt stop transmitting bluetooth, and completely shut off. They are working on a fix for this.. 2. I use this with a samsung phone, and it automatically goes into google maps, or waze. Whichever you use - so there is a map on when you turn on. I would rather not have maps auto start. MR12 Volt said that just how apple play devices work., and 3. I was able to get rid of the MR12Volt splash that shows up on the screne upon activation. It is very easy to change the logo using a supplied program, and a usb thumbdrive. Easy accss to the unit with a usb extension that is also supplied and you can hide it it anywhere thats easy to get to. I ended up just blacking out the MR12Volt splash, as I did not like how all the "porsche" ones looked. So the screen is just black while loading.
Roman is a great person to work with, and the support on the website through whatsapp was basically seamless.
I highly recomend this upgrade. I have done so many upgrades, this one really takes the cake.
AA
The following 2 users liked this post by CarreraCup03:
CulturedBeef (01-31-2023), lowmiler (01-31-2023)
Old 02-02-2023 | 05:47 PM
bobzz
Track Day

Are you planning on doing this yourself? if not, please let me know which shop you are going to use to have this installed. TIA
Old 02-02-2023 | 08:43 PM
CulturedBeef
8th Gear

Originally Posted by bobzz
Are you planning on doing this yourself? if not, please let me know which shop you are going to use to have this installed. TIA
I plan on doing it myself once I get home. I also plan on going with the Mr 12v kit.
The following users liked this post:
bobzz (02-03-2023)
Old 02-02-2023 | 08:44 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I plan on doing it myself once I get home. I also plan on going with the Mr 12v kit.
I'm here when your ready
Old 04-07-2023 | 05:06 PM
teenwolf80
Intermediate

I currently have the Joye Auto unit installed, but I’m considering switching over to the Mr. 12 Volt unit. I’ve been reading through various Mr. 12 Volt threads, but can’t seem to find a definitive answer for the following:

1. Currently, whenever I turn the ignition on, the Joye Auto takes maybe 20 seconds to boot up. From what I’ve read, Mr. 12 Volt boots quicker than the Joye Auto. Is this correct?

2. Once the Joye Auto is booted up, I have to manually toggle the “SOURCE” button on the PCM to set it to “AUX Bluetooth” in order to listen to Spotify/podcasts/Pandora from my phone. Does the Mr. 12 Volt offer a more seamless or automatic connection than this?

3. When I receive phone calls, there is a delay of about 5 seconds before the caller and I are able to hear each other. This is probably my biggest gripe with the Joye Auto. Many times, I end up just physically picking up my phone to take the call. What are incoming calls like with the Mr. 12 Volt?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!🙏
Old 04-07-2023 | 07:30 PM
NN.
Advanced

Originally Posted by teenwolf80
I currently have the Joye Auto unit installed, but I’m considering switching over to the Mr. 12 Volt unit. I’ve been reading through various Mr. 12 Volt threads, but can’t seem to find a definitive answer for the following:

1. Currently, whenever I turn the ignition on, the Joye Auto takes maybe 20 seconds to boot up. From what I’ve read, Mr. 12 Volt boots quicker than the Joye Auto. Is this correct?

2. Once the Joye Auto is booted up, I have to manually toggle the “SOURCE” button on the PCM to set it to “AUX Bluetooth” in order to listen to Spotify/podcasts/Pandora from my phone. Does the Mr. 12 Volt offer a more seamless or automatic connection than this?

3. When I receive phone calls, there is a delay of about 5 seconds before the caller and I are able to hear each other. This is probably my biggest gripe with the Joye Auto. Many times, I end up just physically picking up my phone to take the call. What are incoming calls like with the Mr. 12 Volt?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!🙏
I also use at the moment JoyeAuto unit and thinking to switch to Mr12Volt but just because of better sound quality as I don’t have the bugs you mention. Actually I think they are not the bugs of JoyeAuto unit but the result of your settings.

No 2 can be fixed if you disable Bluetooth AUX in PCM and use AUX instead. AUX will be always on when you start the car if you used it last so no need to push SOURCE button any more. Spotify and other applications will play just fine via AUX. Sound quality will be slightly worse comparing to Bluetooth AUX, but as a reward you will be able to listen also to Siri and voice commands in Google Maps or Waze. Just try to use AUX and decide if the sound quality is acceptable for your ears.

For No 3 try to connect you phone to PCM and to JoyeAuto CarPlay simultaneously and for phone calls use PCM connection. The calls made or accepted by the buttons on the steering wheel shall go via PCM connection and factory microphone, so no echo or delays.
Old 04-07-2023 | 08:36 PM
zagamuffin
Instructor

Hey Roman

i installed the Mr12v and it’s brilliant, just one thing I want to change ,the strip of shortcuts is down the left side of the screen (Lhd) but I’m rhd so need strip on rhs .can I do a sw fix for this
Old 04-07-2023 | 09:24 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by zagamuffin
Hey Roman

i installed the Mr12v and it’s brilliant, just one thing I want to change ,the strip of shortcuts is down the left side of the screen (Lhd) but I’m rhd so need strip on rhs .can I do a sw fix for this
I'm sorry, this is a carplay issue not anything we have control over.
​​​​

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )