Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 04:34 PM
mrjlevy
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PDF Details from NM Automotive

After watching Nick's video above regarding Bluetooth for phone calls (and reading though all the comments), I'm convinced you are more likely to get a favorable outcome with his solution and well worth an extra $2-300
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2020, 04:43 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjlevy
After watching Nick's video above regarding Bluetooth for phone calls (and reading though all the comments), I'm convinced you are more likely to get a favorable outcome with his solution and well worth an extra $2-300
So approx $563.10 USD unit + $46.37 USD shipping =
$609.48 USD

i wonder if they are offering any black Friday or cyber Monday deals

I have not pulled the trigger yet but is this NM automotive solution really that different? how have they worked out the gremlins?
Old 11-17-2020, 04:53 PM
mrjlevy
Track Day

1. All who have purchased from Nick (and shared experiences on this site) in agreement that Nick's service and support after sale is great.
2. Outcomes with Nick seem more consistent overall
3. Consensus also that the outcomes with Joyeauto are variable and that if it goes well then you look like a hero spending $350, but if it doesn't sounds like you will be hard pressed to get any support or answers from anyone (but for this site).
4. I have seen few complaints from anyone using NM once it is working and have seen quite a few noting glitchy behavior from Joyeauto.
The following users liked this post:
afriedrich (03-16-2024)
Old 11-17-2020, 09:46 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

I have Joyeauto installed for 6 months now and I must admit that switching (randomly) between PCM and carplay for phone calls is the most annoying thing and there is no solution for it so far.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:31 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up Could not agree more about NM of the UK and Nick

Originally Posted by mrjlevy
1. All who have purchased from Nick (and shared experiences on this site) in agreement that Nick's service and support after sale is great.
2. Outcomes with Nick seem more consistent overall
3. Consensus also that the outcomes with Joyeauto are variable and that if it goes well then you look like a hero spending $350, but if it doesn't sounds like you will be hard pressed to get any support or answers from anyone (but for this site).
4. I have seen few complaints from anyone using NM once it is working and have seen quite a few noting glitchy behavior from Joyeauto.

That is what i wrote in post # 38 " 2018 " of this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...m-3-1-a-8.html

"Thank you kindly for the quick reply, i think it is the latest SW version for the 958.2 pre 2017/18 MY , mine is Jan/2016 built
can not wait to install this kit but between work , my remote location and the world cup games i am way behind
and honestly my main reason as of why this particular kit? because of your support, professionalism and hard work .....truly one of a kind "
Old 11-18-2020, 12:08 AM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by konkab
did you bring back the Porsche icon that Joyeauto deleted in their latest firmware?
Old 11-18-2020, 12:19 AM
ziptbm
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleBitBent
did you bring back the Porsche icon that Joyeauto deleted in their latest firmware?
In the CarPlay settings within Joyeauto you can select whatever logo you want. I skipped the officially update that removed it, but I wonder if it just got reset and was still selectable if you go into CarPlay settings within Joyeauto menus.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:47 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Originally Posted by ziptbm
In the CarPlay settings within Joyeauto you can select whatever logo you want. I skipped the officially update that removed it, but I wonder if it just got reset and was still selectable if you go into CarPlay settings within Joyeauto menus.
You’re RIGHT!!! It is still there! Never knew how to get into those settings before, and after I selected Porsche, I did have to go to Smartphone—>reboot but the Porsche emblem is back! Many thanks!!
Old 11-18-2020, 01:48 PM
ziptbm
Intermediate

I’ve had the custom firmware installed for a few weeks now without any issues at all. It definitely made a difference for the ratio. Knew something was wrong with the official Joyeauto version, but credited it to the non-capacitive touch screen technology being used or something.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:59 PM
mrjlevy
Track Day

Originally Posted by marinerbc
That is what i wrote in post # 38 " 2018 " of this thread https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...m-3-1-a-8.html

"Thank you kindly for the quick reply, i think it is the latest SW version for the 958.2 pre 2017/18 MY , mine is Jan/2016 built
can not wait to install this kit but between work , my remote location and the world cup games i am way behind
and honestly my main reason as of why this particular kit? because of your support, professionalism and hard work .....truly one of a kind "
Thanks MarinerBC, so what say you after 2 years of use? Still enjoy/recommend? Any noteworthy issues?
Old 11-18-2020, 02:03 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If I press the CarPlay settings it asks for a password? Did you enter one?
Old 11-18-2020, 03:28 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

yes. 1123
Old 11-19-2020, 01:15 PM
LittleBitBent
Instructor

Originally Posted by konkab
@konkab after seeing this, I couldn't unsee it. This morning I updated my Joyeauto with your firmware, and wow! what a difference! Thank you for "fixing" this issue!
Old 11-19-2020, 02:42 PM
ziptbm
Intermediate

Now if only we can get Joyeauto to fix two more items:

1. Force all calls to PCM - seems to work most times after manually selected, but I still sometimes see it default back to carplay for Bluetooth phone audio from time-to-time.
2. Force parking sensors visuals when activated - not reversing, but when the sensors pick up items while parking moving forward, etc.

Considering konkab's experience getting Joyeauto to address the resolution issue, I'm not holding my breath.
The following users liked this post:
qsharif (12-07-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 03:25 PM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Now if only we can get Joyeauto to fix two more items:

1. Force all calls to PCM - seems to work most times after manually selected, but I still sometimes see it default back to carplay for Bluetooth phone audio from time-to-time.
2. Force parking sensors visuals when activated - not reversing, but when the sensors pick up items while parking moving forward, etc.

Considering konkab's experience getting Joyeauto to address the resolution issue, I'm not holding my breath.
I'm fairly sure if you're using the PCM and not in the Joyeauto screen both of those work as you'd expect. 99% sure my sensors beeb and the screen pops up with XM playing.

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )