Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 08:20 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I think the reason for #1 is not the PCM, it's your key memory. Was your key was last used to lock the car remotely (with the key button) when the tuner was selected as the source?

Try setting the source as Bluetooth and then getting out of the car and locking it using the key button. I'd also select "SET" on the door - and press whatever memory button you're using - that also saves it - but only to the button (the key has priority over the buttons..)
Doesn't work for me.

It takes the PCM a minute or two to connect to the BT devices, after the rest of the system has booted. So when it starts playing music there’s is no BT Audio device available and it switches to the default... which appears to be FM radio.
The following users liked this post:
Lodo1000 (11-17-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kurdoc
Hi Galion,
Can you please PM me the link for the risers you use?
Thanks!!
I didn’t instal risers since I don’t have XM radio on my PCM

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
Couple questions about these systems.

1. Does the PCM stay on the CarPlay source on start-up? That is my biggest complaint about the 3.1 system is that it does not stay on Bluetooth and reverts to tuner,
2. Can you change tracks using the steering wheel diamond button (providing you have that set up)
3. How quickly does it connect after start up?
It will stay on CarPlay as long as you keep your phone connected.

On CarPlay, I can can change tracks with my steering controls if my Audio source is BT audio.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by Hacked 987
Doesn't work for me.

It takes the PCM a minute or two to connect to the BT devices, after the rest of the system has booted. So when it starts playing music there’s is no BT Audio device available and it switches to the default... which appears to be FM radio.
Mine Connects to BT audio in 05 seconds.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
I think the reason for #1 is not the PCM, it's your key memory. Was your key was last used to lock the car remotely (with the key button) when the tuner was selected as the source?

Try setting the source as Bluetooth and then getting out of the car and locking it using the key button. I'd also select "SET" on the door - and press whatever memory button you're using - that also saves it - but only to the button (the key has priority over the buttons..)
Pretty sure I have tried this, but I will try it again. The PCM is almost always on Bluetooth when I get out, but always defaults to the tuner. If I get out and I have been listening to Sirius, I am pretty sure it defaults to that (but that is also the tuner).

I also almost never unlock the car with the key, as I have the hands free entry (or whatever that is called). Would that make a difference?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacked 987
Doesn't work for me.

Same here. When I start my car BT doesn't show up as a source option for at least 30 seconds (seems like forever!) really wish it was faster. I ordered the CarPlay kit off Aliexpress today
The following users liked this post:
Lodo1000 (11-17-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 03:24 PM
pitrow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone post a link to the risers mentioned to keep XM radio? I looked for risers on Amazon, but not sure exactly what I'm looking for. Just ordered this kit off aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...49964c4djT4lbt

Will put it into my wife's 2013 Panamera. Really hoping it works well as I'm in the market for a Cayenne and was going to go with a '17 to get the CarPlay, but if this works well I'll save a good chunk finding a low miles '16 instead.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Matador1
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased the Joyeauto Porsche PCM3.1 for my 2012 Cayenne TT. The installation wasn't to much of an issue. I didn't keep my satellite board, just too crowded. The unit powered on and I have audio but my screen is black. So I took apart my PCM and checked all of the ribbon connections and they all seem fine. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my unit.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:30 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Originally Posted by Matador1
I purchased the Joyeauto Porsche PCM3.1 for my 2012 Cayenne TT. The installation wasn't to much of an issue. I didn't keep my satellite board, just too crowded. The unit powered on and I have audio but my screen is black. So I took apart my PCM and checked all of the ribbon connections and they all seem fine. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my unit.
Keep me posted, mine arrives in a week or so.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:32 PM
pitrow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine arrived yesterday. Planning to install over the weekend and will take pics/video, albeit going into a Panamera, not a Cayenne.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Mine arrived today, but it looks like I'm missing the ribbon cables and brass stand off screws. I've sent a message to the seller. I'm bummed, was looking forward to installing this!
Old 06-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Matador1
Advanced

The stand off screws and the ribbon cable should be in the same package as the new board. I hope you have better luck then I had. I had everything installed and my screen was black, I had audio but no screen. Pulled the PCM 4 times to check all of my ribbon cable connections and the LVD cable connection and no go. I was texting the company last night and we sent picture back and forth but couldn't seem to get it working. So I disconnected everything and went back to the original system with no CarPlay. Bummer Not sure if they will be willing to refund me. They kept asking me if I viewed their video which I did like 8 times before I even started. Good luck
Old 06-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

The stand off screws and the ribbon cable should be in the same package as the new board. I hope you have better luck then I had. I had everything installed and my screen was black, I had audio but no screen. Pulled the PCM 4 times to check all of my ribbon cable connections and the LVD cable connection and no go. I was texting the company last night and we sent picture back and forth but couldn't seem to get it working. So I disconnected everything and went back to the original system with no CarPlay. Bummer Not sure if they will be willing to refund me. They kept asking me if I viewed their video which I did like 8 times before I even started. Good luck
yeah, the only thing in that bag was the new circuit board. I sent a email, but I haven't heard anything back yet. If you have a # you could pass along, that would be great.

thanks,

Misha
Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Matador1
Advanced

Here is the text # for Kevin who worked with me. 8615822077416
Old 06-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Galion
Pro

Here is the text # for Kevin who worked with me. 8615822077416
Joe Deng from Joyeauto, he is a tech guy not a seller.
+86 189 4870 6765

I am very disappointed to read this, mine works flawlessly (until now)
Maybe disconnecting the XM module has something to do with the black screen?
Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Matador1
Advanced

Galion whats even more disappointing is that Kevin was going to send me another video which he did but it was all in Chinese and didn't even remotely address my issue. When I asked what is next, nothing, no reply. I would need another large connector piece because the little tab that holds the 2 orange wire broke off and won't hold the connector into position. Just not a good experience. It's not like I'm an inexperienced DIYer, I built computers and have done major repairs on all my cars, BMW and Porsches So I'm a little bummed out.

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )