Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 02:58 PM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nauti1us
I bought one and couldn't get any audio out and the radio was dead - unable to get a refund, so I have it sat on a shelf.... I guess these are the risks you take.
Did you pull the orange fiber optic cables out of the OEM 48 pin connector and transfer them to the supplied "splice" 48 pin connector? I forgot this as well and experienced no audio from any source (AM/FM/CD/USB/etc.)

I will eventually put together a summary of my lessons learned with pictures- in the interim if you have questions shoot me a PM
The following users liked this post:
subaru335i (08-24-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 01:32 AM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnytirez
Did you pull the orange fiber optic cables out of the OEM 48 pin connector and transfer them to the supplied "splice" 48 pin connector? I forgot this as well and experienced no audio from any source (AM/FM/CD/USB/etc.)

I will eventually put together a summary of my lessons learned with pictures- in the interim if you have questions shoot me a PM
I bet this is his problem, had the same issue.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:05 PM
lumchai
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also installed the Joyeauto PCM 3.1 Wireless Carplay unit on my 2016 Macan S with no issues. I also have beta iOS13 and it's great that my iPhone is still usable when carplay is on. Their customer service was also quite responsive

when I didn't know how to setup the wireless Carplay initially. They had a video call with me to walk through how to set it up (via WeChat). Kevin was the guy that I spoke with and here's his contact if you guys are interested or have any questions regarding the installation.

subaru335i (08-24-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 04:11 PM
nauti1us
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will give this a go when I get a moment, thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-23-2019, 12:51 AM
gwagoneer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone figured out how to get Apple Maps to go into night mode when the headlights are on? Mine stays in day mode all the time and it is distracting.

Does Joyeauto offer firmware updates for their systems? Their website seems to be password protected. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Matador1
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm still after 2 months trying to get my money back from this company. Beware of dealing with Joyauto from Hong Kong. I'm getting nothing but the run around. They are asking questions as if I still have the unit, this is crazy.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:21 PM
subaru335i
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gwagoneer
Has anyone figured out how to get Apple Maps to go into night mode when the headlights are on? Mine stays in day mode all the time and it is distracting.

Does Joyeauto offer firmware updates for their systems? Their website seems to be password protected. Thanks.
The carplay apple maps should go into night mode when your phone does. You might have to enter a destination and start navigation to get it to switch I can't remember.
Is there a reason why you would want the switchover to be with headlights instead of just day/night time from the phone? This is 100% a carplay/apple thing not implemented in the box.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:48 PM
gwagoneer
3rd Gear

My solution was to just use Waze as it behaves how you describe. It knows when sunset is and changes automatically.

Apple maps seems to be tied to headlight hardware and the Joyeauto box doesn’t have this functionality as far I can tell. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:09 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I got mine up and running. The only issue is I can’t get navigation prompts through any map function (Google/Apple) or Waze. The audio (music/podcast) pauses like the nav app is giving instructions but there is no audio. Thoughts? JoyeAuto said connect via aux instead of BlueTooth but I can’t. I don’t have a headphone jack. I tried a cable to the factory USB connector in the center console but that didn’t work.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:40 AM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
I got mine up and running. The only issue is I can’t get navigation prompts through any map function (Google/Apple) or Waze. The audio (music/podcast) pauses like the nav app is giving instructions but there is no audio. Thoughts? JoyeAuto said connect via aux instead of BlueTooth but I can’t. I don’t have a headphone jack. I tried a cable to the factory USB connector in the center console but that didn’t work.
You need to connect the AUX cable
from the 48pin splice (female) to the joyeauto carplay box using their supplied cable.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:23 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by element
you can buy these straight from the manufacturer as well. then cobble together all the resources across the forums and its an easy install.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Plug...1ba34c4dFrVcLl

Lots of different versions if you have android as well.

phil.
$380 ain’t bad, I bet Best Buy could even do this. My local Best Buy gets Porsche’s, Ferrari’s and Lamborghini all the time so they’re use to it and still do what would take me all day for $100

EDIT: nevermind I saw all the complains, I’m not risking it
Old 08-30-2019, 09:09 PM
Mirrorslap
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Kish
I think what JoyeAuto is referring to is you need to set your audio input on your PCM to AUX, then it will use Bluetooth to establish a connection and then route audio via wifi. It took me a while to figure everything out. Let me know if that helps.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:02 AM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SoCal Installers

Hello. Does anyone have any referrals to a shop that can install this product in Southern California (Los Angeles)? Thank you
Old 08-31-2019, 11:12 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

You need to connect the AUX cable
from the 48pin splice (female) to the joyeauto carplay box using their supplied cable.
Thanks skinnytirez. That worked perfectly. Still having some intermittent issues with making and receiving calls through CarPlay but very happy with the upgrade and will say JoyeAuto was very good at responding to questions though there is something of a language barrier.
Mirrorslap (08-31-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 12:07 AM
dodurgali
1st Gear

Hi Bolen, and thanks for the important post. I too have a 2013 Porsche Cayenne with 6-speed manual transmission. I would not sell it if someone offered me its original sicker price. It has only 35K miles now. I was looking for a retrofit Apple CarPlay and backup camera. I sent an e-mail to Erik using the e-mail address you provided in your post. it came back as undeliverable. I will try to call him tomorrow.

My Cayenne is really basic; it came with a standard radio and DVD player. I did not want to pay for PCM 3.1. Do you think we could still retrofit a CarPlay system with 7-inch screen and backup camera?

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )