Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 03:02 PM
kari
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by joshuajj
Hello, guys
I purchased and test fitted joyeauto on 2013 cayenne turbo. Everything seems work but when I put gear on reverse, there is guidance but no rear view camera, just blacked out. Checked dip switch 8 was on when I received joyeauto box.
I cycled dip switch 8, nothing happend, tried every single settings in joyeauto settings, not happening. Once I remove fuse (power for joyeauto) rear view works seamlessly. Did anyone have same issue like me? Thanks.
I assume you have an OEM rear view camera and you didnt connect anything to the joyeauto camera inputs?
Did you try the steps in this instruction from joyeauto?
https://www.joyeauto.com/trouble-sho...era-cant-work/
Basically, disconnect power, cycle all the 8 switches on and off (maybe a couple of times) and then set the switches back as per the instruction sheet....

The following users liked this post:
Boomer80 (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 03:06 PM
joshuajj
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kari
I assume you have an OEM rear view camera and you didnt connect anything to the joyeauto camera inputs?
Basically, disconnect power, cycle all the 8 switches on and off (maybe a couple of times) and then set the switches back as per the instruction sheet....
I did not cycle all the 8 switches, just number 8 cycled. Due to tried snaking wires, and find space for placing joyeauto unit, I will bring it to installation shop and try...
and lets see what is going to be happened.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks for this possible fix Kari. Seeing as I haven’t got much else to do these days, I’m going to give this a try. I put the board back in and made sure everything was working stock so all I need to do is give this a try.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:29 PM
kari
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boomer80
Thanks for this possible fix Kari. Seeing as I haven’t got much else to do these days, I’m going to give this a try. I put the board back in and made sure everything was working stock so all I need to do is give this a try.
Yes, worth a shot - especially switch 6 which toggles CVBS and RGB inputs...

The troubleshooting page helped me with another problem ...i used to get a blank screen when toggling between PCM and Carplay which was annoying (or when the connection to my phone dropped for some reason). Found out that I had to turn all the other options in the carplay unit like TV/DVD/DVR off...once i did that in the settings, the toggling between PCM and Carplay is just a button click!
Boomer80 (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 12:03 PM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Does anyone have a source for the latest joyeauto firmware? The password on page 11 no longer works on the JA website.

The struggle with quarantine boredom is real. Cars and house are cleaner than they've ever been. I've pressure washed everything around the house, polished the brass mail box numbers, cable tucked all the wiring on my wife's desk. I'm waiting on felt tape and dynamat to arrive to fix the rattles in her mini. The JA unit hasn't been updated since it was installed in the fall so, I guess I might as well do that now.
Boomer80 (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 07:27 PM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Yes, worth a shot - especially switch 6 which toggles CVBS and RGB inputs...

The troubleshooting page helped me with another problem ...i used to get a blank screen when toggling between PCM and Carplay which was annoying (or when the connection to my phone dropped for some reason). Found out that I had to turn all the other options in the carplay unit like TV/DVD/DVR off...once i did that in the settings, the toggling between PCM and Carplay is just a button click!
The dip switch was the fix. Got everything back together and all is good. Thanks again Kari!
kari (04-18-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 08:17 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer80
The dip switch was the fix. Got everything back together and all is good. Thanks again Kari!
Hey great news! Sounded like a very long road, but hopefully you'll be happy with the results. I've had it for a couple weeks now and I'm quite happy with it.

Found some interesting things. Probably most of you have had this happen too. So my car is connected to the PCM via bluetooth and also to the Carplay via bluetooth. Sometimes there can be some confusion like when the phone rings. It seems my phone will couple with the PCM when the phone rings even though both know it's ringing. The PCM takes over and I can only talk and hear the phone using PCM. If I answer with the carplay, there's no sound. Of course I could disable the bluetooth connection to PCM, but I'm not always in carplay mode. So it's still connected to both and if the phone rings, I answer it with PCM side.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:36 PM
kari
Instructor

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Does anyone have a source for the latest joyeauto firmware? The password on page 11 no longer works on the JA website.

The struggle with quarantine boredom is real. Cars and house are cleaner than they've ever been. I've pressure washed everything around the house, polished the brass mail box numbers, cable tucked all the wiring on my wife's desk. I'm waiting on felt tape and dynamat to arrive to fix the rattles in her mini. The JA unit hasn't been updated since it was installed in the fall so, I guess I might as well do that now.
Check out:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=953

Old 04-19-2020, 09:21 AM
hotrod2448
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

That works. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2020, 10:47 AM
joshuajj
AutoX

Yesterday my professional positioned my boxes and connect all the connectors, and magically rear view camera works seamlessly!
Everything seems work perfect, but when I turn on apple music on and skip the music, by doing that, there is 3 second delay to skip the next song which no sound for first three second.
My iPhone was 13.3 and joyeauto box firmware was 2019/09/16, I will try updating firmwares and check that make sure its fixed!
Old 04-20-2020, 03:55 AM
Robybest
2nd Gear

Good morning Everybody,
I would like to ask if there is an Android Interface to be connected to Original PCM 3.1 of my Cayenne 2013 and also additional Rear Monitor with HDMI/RCA Video IN.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:52 PM
PORSCHEJAYHAWK
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/23/po...tage-porsches/

OK, Porsche... now make one for us, please!
pdxjim (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:17 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Robybest
Good morning Everybody,
I would like to ask if there is an Android Interface to be connected to Original PCM 3.1 of my Cayenne 2013 and also additional Rear Monitor with HDMI/RCA Video IN.

If you don't already have PRSE equipped on your car, you can't add the newer android based PRSE units. However, you can remove them very easily and there is a 12v barrel connector that you can use to power an ipad or android tablet, which are both way better than what porsche puts in there.

You can retrofit Android Auto to your PCM 3.1. Works perfectly, only way you can tell is there's an extra USB connector under your dash for android auto/carplay and a small audio lead that goes into your aux jack. This does not add any rear entertainment capability, however.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:19 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by PORSCHEJAYHAWK

The aftermarket PCM 3.1 retrofit is way cheaper and works even better since it adds Android Auto. All you have to do is push 'nav' to flip to CarPlay/AA and it looks factory. Also, unlike the 996, the 997 and later cars have more integration between the head unit and the car. Seems unlikely they would do this, especially since the Cayennes aren't going up in value ever. 996, with its plethora of reconfigurable DIN slots, is probably one of the best cars ever for an aftermarket stereo upgrade.

-n.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:22 PM
Boomer80
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PORSCHEJAYHAWK

So it says they make a double din unit and there is an aftermarket double din bracket for our vehicles, but I’m wondering if this will be a plug and play solution. This radio would need to have plug adapters for the 48 pin plug and at least the 5 other potential plugs our current PCM’s use in order to keep all of the original functions like XM, USB, cameras etc.

plus if this is a P car part, you can bet it will be big $$$$.

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )