Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 03:32 PM
khare
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mirrorslap
I also had my unit freeze up a few days ago. I contacted tech support and they told me to run a wire and tap into ACC power. I really didn't want to do that as it was working fine before. I ended up pulling fuse #51 and that brought it back. I was having the same issue where I'd see IDCORE but pressing Navi wouldn't switch to CarPlay. I updated my firmware in the Joyeauto unit yesterday and re-paired my phone.

Those who are running the ACC power option, was that something included in the kit or did you do this yourselves? Also does it take any longer for CarPlay and music to start working from a cold start using ACC power?

thanks,

Misha
I have timed it at about 25 seconds for CarPlay display to come up from a cold start. In my kit there is an ACC wire that comes off the main harness that joyeauto ask to connect to an unused fuse in the fuse box ... I have tried multiple fuse locations in the right hand side fuse box and all seem to work so I don’t know if there is something specific about fuse 38 although #38 was also what was recommended to me when I asked hoyeauto about the ACC connection. In my car fuse 38 was already being so that’s what prompted me to use other fuse locations in that fuse box.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:42 PM
lexart
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those who are running the ACC power option, was that something included in the kit or did you do this yourselves? Also does it take any longer for CarPlay and music to start working from a cold start using ACC power?
Yes, the ACC wire is part of the updated 48-pin harness. You can see it going to the Joyeauto CP controller plug. My controller would not work without the ACC wire connected to switched power source. I added separate 10A inline fuse to ACC line and then to fuse slot #38 in right fuse panel

Old 10-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Mike DeStefano
6th Gear

I also had my unit freeze up a few days ago. I contacted tech support and they told me to run a wire and tap into ACC power. I really didn't want to do that as it was working fine before. I ended up pulling fuse #51 and that brought it back. I was having the same issue where I'd see IDCORE but pressing Navi wouldn't switch to CarPlay. I updated my firmware in the Joyeauto unit yesterday and re-paired my phone.

thanks,

Misha
The ACC option was part of my wiring harness the came with the kit. I just received my kit about a week or so and I have seen others mention it ea a later addition. I just updated to IOS 13.1.2 and it continues to pair and launch Carplay.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Mickey_Nygaard
Cruisin'

I ordered the JoyeAuto Carplay kit for my 2014 Porsche Panamera Executive Turbo a few months ago but just recently had an installer install it.
Everything is pretty cool...Siri is a nice addon and the fact that the car now starts with AUX and Navi selected so I don't have to start with FM radio any longer is sweeeet!
Scrolling on the touch screen is useless but I can live without that.
I do have a couple of issues...the steering wheel button is configured for "Next track" but does not work....also when the front sensors senses something, normally it switches to the front camera so I can see what's up - This does not work either (changing to reverse still shows the 360 cam)

Anyone come across the issues above and could help out with a solution? I've e-mailed JoyeTech as well.

Thanks, Mickey
Old 10-09-2019, 11:28 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I would like to ask about a few issues with the joyeauto apple play install. I have Installed in my 14 cayenne and initially had severe echo from all callers.
I have since solved the echo problem by starting the PCM and the joyeauto Apple play Bluetooth simultaneously. Unfortunately I am unsure if the calls are now going through the PCM or through the new Apple play.

The entire system has become buggy with lock ups resulting in a black screen with pressing the nav button. I do eventually reconfigure via the Porsche icon and the Apple play program starts but not as smooth as I’m reading from others on this post. It takes nearly one minute be for an audible book to be recognized and the sound usually will not play through the speakers.

I also cannot get get to the joyeauto tech page with my password for joyeautotech as the page just keeps recycling.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:51 AM
khare
Track Day

Originally Posted by s996
I would like to ask about a few issues with the joyeauto apple play install. I have Installed in my 14 cayenne and initially had severe echo from all callers.
I have since solved the echo problem by starting the PCM and the joyeauto Apple play Bluetooth simultaneously. Unfortunately I am unsure if the calls are now going through the PCM or through the new Apple play.

The entire system has become buggy with lock ups resulting in a black screen with pressing the nav button. I do eventually reconfigure via the Porsche icon and the Apple play program starts but not as smooth as I’m reading from others on this post. It takes nearly one minute be for an audible book to be recognized and the sound usually will not play through the speakers.

I also cannot get get to the joyeauto tech page with my password for joyeautotech as the page just keeps recycling.
Are u sure you don’t have a bad board ? It looks like you can’t rule out that the hardware is buggy based on the issues you are having.
if the incoming phone call is coming through CarPlay then incoming audio will go through the aux port to the speakers ( and not the pcm) and the microphone connected to Joyeauto will be the mic used for that phone call. If you haven’t already you should delete the original Bluetooth connection called PCM from your Bluetooth connections in the iPhone and only connect through IDCORE.

do you have the same problems if you disable WiFi in your phone and connect for CarPlay through the USB port ? So see if you can bypass Bluetooth and WiFi in the joyeauto system by using the USB port into the phone directly and see if that helps solve some of your issues. If you are having echo problems you also might want to try and change the mic and see if that helps.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Mike DeStefano
6th Gear

One thing you may consider doing is disconnecting completely from PCM. The new Apple play should cover everything that the PCM connection was doing for you. I had some of the same things taking place and I deleted the PC and Bluetooth connection and now it works good.I’m also curious to know what power source you plug the auxiliary power connection to.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:55 AM
khare
Track Day

Delete the original Bluetooth connection called PCM from your iPhone Bluetooth settings and only connect the iPhone thru IDCORE
if that does not solve it then turnoff WiFi in iPhone and see if connecting through USB thru iPhone lightening port helps solve the issues
if that does not work consider if u might have a bad microphone from joyeauto and see if u can test with another mic
if that does not help u might have a defective joyeauto hardware board
Old 10-10-2019, 05:41 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all of the replies.

With the echo I unplugged the pcm microphones thinking they were competing without change.
I have disconnected and replaced the joyeauto mic without a change.
With pcm connected in Bluetooth simultaneously with incscore my echo is gone indicationing my car is using pcm for the phone not the apple play.
I have disabled pcm Bluetooth and it echos
I can only make call or hear audio if the WiFi from joyeauto is connected. And when it freezes I reset the WiFi and it works again indicating that Bluetooth is doing nothing.

It connects to the incore Bluetooth but this doesn’t seem to matter if it’s on or not

the frustrating part is after spending 5 minutes to get it configured I can hear my audiobook playing and feel good about the world and when a phone call comes in and then hangs up the whole system is lockedup again.

I have great touchscreen and the icons work it’s just not good

I will shop for newer or better versions if I can’t get this to work. Do you guys think software from joyeauto is an issue?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:55 PM
khare
Track Day

Thanks for all of the replies.

With the echo I unplugged the pcm microphones thinking they were competing without change.
I have disconnected and replaced the joyeauto mic without a change.
With pcm connected in Bluetooth simultaneously with incscore my echo is gone indicationing my car is using pcm for the phone not the apple play.
I have disabled pcm Bluetooth and it echos
I can only make call or hear audio if the WiFi from joyeauto is connected. And when it freezes I reset the WiFi and it works again indicating that Bluetooth is doing nothing.

It connects to the incore Bluetooth but this doesn’t seem to matter if it’s on or not

the frustrating part is after spending 5 minutes to get it configured I can hear my audiobook playing and feel good about the world and when a phone call comes in and then hangs up the whole system is lockedup again.

I have great touchscreen and the icons work it’s just not good

I will shop for newer or better versions if I can’t get this to work. Do you guys think software from joyeauto is an issue?
Did you try just using the USB connection from joyeauto into your phone (disable your phone wifi when you try this) ? do you have the same issues ?
Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Yes unit works with usb and connection is immediate.

But phone calls have a terrible caller echo without pcm booted even with usb.

When I unplug the usb this results in Porsche setup screen and no link to CarPlay despite Bluetooth and WiFi connection.

thanks
Old 10-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Flexxxx
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mickey_Nygaard
I ordered the JoyeAuto Carplay kit for my 2014 Porsche Panamera Executive Turbo a few months ago but just recently had an installer install it.
Everything is pretty cool...Siri is a nice addon and the fact that the car now starts with AUX and Navi selected so I don't have to start with FM radio any longer is sweeeet!
Scrolling on the touch screen is useless but I can live without that.
I do have a couple of issues...the steering wheel button is configured for "Next track" but does not work....also when the front sensors senses something, normally it switches to the front camera so I can see what's up - This does not work either (changing to reverse still shows the 360 cam)

Anyone come across the issues above and could help out with a solution? I've e-mailed JoyeTech as well.

Thanks, Mickey
Same car. Same issues. See post #117. Looking for answers as well.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:00 PM
carbonm
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tempted to do this... but sounds like there are still bugs out there.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Sherry Kay
1st Gear

apple play started in 2017 models

I have the 2016 model and I'm looking to get apple play installed in Chicago area
Old 10-20-2019, 10:08 PM
carbonm
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sherry Kay
apple play started in 2017 models

I have the 2016 model and I'm looking to get apple play installed in Chicago area
In 'Chicago' as well (north burbs) if you find a good option please let me know.
The following users liked this post:
pdxjim (10-20-2019)

Quick Reply: CarPlay Retrofit in PCM 3.1 Cayenne 2013 ( With Pictures )