Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Bravo ltc, he typed suvar (in hindi India's national language) which means P!g. I speak a different Indian language but also speak Hindi fluently.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Default Options on the w00tMOBILE: Espresso/Cognac interior

Why did I order it: I am a huge fan of natural leather. Porsche uses their highest quality hide for this. Wears well over time. Only two color options, never had a two tone so there was only one choice. Hence the E/C.

My review: I expected a slightly richer color on the cognac. But my wife tells me this IS true cognac and if it were darker it would be English malt color. My wife absolutely loves it ..... what else matters ? We specifically wanted the stock high gloss piano black as both my wife and I are not big fans of wood interior (I can see why people love wood .. they do look gorgeous) and have always associated wood with MB or Lexus ie luxury cruisers. We feel that we made the right choice. Oh BTW, can you believe it that Porsche gave us something free ... The deviated stitching. I had to pay some big $$$ for this option on the 997.2.

If I had to do it again: R U kiddin me. Definite yes.
Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:45 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Hope you all like this idea of detailed report on the options and the shots to go with it. I certainly am enjoying it bringing them to you. My hope is that I will help potential future owners. I struggled with the options as an early adopter and did not want this to happen to fellow Porschephiles. Here are two more shots
Attached Images   
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 AM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. Really nice looking car(and really well taken pictures.)
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

awesome pics aram!.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Tango635
Racer

The more I look at the pictures, the more I like it. All the materials and fit and finish look superb, I hope everything wells as well as it looks. On the interior I wouldn't change a thing, w00t, every choice you made looks like the ONLY choice.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Tango635
Racer

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I'm debating now if I want to make a change too. While the GC looks pretty nice historically they depreciate terribly. Amazing how well the Wrangler maintains it's value while the GC just falls off a cliff. Top on my list right now is the 4Runner, but I have the 993 for the thrills.
I have not sat in a current 4 runner, but what I really disliked about previous designs was the very low seating. I think my 3.2 has slightly higher seating than my friends '95 for example.

Money doesn't grow on trees for most people, so if you were looking to protect your "investment", then the 4 runner is the way to go. On the other hand if you're gonna keep it for a long while, then steep depreciation may take a back seat to other preferences, especially if you buy slightly used. In terms of off-roadability, I think the Jeep should win out based on past performance.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 AM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Hope you all like this idea of detailed report on the options and the shots to go with it. I certainly am enjoying it bringing them to you. My hope is that I will help potential future owners. I struggled with the options as an early adopter and did not want this to happen to fellow Porschephiles. Here are two more shots
You bet we are enjoying the options report, it is the most useful thread! Keep them coming pls. That's this kind of posts that make forums so great. I specced my cayenne last week but still have plenty of time to change. The E/C is stunning and by far my favourite colour combo. Completely agree on high gloss black too, otherwise you ibtroduce yet another color and it gets too busy, plus it is free Your pictures are really doing it justice even on iPhone screen! I emailed dealer to change to this combo. They had a Panamera in the showroom in that color I liked it but I think it works even better on the brighter/airier interior of the cayenne. Plus the stitching really dresses the dash nicely, which you don't get on standard colors, umber for instance way too bland...

Did you get the alcantara headliner by any chance?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 AM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - stunning pictures. The outside set with the highway/barn looked like a Cayenne promo piece from Porsche. And the interior shots fading in/out of focus... great sepia... semi-pro. Just bought a new '11 Cayenne... I say Canon 5D w/ 24-70 f/2.8.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nicely done Amar.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

w00t, fantastic photos and love the option by option review. Please keep them coming! Have you figured out what/where all the buttons are yet?? I like the idea of individual buttons much better than BMW's I Drive! Got a loaner BMW I-Drive when my wife's BMW was in the shop and w/out a manual it drove me nuts trying to figure that thing out. Some things were easy, others were a total PITA!

Tango, I'm not going to clutter up w00t's review of his truck with any more OT discussions. Would love to discuss further but just not in this thread.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Bill loving the different buttons, feel like an airline pilot. Thank you for the comments. I'm having a hard time projecting the exact color of cognac. This was taken on a cloudy day (this morning) and I think this more accurately reflects the shade. BTW, very hard to keep it clean.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2011, 03:02 PM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
BTW, very hard to keep it clean.
Love the color reproduction, you are gifted with the camera. But surely no harder to keep clean than standard beige? Imagine much harder than black but you think worse than other lighter colors?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:22 PM
pedah3
4th Gear

Just saw a Espresso/Cognac in person a couple of weeks ago locally. I had already locked the order with that combo (also with piano black) so was greatly relieved it looked so good. Congrats.

All the way to Portland to get the car? History there or just bad experiences with the WA dealers?

See you stopped in Goldendale - ever done the Maryhill Loops road? Its a total blast to do the hill-climb without any traffic. Audi Club NW goes there annually but we/they welcome all makes. Always a few Porsche drivers there.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Dude...I forgot you put a Burmester in that thing.... How are you liking THAT?!?!

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar