Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 02:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by mezgermischief
Yup, well said. This is my beloved car. I had every inclination not to buy this car but something didn't seem right. I got in contact with the previous owner, the sour broker as-well as prior service advisors etc. The broker clearly was distraught by his inability to purchase the car at the price he saw fit and that's about as much of his angle that I took away after speaking to him. The previous owner however went above and beyond, taking hours of his time to speak to me after I somewhat creepishly tracked down his contact info.
This isn't the perfect example of a 997, but it is far from how it was presented to be. It has been the best car I have ever owned, and I can say with certainty it's the perfect drivers example.
​​​​​
This ECU was acquired by the first or second owner and was subsequently included in the sale to the owner before me. I am not sure how long this Bosch unit was used for if at all, but I do know the prior owner never installed it.
@mezgermischief ... Glad you chimed in here on the story for your car. ... and that Kevin chimed in on his observations too...

Question: Should you ever decide to sell your car,... it might be good to re-up that old 2020 {buyer beware thread} that has your VIN number which will appear upon future goo gle searches .... If you would like, we could all go back in there & denounce the original posters claims. Might be good to close that false chapter out (especially if you ever decide to sell, or even for your kids if its a dead mans car)
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (09-07-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 02:56 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
@mezgermischief ... Glad you chimed in here on the story for your car. ... and that Kevin chimed in on his observations too...

Question: Should you ever decide to sell your car,... it might be good to re-up that old 2020 {buyer beware thread} that has your VIN number which will appear upon future goo gle searches .... If you would like, we could all go back in there & denounce the original posters claims. Might be good to close that false chapter out (especially if you ever decide to sell, or even for your kids if its a dead mans car)
its both sides of hearsay - opened bolts with paint marks / hrs vs miles on ecu etc moves to facts
mezgermischief (09-07-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 03:08 PM
mezgermischief
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve

I don't disagree; especially in resolving the prior owners reputation that was tarnished without warrant. However, part of me feels like distancing from the drama is more beneficial than continuing it. It's an unfortunate thread, but I think we need to remind ourselves that the internet allows one to broadcast their voice regardless of its legitimacy. As with everything in life, questioning and doing ones duedilligence is crucial. I dug for the truth and I think the same should be done by everyone. To "correct" that thread in my eyes only enables ones tendency to make decisions based on others opinions. I went into purchasing this car with a predisposition from that thread, yet I made a decision dependent on reading between the lines and looking past the low hanging fruit of information. And it worked out for me, with the additional satisfaction of being able to take full-ownership of the decision.
The following 5 users liked this post by mezgermischief:
bweSteve (09-07-2022), fc-racer (09-27-2022), jonwb (09-07-2022), jreifler (09-08-2022), nle (09-12-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Kirill Glazkov
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2007 GT3 Black
WP0AC29997S793029
CarFax shows damage, dealer obviously don't know anything about it. Google search by the vin shows no results.
Was wondering if anyone knows this car or maybe previous owner is here?
  • Accident reported: minor damage
    • Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
    • Damage to left rear
    • Damage to rear
    • Vehicle towed
    • Vehicle not drivable
    • Airbags did not deploy
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...334196327/NONE
Old 09-08-2022, 10:47 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
When I worked with them they tried to sell me on the thicker padding as a $50 upgrade, they think people want it since it was a factory upgrade. I told them I didn’t want anything but the Alcantara and use my existing filler. For the most part it seems fine to me, I don’t have any bunching like that pic, but my wheel also looks thinner.
@Wonderdan do you have a pic of your wheel? I was under the impression that you can get Dallas to replace the Alcantara and match the factory wheel in thickness and look.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:58 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Body In White
@Wonderdan do you have a pic of your wheel? I was under the impression that you can get Dallas to replace the Alcantara and match the factory wheel in thickness and look.
mine is not a good example as my wheel is a both a three spoke option and thick wheel option… so it’s a dif wheel all together although similar. The original owner was clearly into wheels lol.

Also one of the reasons I decided to refurbish mine is that I found out that I can only order the wheel from the factory in Germany by providing my VIN and it’s like $3800.

i thought they did very well… no bunching

Sorry in advance of the off topic post.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 09-08-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:25 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

I don't disagree; especially in resolving the prior owners reputation that was tarnished without warrant. However, part of me feels like distancing from the drama is more beneficial than continuing it. It's an unfortunate thread, but I think we need to remind ourselves that the internet allows one to broadcast their voice regardless of its legitimacy. As with everything in life, questioning and doing ones duedilligence is crucial. I dug for the truth and I think the same should be done by everyone. To "correct" that thread in my eyes only enables ones tendency to make decisions based on others opinions. I went into purchasing this car with a predisposition from that thread, yet I made a decision dependent on reading between the lines and looking past the low hanging fruit of information. And it worked out for me, with the additional satisfaction of being able to take full-ownership of the decision.
You could always explain the situation to a potential buyer I suppose. But if somebody saw your car on Autotrader then googled the VIN, went to the thread, then dismissed the car out of hand that's not fair to you. But you have time to decide. I was not aware that dude was a broker. It's hard to assess people's true motives. Most important is you bought it right and you're having a gas in it.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:09 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 486 Posts

When / if you sell, prospective buyers will just have to go through the same process you did. Or not. You'll be the one able to point them to this and prior discussions.

P.S. Wanna sell me your tarnished RS at an inordinate discount so I can track it mercilessly ?

P.P.S. Enjoy seeing / hearing your IG GT3 soundtrack posts.
mezgermischief (09-11-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 12:21 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,717 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
mine is not a good example as my wheel is a both a three spoke option and thick wheel option… so it’s a dif wheel all together although similar. The original owner was clearly into wheels lol.

Also one of the reasons I decided to refurbish mine is that I found out that I can only order the wheel from the factory in Germany by providing my VIN and it’s like $3800.

i thought they did very well… no bunching

Sorry in advance of the off topic post.
That wheel actually looks good. My wheel is the skinny wheel and Dallas said they couldn't recover the wheel without making it a little thicker. I did not want a thicker wheel as I love the thin wheel. I feel it fits the cars responsiveness.
jonwb (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

WP0AC2A97AS783361 $165,500 w/ BAT Fee. 26k miles & pinned lines. Seems like a good price with some great mods. But maybe the mods kept some away.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-porsche-911-gt3-45/
Old 09-09-2022, 05:16 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by jmann2380
WP0AC2A97AS783361 $165,500 w/ BAT Fee. 26k miles & pinned lines. Seems like a good price with some great mods. But maybe the mods kept some away.

I don't think its the mods, market is softening in general and unless you have some unicorn(PTS or a sub 1k mile garage queen) it will affect all cars.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:27 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I don't think its the mods, market is softening in general and unless you have some unicorn(PTS or a sub 1k mile garage queen) it will affect all cars.
I think that is definitely the case too... less buyers in the room. 26k miles is an odd mileage though. Not low, but not driver mileage per se, but could easily get there with a year of driving. I'd rather buy a 40k mile example I think; less downside risk to the value.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:18 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 607 Posts

I think that is definitely the case too... less buyers in the room. 26k miles is an odd mileage though. Not low, but not driver mileage per se, but could easily get there with a year of driving. I'd rather buy a 40k mile example I think; less downside risk to the value.
I mean I sold my perfect 14k mile pccb w/leather 8 months ago for the same price and we thought it could be the peak then… so 2022 was just a quick blip in time

Last edited by Wonderdan; 09-09-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:39 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 405 Posts

I think this was strong number given mileage, poverty spec, and mods. A 13k mile car with full leather sold for similar price on Bat a few month ago so relative to that this is a high price. MSRP on this was only 119k. That’s low. Some well specced .2s are in the $150s msrp.

Last edited by 8Lug; 09-09-2022 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:01 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

Felt like it was a slight overpay with fees.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...