Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 02:54 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Description says pilot 4s from 2016 but In the photos has Cup 2s. Also I think it has Pagid RS29 pads.

If you asking 190k, details matter.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:17 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Video looks super clean.

Anyone know more? Little optimistic on the price IMO.
I love the revving to 6k RPMs on a cold engine. Such an amateur move.
The following 2 users liked this post by GlenGT3:
Flat6997 (04-01-2022), RAudi Driver (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 05:27 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikon
Sold for $121,997 + $5k fee.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:41 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 76 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-7/
I believe this might be a good comp to the above CB.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:59 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-7/
I believe this might be a good comp to the above CB.
I think the mods and questions about paint meter readings held that one back a bit.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 08:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
I think the mods and questions about paint meter readings held that one back a bit.
I also wonder what it would have brought on BAT. Still a very solid number for a .1 GT3. Doesn't look like that one met reserve at $143,250.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:55 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Sold for $121,997 + $5k fee.
so I was watching this one. Dme showed no overrevs. Zero. Hard to believe with a car having over 40k miles but the think that gave me pause was that half of the car had a high paint meter reading 8 with right front fender jut to the rear of the wheel having much higher readings. Rest of the car was 4-6. Carfax said no accident. Was this 8 considered a factory paint reading or did it have a respray?
Old 04-02-2022, 01:04 AM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Racer
so I was watching this one. Dme showed no overrevs. Zero. Hard to believe with a car having over 40k miles but the think that gave me pause was that half of the car had a high paint meter reading 8 with right front fender jut to the rear of the wheel having much higher readings. Rest of the car was 4-6. Carfax said no accident. Was this 8 considered a factory paint reading or did it have a respray?
I may be wrong, but I believe most factory paint jobs are in the 4-5mil range, and obviously could be less with time as clear coat thins a bit. My car is in the 3-4mil consistently on every panel. So with a reading of 8, if that car has no ppf, it most likely had a respray.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:15 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 251 Posts

it’s not hard at all to have zero over rev events logged in 997 GT3. I just sold a 41k mile car that had all zeros. That was a two owner car, a close friend bought it and then sold to me. We both tracked it. And we didn’t miss any shifts. End of story. It’s a 9k limit for the first category which is 600 rpm higher than the redline.
The following 3 users liked this post by cbracerx:
GlenGT3 (04-02-2022), RAudi Driver (04-02-2022), skarkp (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 10:41 AM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
I may be wrong, but I believe most factory paint jobs are in the 4-5mil range, and obviously could be less with time as clear coat thins a bit. My car is in the 3-4mil consistently on every panel. So with a reading of 8, if that car has no ppf, it most likely had a respray.
yeah. That’s what I thought too. I did paint meter readings on my car and it was 4-5 everywhere. so definitely think that half of the BAT car was resprayed. I didn’t want to comment on that in the auction. I don’t know what to think of that sale price with those miles and number?

Last edited by Turbo Racer; 04-02-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,115 Likes on 601 Posts

yeah. That’s what I thought too. I did paint meter readings on my car and it was 4-5 everywhere. so definitely think that half of the BAT car was resprayed. I didn’t want to comment on that in the auction. I don’t know what to think of that sale price with those miles and number?
I get my RS back in a week or so I’ll check my front bumper to see what it reads since it’s had scratches and a respray.

All auction sites are a bit of a gamble if you don’t go in person. I bought this RS on BAT and it’s pretty much immaculate now, but one thing that wasn’t cosmetic and I couldn’t diagnose remotely unless I test drive it was the transmission.

If it had been a regular GT3 that would have been a big $ miss and I’d be super pissed, and no there is no recourse that’s worth my time, I checked with my/attorney.

Bill Rader has had the car for a few weeks and I have all new clutch, steele gears, numeric etc >$10,000… (20k at a dealer) it’s better than new so I feel good about it, but still gotta check ourselves when we get excited sometimes.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 04-02-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Turbo Racer (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 12:21 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
I get my RS back in a week or so I’ll check my front bumper to see what it reads since it’s had scratches and a respray.

All auction sites are a bit of a gamble if you don’t go in person. I bought this RS on BAT and it’s pretty much immaculate now, but one thing that wasn’t cosmetic and I couldn’t diagnose remotely unless I test drive it was the transmission.

If it had been a regular GT3 that would have been a big $ miss and I’d be super pissed, and no there is no recourse that’s worth my time, I checked with my/attorney.

Bill Rader has had the car for a few weeks and I have all new clutch, steele gears, numeric etc >$10,000… (20k at a dealer) it’s better than new so I feel good about it, but still gotta check ourselves when we get excited sometimes.
you won’t get a reading on plastic parts like bumpers. It only works on metals.

why would the transmission issue be a bigger deal on a GT3 vs RS? Isn’t it the same cost to fix?
Robocop305 (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 12:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Right side of that car has been painted most likely. I think in most cases of paintwork, documentation will help to ease peoples concerns. The 14-16 meter readings at the bottom of the front right fender could have been someone not holding the meter flat on the paint or it could have been an indication of body filler which someone pointed out in the comments. Given that they measured the other side fine, I would guess it did have some thicker paint or filler. I'd also hope that with a reading that high they would have checked again, which I'm sure they did.

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
Yes, factory paint I'd expect to be in the 3-6 range depending on car and color.

Originally Posted by cbracerx
it’s not hard at all to have zero over rev events logged in 997 GT3. I just sold a 41k mile car that had all zeros. That was a two owner car, a close friend bought it and then sold to me. We both tracked it. And we didn’t miss any shifts. End of story. It’s a 9k limit for the first category which is 600 rpm higher than the redline.
Agreed, plenty of cars driven very hard with clean DME's. DME also has no indication if a car was redlined on cold oil (which I know is obvious) yet is not great for a motor as we all know.

Well it's one of the less expensive clean title .1 GT3's on the market. Miles don't matter to me if condition matches up. The seller (who's also a RL member) did all of the things he should have done which is have paint meter readings and also a DME report. That is all we can ask for.

Originally Posted by Wonderdan

Unfortunately standard paint meters won't work on a front bumper since it's plastic. There are some that are $3k+ that will read plastic/composite. Your standard $150+ paint meter will work on steel and aluminum panels.

Dan - glad you're getting your car sorted. Will be satisfying once you start getting some miles on it. Was unfortunate that you had to deal with the issues on your RS given how you handled the auction on your .2 GT3 (donating to charity, giving a RL member a gift card etc).
Turbo Racer (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
you won’t get a reading on plastic parts like bumpers. It only works on metals.

why would the transmission issue be a bigger deal on a GT3 vs RS? Isn’t it the same cost to fix?
Glen - my guess is that since he got a relatively solid deal on his .2RS, the cost to fix vs the value of the car was a smaller % than it would have been on a standard GT3.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,115 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Glen - my guess is that since he got a relatively solid deal on his .2RS, the cost to fix vs the value of the car was a smaller % than it would have been on a standard GT3.
thats exactly right… gotta have an answer for the wife’s - “you spend a few hundred grand on a car and now it’s in the shop… and you shipped it to Vegas to get fixed? This is taking ‘it’s not about the money’ a bit too literally”

Last edited by Wonderdan; 04-02-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...