Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 04:30 PM
ADGT3Flfe
3rd Gear

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Looks like this one already sold. Hope a RL'er got it and gets to enjoy it and keep it for a while.
A "newer" RL'er was fortunate enough to get a hold of this one. Unfortunately I was unable to see it in person before I bought it, but thanks to all those who posted previous links/details and comments here, it seems like it will be a very nice/well kept example to enjoy for many years to come. Doug and his Team @Switchcars were very helpful, informative and easy to work with to make it all happen. Now, just waiting to see/experience my first GT car in person.

As a Newbie looking to become part of the Porsche GT Car world, its good to know there are people out there willing to provide opinions/perspective, information, and guidance for those of us that are not as familiar with GT3s. So thank you for all the help and support.

Cheers!!

The following 6 users liked this post by ADGT3Flfe:
Joe Cho (08-25-2021), nstymatt (08-25-2021), PK911 (08-25-2021), RapidGT (08-26-2021), Seedster (08-25-2021), zshecht7792 (08-26-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-25-2021, 04:39 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
His is worth $170k? OK, mine is now worth $190k....

Some people dream just a little too much.
When was it for sale before? I must have missed that.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:48 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
We talked about it about a month ago and Doug posted the car on his Instagram. Was priced at $160k and has since raised it to $170k.

When on this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post17535847

Doug’s Instagram post:
View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
stpatsday (08-26-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 2,101 Posts

Originally Posted by ADGT3Flfe
A "newer" RL'er was fortunate enough to get a hold of this one. Unfortunately I was unable to see it in person before I bought it, but thanks to all those who posted previous links/details and comments here, it seems like it will be a very nice/well kept example to enjoy for many years to come. Doug and his Team @Switchcars were very helpful, informative and easy to work with to make it all happen. Now, just waiting to see/experience my first GT car in person.

As a Newbie looking to become part of the Porsche GT Car world, its good to know there are people out there willing to provide opinions/perspective, information, and guidance for those of us that are not as familiar with GT3s. So thank you for all the help and support.

Cheers!!
Congrats! Super excited and happy for you that you were able to pick it up. This GT3 is the one that keeps me up at night, as I mentioned. It's really a fantastic spec, mostly the lack of sport chrono, deviated stitching and white wheels. The full clear bra now is what would seal the deal for me. When I was purchasing mine, as crazy as it sounds, one of the things that held me back was that one just had the film removed (since I am guessing it was old) and didn't have an exhaust. The one I was considering (and bought) already had film and exhaust. So it was just two less expenses I had to deal with when I was already spending considerably more than I wanted to at the time.

Sounds like you're not local to Ohio since you weren't able to see it in person. Hope you keep it for many years to come and really enjoy it.

Joe
IrwinMFletcher (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 08:25 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 246 Posts

Cheers!!
Welcome and congrats. She's a beauty.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:45 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Cheers!!
I can give you the backstory on the car, which is actually excellent there’s no bad story, and I was the second owner after the long-term owner in Oregon, I still haven’t upgraded my membership yet but you can message me or bxstr (joe) I think he’s got my actual number, congrats I still wish I kept that car it’s a very exceptional spec and has a lot of things that you don’t see on most GT threes
nstymatt (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Mine, or the one from Beverly Hills? Mine isn't and won't be (and when I bought it, it wasn't publicly for sale). But, I have less miles, more OEM options that people love, and a ton of OEM+ changes, as well as pinned coolant lines, Guard LSD bits, carbon buckets, 4.0 rs clutch kit & steering wheel, forgelines X2 sets, cage, and on and on. So, my sarcastic comment about HIS perceived values just inflates mine and I would never have put that kind of price tag on my car in the first place.

Anyway, clown world. Things are weird these days.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:07 AM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 258 Posts

Cheers!!
Congratulations! I hope you have a lot of fun and you start building a library of great memories with her.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:38 AM
ADGT3Flfe
3rd Gear

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Congrats! Super excited and happy for you that you were able to pick it up. This GT3 is the one that keeps me up at night, as I mentioned. It's really a fantastic spec, mostly the lack of sport chrono, deviated stitching and white wheels. The full clear bra now is what would seal the deal for me. When I was purchasing mine, as crazy as it sounds, one of the things that held me back was that one just had the film removed (since I am guessing it was old) and didn't have an exhaust. The one I was considering (and bought) already had film and exhaust. So it was just two less expenses I had to deal with when I was already spending considerably more than I wanted to at the time.

Sounds like you're not local to Ohio since you weren't able to see it in person. Hope you keep it for many years to come and really enjoy it.

Joe
Originally Posted by Joe Cho
Welcome and congrats. She's a beauty.
Originally Posted by osu s2k
I can give you the backstory on the car, which is actually excellent there’s no bad story, and I was the second owner after the long-term owner in Oregon, I still haven’t upgraded my membership yet but you can message me or bxstr (joe) I think he’s got my actual number, congrats I still wish I kept that car it’s a very exceptional spec and has a lot of things that you don’t see on most GT threes
Originally Posted by Burren
Congratulations! I hope you have a lot of fun and you start building a library of great memories with her.
Thanks for the Welcome!

Yes, I hope to log many miles of enjoyment. I have only sold two vehicles from the fleet (Trucks), so I plan on keeping this one around for quite some time. Just excited to get it and then spend some time with it out on the road.

Joe: Im with you on having a few things done already to not have to worry about and spend money up front to get it sorted. Just be able to get it and start driving/enjoying. As for not seeing it, again, it has all the right things done already, a lot of good comments reviews from past owners and those who may have seen it. Plus Doug had it a few times, so he also had a lot of knowledge/history on it. So I have a better feeling it will all work out.

osu s2k: Thanks for being willing to provide further info / insight. As I am fairly new here, I will try and figure out how to get ahold of you. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:46 PM
ky13
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Long shot, but is anyone interested in trading their high mileage/driver .1 GT3 for my 07 turbo?

Robocop305 (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 02:56 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 269 Posts

I love the garage. You have plenty of space to keep your Turbo and buy a GT3. Best of both worlds.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:07 PM
ky13
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
I love the garage. You have plenty of space to keep your Turbo and buy a GT3. Best of both worlds.
Thank you! The garage can fit 6 cars Saving for a different sunny day toy currently, so for now it's an either or situation (Turbo/GT3). Would be willing to add cash on top for the right car (up to a reasonable amount).
Old 08-26-2021, 06:25 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

Your best option is to sell your turbo and be ready to pounce on the best GT3 suits you when it comes up for sale.

Originally Posted by ky13
Long shot, but is anyone interested in trading their high mileage/driver .1 GT3 for my 07 turbo?

The following 2 users liked this post by FLT6SPD:
Booth9999 (08-27-2021), jonwb (08-27-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 07:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 2,101 Posts

Thanks for the Welcome!

Yes, I hope to log many miles of enjoyment. I have only sold two vehicles from the fleet (Trucks), so I plan on keeping this one around for quite some time. Just excited to get it and then spend some time with it out on the road.

Joe: Im with you on having a few things done already to not have to worry about and spend money up front to get it sorted. Just be able to get it and start driving/enjoying. As for not seeing it, again, it has all the right things done already, a lot of good comments reviews from past owners and those who may have seen it. Plus Doug had it a few times, so he also had a lot of knowledge/history on it. So I have a better feeling it will all work out.

osu s2k: Thanks for being willing to provide further info / insight. As I am fairly new here, I will try and figure out how to get ahold of you. Thanks.
Glad to hear you'll likely hold onto it for a long time.

Regarding buying without seeing it, Doug is probably one of the people you can actually feel comfortable doing that with. There's not many dealers that give you the full picture up front.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:31 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,085 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by ky13
Thank you! The garage can fit 6 cars Saving for a different sunny day toy currently, so for now it's an either or situation (Turbo/GT3). Would be willing to add cash on top for the right car (up to a reasonable amount).

You did porcelain tile that looks like wood, right? Love it. I put tile in my garage that looks like stone but after the fact got the idea of distressed wood. Grrrr....not going to take it out now. Looks great. I used epoxy grout, and can use anything I want to clean it. Love the look of yours.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...