Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:31 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 122 Posts

Welp that was fast. The grey black / gold car with less than 2k miles I posted here sold somewhere in the $160s. Near perfect car if it had buckets .. Hope it was one of you fellas on RL.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Adair (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 11:22 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by nle
Welp that was fast. The grey black / gold car with less than 2k miles I posted here sold somewhere in the $160s. Near perfect car if it had buckets .. Hope it was one of you fellas on RL.
If it had buckets it would have been purchased immediately for one of my clients. I'm not surprised it sold quickly though, that was a fantastic price, lack of "desirable" options notwithstanding.

Old 06-17-2020, 01:01 PM
TypeRS
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

Appreciate it Mr. Adair!

You surfaced a couple I have not seen before.
fijibubba (06-18-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 06:48 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,060 Posts

Another high mileage 997.1 GT3. 84k miles. WP0AC29937S792314

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Type=spotlight

Previously listed here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ed-extras.html
Old 06-17-2020, 08:35 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 540 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboHog
Appreciate it Mr. Adair!

You surfaced a couple I have not seen before.
You're welcome. It's something I really enjoy doing and in a perfect world I would love to start consulting like Doug does and finding just 7.2 RS's for people! But then I couldn't drive as much....

Mj
Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
If it had buckets it would have been purchased immediately for one of my clients. I'm not surprised it sold quickly though, that was a fantastic price, lack of "desirable" options notwithstanding.
Without asking Doug what the reason would be, that his client would not want that car, at that price, when he could have easily put buckets into it ... even though I cannot imagine that would be confidential info.

They are expensive to buy afterwards, but the value proposition could have easily worked. And clearly its easy to go that direction, verses the other way around (wiring).

The only reason I can think of, is that the buyer is not a driver,... but rather a collector / investor.

Sorry guys,... I'm just thinking out loud while banging this out on my keyboard.... but my mind just does not work that way for cars. I was brought up a busted knuckles gearhead that only wrenched for the goal of driving. driving is the only thing I want to do these days!
Old 06-18-2020, 10:54 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Hey Doug, Can I ask what the reason would be, that your client would not want that car, at that price, when he could have easily put buckets into it? ... I cannot imagine that would be confidential info.

=Steve
Not original equipment from the factory is my guess. Important for collector grade cars.
Are the controls for the multifunction seat on the seat itself or on the door? If the latter, then you still retain those which IMO are unsightly.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:16 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Without asking Doug what the reason would be, that his client would not want that car, at that price, when he could have easily put buckets into it ... even though I cannot imagine that would be confidential info.

They are expensive to buy afterwards, but the value proposition could have easily worked. And clearly its easy to go that direction, verses the other way around (wiring).

The only reason I can think of, is that the buyer is not a driver,... but rather a collector / investor.

Sorry guys,... I'm just thinking out loud while banging this out on my keyboard.... but my mind just does not work that way for cars. I was brought up a busted knuckles gearhead that only wrenched for the goal of driving. driving is the only thing I want to do these days!
Honestly it sold so fast that we didn't have time to sort any of that out.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:24 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

There’s something to be said about the joy of collecting and the joy of driving. Both are enticing and enjoyable experiences. But both erode away at each other when it comes to cars.
switchcars (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,060 Posts

Ideally we could do both. Have a driver car and have a collector car. Would like to have a collector BMW M car at some point, with low miles that’s driven maybe 500 miles a year. But that also seems wasteful as I’m just preserving it for either the next guy, or when out driving it someone will rear end you making the collecting worthless.

Ideally cars would be more similar to watches. Watches are valued based on condition and documentation. I can wear a watch all day everyday under a shirt sleeve and keep it nice. You would never know that it didn’t spend all of It’s time in the box. Papers are important too. But no one has ever asked me how much I wore a watch when selling it, always condition and box and papers.

If cars were valued based on service records and condition, then we could all drive them as much as we want without losing.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:51 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Is a 100k mile 73 RS worthless today?
Old 06-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 541 Posts

^^^nope. Give it time; condition will trump miles. We aren't there yet. Still that was a well priced RS any way you slice it. And the market agreed given speed of transaction.
Old 06-18-2020, 01:56 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
^^^nope. Give it time; condition will trump miles. We aren't there yet. Still that was a well priced RS any way you slice it. And the market agreed given speed of transaction.
+1 I cannot emphasize this enough. In all of my vehicle searches and purchases, I'm pretty agnostic on miles. Condition is far more important and often overlooked. I've seen plenty of sub-10k mile cars in pretty bad shape after a hard life on the track get converted back to stock without the proper TLC.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:09 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Ideally cars would be more similar to watches. Watches are valued based on condition and documentation. I can wear a watch all day everyday under a shirt sleeve and keep it nice. You would never know that it didn’t spend all of It’s time in the box. Papers are important too. But no one has ever asked me how much I wore a watch when selling it, always condition and box and papers.

If cars were valued based on service records and condition, then we could all drive them as much as we want without losing.
If only. Carfax has ruined that possibility for the foreseeable future. The root issue is that most car buyers are unable to evaluate condition on their own, so they resort to metrics that should be equated with condition, but aren't, like year, miles, number of owners, region of ownership, and a lack of reported accidents. Unfortunately Carfax doesn't have a category for how many days it was parked at the beach or how closely the owner liked to tailgate construction vehicles.

You wouldn't believe it though, I once got asked how many owners my Breitling had.
And somebody asked me how many miles were on a set of seats I was selling.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:15 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Even condition is fixable. Body can be repainted, leather reconditioned or replaced. A 100k mile 73 RS with a nice paint job and a refreshed interior is far from worthless today. Never understood the point of collecting cars without driving them.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...