The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 01:51 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 292 Posts

Respray...
Originally Posted by bonehead
This one is 'Willow Green'. Is it a repaint?
Old 08-21-2019, 01:57 AM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
If you REALLY want a PTS .2 RS, hire me to get it for you. I have every PTS car in my database and know where most of them are and/or have been. PS I don't work for free and I don't give free help to people who want to attempt to do it on their own.

FWIW there are only three green 997.2 RS, one Signal Green, two RS Green, and I have the history on all of them.
Let's say I share these links with the board. Anyone can find them with a little effort.

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...97-gt3-rs-3-8/
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-8-4/

You're still not going to find the cars. Well you could contact the auction companies and if they can, or will bother, to get them for you a 15%-20% commission should be expected for private transactions.

Doug is not going to work for free or a referral fee. If you want a special car then pay up what Doug wants to get it for you as that is his stock in trade - or go away and waste your time searching and hoping because you will never get the car before someone else on the inside does ... and you will never hear about it. That's the way it works ... just sayin.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:03 AM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by GT3
If you do have the leads on these cars, then it takes nothing more than a couple of phone calls and/or emails.
Yeah ... it's not the effort you pay for it's the information. Far more valuable stuff. Does not apply when selling commodities.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:45 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 530 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Hey Doug. I believe we spoke around 2011 about a 2008 GT2 you and/or Switchcars may have had for sale. It would be awesome if you can assist with this new acquisition now. PM me. Now, I a reasonable man (and pay premium for unique things I want), but I’m also technically in sales; from a cup of water to commercial aircraft. If you do have the leads on these cars, then it takes nothing more than a couple of phone calls and/or emails. Let me know the price. We can draw up any paperwork you like. I appreciate specialized skills and I’m into building business relationships; so if you can provide a service, I would not double-cross (specially for something as simple as this). Let me know how you’d like to set it up. But I’m not inclined to pay anything without knowing end result.

Time is money/peace of mind, and all that...
Good call on retaining Doug and his database.
This will be exciting.

Good luck guys !
Old 08-21-2019, 09:55 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Hey Doug. I believe we spoke around 2011 about a 2008 GT2 you and/or Switchcars may have had for sale. It would be awesome if you can assist with this new acquisition now. PM me. Now, I a reasonable man (and pay premium for unique things I want), but I’m also technically in sales; from a cup of water to commercial aircraft. If you do have the leads on these cars, then it takes nothing more than a couple of phone calls and/or emails. Let me know the price. We can draw up any paperwork you like. I appreciate specialized skills and I’m into building business relationships; so if you can provide a service, I would not double-cross (specially for something as simple as this). Let me know how you’d like to set it up. But I’m not inclined to pay anything without knowing end result.

Time is money/peace of mind, and all that...
You're in sales, I'm in consulting. Maybe it does only take a couple of phone calls/emails (and it's really not that simple), but I get retained up front for knowing who to call. Information costs money. I'll PM you.... but I will warn you that we do not work without a retainer, as we are busy making those same calls for other people who have us on retainer, many of whom are on this thread.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:59 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,489 Likes on 798 Posts

You're in sales, I'm in consulting. Maybe it does only take a couple of phone calls/emails (and it's really not that simple), but I get retained up front for knowing who to call. Information costs money. I'll PM you.... but I will warn you that we do not work without a retainer, as we are busy making those same calls for other people who have us on retainer, many of whom are on this thread.
Well said. You get what you pay for. I will be happy to reach out to you when the time arises.
The following users liked this post:
switchcars (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 10:02 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pors9
Let's say I share these links with the board. Anyone can find them with a little effort.

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...97-gt3-rs-3-8/
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-8-4/

You're still not going to find the cars. Well you could contact the auction companies and if they can, or will bother, to get them for you a 15%-20% commission should be expected for private transactions.

Doug is not going to work for free or a referral fee. If you want a special car then pay up what Doug wants to get it for you as that is his stock in trade - or go away and waste your time searching and hoping because you will never get the car before someone else on the inside does ... and you will never hear about it. That's the way it works ... just sayin.
Thanks Mark for the vote of confidence. And you are right about the auction companies - I've contacted a few of them to find cars that they have previously sold, and never even gotten a courtesy response.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:17 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 530 Likes on 349 Posts

8-21-2019 Lesson of the day.
PAY TO PLAY
Old 08-21-2019, 12:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 289 Likes on 142 Posts

Got you pm. Thanks for the info. Now I understand the structure and what to expect. I’ll be in touch.

On a side note, I don’t get all the hostility with comments like “I don’t work for free”, “I will warn you that blah blah blah”. I’ve never posted that I was expecting anything of the sort. Never even engaged you on this hunt until you replied to my op that you could assist (which I think is great). Perhaps you’ve had bad experiences with other people in the past, but I’d suggest not approaching everyone with such comments. Just explaining your services and fee/broker structure in your original reply would eliminate misunderstandings. I was looking for information. Not asking people that may provide services to do so for free.
QueueCumber (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 12:30 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Got you pm. Thanks for the info. Now I understand the structure and what to expect. I’ll be in touch.

On a side note, I don’t get all the hostility with comments like “I don’t work for free”, “I will warn you that blah blah blah”. I’ve never posted that I was expecting anything of the sort. Never even engaged you on this hunt until you replied to my op that you could assist (which I think is great). Perhaps you’ve had bad experiences with other people in the past, but I’d suggest not approaching everyone with such comments. Just explaining your services and fee/broker structure in your original reply would eliminate misunderstandings. I was looking for information. Not asking people that may provide services to do so for free.
My apologies, I was not trying to be hostile. I get a lot of people that want results-based fee structure and to me that signals that they would rather do the work themselves, from experience. They want everything for free and want to pay for nothing, and the way your request was structured I took as undermining the value in the service I provide.

My firmness in typed words probably came across as hostility, and for that I apologize. Played the savant card a little too hard. Also my back was in severe pain this morning. 2 hours of treatment later and I'm friendly again.
The following 2 users liked this post by switchcars:
mikes70 (08-24-2019), pissedpuppy (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 12:31 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

I kinda agree, and when I saw mark suggest "...or go away and waste your time searching..." thought maybe folks were having a bad day.

I'm thinking today is a better day

btw, time spent searching is never wasted. spending time here on RL is considered searching, & that's some of the MOST fun. we learn something new every day. plus, searching on our own can indeed sometimes end in positive results.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:07 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bweSteve
I kinda agree, and when I saw mark suggest "...or go away and waste your time searching..." thought maybe folks were having a bad day.

I'm thinking today is a better day

btw, time spent searching is never wasted. spending time here on RL is considered searching, & that's some of the MOST fun. we learn something new every day. plus, searching on our own can indeed sometimes end in positive results.
I think we both just read into GT3's post more than we should have.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:13 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

sorry to hear of your back pain Doug. sucks, and definitely enters all aspects of your life, every day every minute. Hope the treatments are helping,... cuz I'm probably right behind ya. scary actually since my lower back pain right now is seemingly giving me neuropathy numbness in the ***** of me feet. NOT what I want to have heading into my 60's when I'm still hoping to operate my manual cars well into my retirement (in the next 6-8 yrs)...

over the last couple years I've seen several GT owners post that they are moving to PDK because of injuries and chronic pain that has forced them out of manuals. sad.

=Steve
Old 08-21-2019, 05:37 PM
sumbaco
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
sorry to hear of your back pain Doug. sucks, and definitely enters all aspects of your life, every day every minute. Hope the treatments are helping,... cuz I'm probably right behind ya. scary actually since my lower back pain right now is seemingly giving me neuropathy numbness in the ***** of me feet. NOT what I want to have heading into my 60's when I'm still hoping to operate my manual cars well into my retirement (in the next 6-8 yrs)...

over the last couple years I've seen several GT owners post that they are moving to PDK because of injuries and chronic pain that has forced them out of manuals. sad.

=Steve
Re back pain, I'd do anything Kelly Starrett recommends. Has a good book on mobility called supple leopard.
Dirtmerchant (08-26-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 10:08 PM
pors9
Banned

Thanks Mark for the vote of confidence. And you are right about the auction companies - I've contacted a few of them to find cars that they have previously sold, and never even gotten a courtesy response.
We share a boat oaring upstream ... what's right is right.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...